: Random slow download and constant high ping

Discus and support : Random slow download and constant high ping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Fordfourx4, May 19, 2020.

1. Fordfourx4
    Fordfourx4 Guest

So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out today and had nothing running on the wifi and i had to download an update for MW. It started off great
    by downloading the first 19gb in the first hour, that was 2 hours ago and it just pasted 20gb. Nothing with the wifi has changed and i dont know what is causing this. Is there anything i can so to improve tgis in the future as well as getting rid of a consistant
    lag and 100-200ms ping? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Fordfourx4, May 19, 2020
  2. tic tac omnius Win User

For a more stable connection you could try ethernet also make sure you dont have anything running in the background.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Error downloading a game from the Marketplace.

The ping is a little on the high side and you're net is very slow. That's most likely the issue.
  4. DerVaddi Win User

Ethernet or Wi-Fi

hi. i prefer cable. and the reason is very simple: compared to wifi, cable has the advantage of constant conditions and therefore constant values (ping, download, upload)
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s high ping

Do you measure the ping with the Network settings test in the console, or is that a ping shown in a game?

Be aware that game Ping also depends on other players hosting the match. If they have a slow internet connection, or are far away, the ping goes up for you as well.

If you get high ping during the console's network test, try doing a speedtest on your PC, selecting a speedtest server close to Seattle or Redmond (USA Washington State).

If the ping is high during that test as well, you might have to talk to your ISP if they have routing issues.
  6. Da Wife Said No Win User

network speed!

@OP What is your ping time? A high ping time could be more of the issue than the download or upload speed.
Thema:

1. : Random slow download and constant high ping - Similar Threads - Random slow download

2. In Game Audio Randomly Cutting In And Out

in XboX Insiders
    In Game Audio Randomly Cutting In And Out: My Audio keeps cutting out since the last update its intermittent, lasts a few seconds. being honest I've only been playing D2 recently so I'm not sure if it's game related or not as party audio...
  3. Xbox will randomly turn off, have trouble normally going into stanby

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will randomly turn off, have trouble normally going into stanby: My Xbox One X (Alpha Build) has been turning off maybe once every other day. This is usually when I'm going to the home screen, or inside the guide. It hasn't turned off while playing a game. A...
  4. Xbox One S controller random disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S controller random disconnect: Hello everyone, I've read through enough of these forums to know many people are having the same issues, but can't find anyone who has found a fix for the problem. My xbox controllers will...
  5. My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have been having trouble with my Xbox One since just after Christmas. I installed a new game (Little Nightmares from the Xbox store), and not long after this...
  6. Xbox one randomly boots and is slow on cod ghosts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one randomly boots and is slow on cod ghosts.: For pretty much ever, my xbox one runs so slow on cod ghosts. I also get randomly dashboarded. It can take upwards of one minute to open an app and that's if they open at all. Messages friends...
  7. All of my Xbox One games are loading too slow and freezing randomly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of my Xbox One games are loading too slow and freezing randomly.: For the past couple of weeks My Xbox One has been taking too long to load my games and experiencing performance issues during gameplay. So far there haven't been any noticeable problems with any...
  8. Slow UI and Random Shut Downs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow UI and Random Shut Downs: So, ever since i got the new update as part of the preview program the new UI has been incredibly slow compared to the old one and my xbox will consistently just shut down, usually when ive...
  9. Xbox One being VERY slow after my power randomly went out PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One being VERY slow after my power randomly went out PLEASE HELP: It was raining hard and my power randomly went out while I was playing my Xbox. When the power came back, my power brick wouldn't turn on. I unplugged it and waited for about 5 minutes and plugged...
  10. System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random.

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random.: My Xbox 360 has recently started playing music in "slow motion". This only happens in the System Music Player and is not caused by the location of the music as it happens when playing music off of...