: Random ping spikes which only occur every so often

Discus and support : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often So I have a new Xbox series x and I got a new monitor with it and whenever I run a speed test the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Itz Mr Messy, May 6, 2021.

1. Itz Mr Messy
    Itz Mr Messy Guest

So I have a new Xbox series x and I got a new monitor with it and whenever I run a speed test the numbers are all good, and for the most part my ping and connection are all fine, but sometimes it’s like a switch is hit and my ping goes from sitting around 20-40 to 200-250, mostly whilst I’m playing fifa 21 it’ll will go fine for a few secs then back to 200 and keep repeating. I’ll get terrible speed up lad and it completely ruins it for me it’s unplayable, I’ve done stuff like re-set the router and Xbox and I even uninstall and re-install the games but when they do fix the issue it’s only temporary and it will eventually come back. I have wireless so I don’t expect it to be perfect and this issue has only came about with the new set up I have, it even says on the network statistics via Xbox my wireless strength is 98%, any advice/help would be great thanks

:)

Itz Mr Messy, May 6, 2021
  2. yanos101 Win User

Ping spiking

@mikity: try searching for games with the DLC disabled(press select when you loaded up mp). also what is your upload and download speed?

you should find games between 75-100ms, if you don't then i would call my isp and have a line check up.
  3. a tired old guy Win User

Ping spiking

You realize doing a speed test while you are playing would be almost like running one while downloading a movie or something. Your game is eating up the bandwidth. Other games dont each so much.

Lag comp has absolutely nothing to do with your actual connection to the internet.

Best suggestion .... watch the search ping. Whenit hits 100, back out and search again.
  4. x Erratic o Win User

Ping spiking

Same thing here OP with the exception that my ping normally sits around 50.
  5. a tired old guy Win User

Ping spiking

I've never seen a ping search go over 150 ............... once it hits that it starts over again not listing the ping.
  6. OK Fowl Win User

Ping Spikes

This page has some useful steps to help with slow network performance:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution
Thema:

1. : Random ping spikes which only occur every so often - Similar Threads - Random ping spikes

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller Randomly Swapping To Player 2, 3 or 4 (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wired Controller Randomly Swapping To Player 2, 3 or 4 (PC): It swaps player after 20-30 minutes and stops working. In another forum I have read that it is because of "streaming apps" and I turned off geforce expeirence and xbox but that didn't fix it. I...
  3. my controller is turning off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    my controller is turning off randomly: after updating to the latest delta build for the series x my controller is randomly turning off. i’ve noticed this issue to be very frequent. every time i turn on my console it turns off at least...
  4. Random signing out and WiFi disconnects randomly too

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random signing out and WiFi disconnects randomly too: Literally as it says, I'll be gaming and then suddenly, I get signed out, which is VERY irritating, as well as the Xbox disconnecting randomly from the WiFi, our old ISP (BT, Plusnet, EE) used to...
  5. : Random slow download and constant high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...
  6. Random Ping spikes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Ping spikes: Recently whilst playing fortnite every 3-4 minutes my ping will jump from 40-50ish to 1000+ for aboout a 10 second period deeming me essentially useless. Just looking for some help to see if it...
  7. Random Ping spikes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Ping spikes: Recently whilst playing fortnite every 3-4 minutes my ping will jump from 40-50ish to 1000+ for aboout a 10 second period deeming me essentially useless. Just looking for some help to see if it...
  8. Bug Report - Random Lag/Latency/Ping Spikes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report - Random Lag/Latency/Ping Spikes: There is an issue on the preview and current version for the Xbox One. When playing an online game the ping would all of the sudden jump to the point where the game is unplayable. I have contacted...
  9. Very random 'pings' from Xbox One when powered off -- help or suggestions, please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very random 'pings' from Xbox One when powered off -- help or suggestions, please?: I've seen and read some other discussion threads that kind of related to my current issue, but I thought maybe if I started a whole new thread, that someone could hopefully be of assistance and...
  10. Xbox LIVE vs. Comcast - how do I fix the random ping spikes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE vs. Comcast - how do I fix the random ping spikes?: So I recently had to switch to Comcast HSI because of money issues, and for download and upload speed, Comcast is really nice, but when it comes to playing online the ping is just absolutely...