Random sudden shutdowns from the guide

Discus and support Random sudden shutdowns from the guide in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'd been playing Ori & the Will of the Wisps and during gameplay I'd captured a clip. After exiting to the main menu, then returning to the dash I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Random sudden shutdowns from the guide

I'd been playing Ori & the Will of the Wisps and during gameplay I'd captured a clip. After exiting to the main menu, then returning to the dash I opened recent captures to check the clip.

As soon as I did so the screen froze and my power light flashesd twice in quick succession, then paused, then twice, then paused. After a third set of two pulses the console turned off and could only be powered on from the power button.

I've seen the power light blink before a crash, but never two quick flashes then a pause. Also the flashes seemed super bright. Brighter than the normal power light level.

Reported from console.

XB1X Scorpio Ed. on Skip Ahead Alpha

Note: Opening the clip after reboot didn't cause a crash, and worked just fine.

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Cindy-West Win User

Random shutdowns

I'm having the same problem. If they don't fix it, I'm just removing the whole app off my computer.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one x crashes after 30min of gameplay

Check the ventilation holes on the sides of the console for dust accumulation and clean each one. I vacuum clean mine when the console is disconnected from power.

Sudden shutdown indicates overheating.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Call of Duty shutting off my xbox

Check the ventilation holes for dust accumulation and clean them.

Sudden shutdown of the console and/or prolonged fan noise indicates an overheating issue.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

My xbox is crazy

Hey there Sw3G0dsssill4,

Sorry to hear about the random shutdown issues, let's have you take a look at
    this guide
    and see if it helps out with this problem.

Let us know!
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Allow the choice of sleep and shut down options when turning off.

id rather not have the shutdown command available when i press and hold the guide button in case i fully shut down by accident. like i say just open the guide and the option to restart or shutdown is at the bottom of there.
Thema:

Random sudden shutdowns from the guide

1. Random sudden shutdowns from the guide - Similar Threads - Random sudden shutdowns

2. Xbox One S controller random disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S controller random disconnect: Hello everyone, I've read through enough of these forums to know many people are having the same issues, but can't find anyone who has found a fix for the problem. My xbox controllers will...
  3. My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have been having trouble with my Xbox One since just after Christmas. I installed a new game (Little Nightmares from the Xbox store), and not long after this...
  4. Xbox One X 4k capture automatically stop by itself randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X 4k capture automatically stop by itself randomly: 4K capture not working and corrupt, after capturing only a 2 sec of a corrupt file is available, 1080p is ok, plz help.. when capturing 4k the xbox automatically cuts off the clip by ifself like...
  5. Random disconnection from xbox game pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Random disconnection from xbox game pass PC: Since I acquired the PC gamepass I have had random disconnections, this only happens to me with online games. My pc is connected by ethernet cable and simply drops the connection as if the modem...
  6. Random Sudden Shutdowns on Skip Ahead Alpha

in XboX Insiders
    Random Sudden Shutdowns on Skip Ahead Alpha: This morning I've had 2x random shutdowns on games that I have played hours of without issue; Slime Rancher Journey to the Savage Planet The Xbox is in the same position it's been in for years,...
  7. My Xbox is all of a sudden continuously cutting off randomly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is all of a sudden continuously cutting off randomly.: It is not overheating. It is randomly cutting off sometimes within seconds of turning it on or maybe a few hours. It is not the outlet. I dont think its the power cord because i took it to a...
  8. Xbox One turning on randomly all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turning on randomly all of a sudden: Over the weekend my xbox one has started randomly turning on, and then my TV will also turn on. It can do this multiple times in a row or it will go hours and then turn on. I have never had this...
  9. Game streaming suddenly stops at random interval.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game streaming suddenly stops at random interval.: Hello, All help is appreciated. The main problem I have here now, since the last update is that game streaming (which used to rock all the way) all of a sudden has issues. The problem is that...
  10. Random & Sudden Major Lag Across All Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random & Sudden Major Lag Across All Games: Hello everyone. I'm completely new here, this is my first post! I have Comcast Xfinity Internet with a the Technicolor TC8305C gateway they issued me. I replaced it with a brand new one of the...