Ranking in fighting games

Discus and support Ranking in fighting games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whats good gang?! When playing fighting games with a Rank System (Street Fighter, Naruto, JumpForce etc.) Does it affect you to see a higher rank than... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HueHef785, Feb 14, 2020.

1. HueHef785
    HueHef785 Guest

Whats good gang?!

When playing fighting games with a Rank System (Street Fighter, Naruto, JumpForce etc.) Does it affect you to see a higher rank than you? Do you automatically assume they're a good fighter because of the rank? Ive had people tell me I thought you'd be better
    because you have a high rank or I thought you'd be worse cause of a low rank? My response is always the same...Rank doesn't equal skill in most games and just represents more of how often you play the game....especially in games where the rank doesn't decrease
    due to a loss.

Thoughts??

:)

HueHef785, Feb 14, 2020
  2. IKEVOI 71 Win User

It's a little bit worrying when I join a COD lobby and it's full of high ranking players but on 1 vs 1 fighting games the rank doesn't matter to much to me.
  3. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

To me it adds a factor of being alittle scared that you might get destroyed by the other person but at the same time if they're actually better then you it's an experience to make you grow better. To see how they play and learn from that to make you better.
    I tend to wait until the actual match starts to see if they are as good as their stats.
  4. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

There will be always some better than you dear son. get used to it. Sooner or later. Sooner the better.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Does it affect you to see a higher rank than you? Do you automatically assume they're a good fighter because of the rank? Ive had people tell me I thought you'd be better because you have a high rank or I thought you'd be worse cause of a low rank?
    My response is always the same...Rank doesn't equal skill in most games and just represents more of how often you play the game....especially in games where the rank doesn't decrease due to a loss.
    I agree with what you're saying here. For me, it depends on the game / ranking system. Some are more skill based (different tiers based on win / lose), and others are just a progression (1 - 100).

Seeing a higher rank in a competitive game with a skill based ranking system would probably intimidate me a bit; however, I try to not let it get to me because I might be better (or lucky). For the progression ones, I ultimately understand that playing longer
    does not necessarily correlate to being better at a game.
  6. lilbak82 Win User

Usally when i see a higher rank than me i know im gonna get beat most of the time
Thema:

1. Ranking in fighting games - Similar Threads - Ranking fighting games

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Ranked Adventures.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 - Ranked Adventures.: Why, everyone plays ranked adventures ? And why we are only losing our time playing, if we canot gain a single point? I cant understand why we are playing and the points dont added to our score....
  3. Halo: Reach Ranking System

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo: Reach Ranking System: I recently made an account and have played the Team Hardcore playlist. It has a number rank that goes up as you win and down as you lose. Starts at 1 and I got it to a 7 and then my game crashed....
  4. Being a Halo Fan = Rank 343 OgreRha 1485

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being a Halo Fan = Rank 343 OgreRha 1485: Hoping it's a great end to the newest Master Chief trilogy and that they tie in the story from Halo Wars 2 as well (although that may be wishful thinking). I just really want a great game and...
  5. About Ranking of Insider Hub

in XboX Insiders
    About Ranking of Insider Hub: [IMG] Is this user a staff member? he got 400 quests points in a week and appeared out from nowhere, i never see before a user grow up in the ranking so fast before....
  6. What does regional gamerscore rank mean?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does regional gamerscore rank mean?: Hi I recently recieved my Week in Review email and it says that I my regional rank is 1. How big are these regions? 7519f0a3-3444-4fa9-8bd9-ec77e454a435
  7. What is the Highest Ranking Level in Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the Highest Ranking Level in Fortnite?: I noticed I have a Season X Level and an Account Level can someone please explain to me these basics of the Leveling System for Fortnite. Is the Max Level 50 or 100 or 1,000 or etc?...
  8. How does the Leveling system work in Fortnite for Ranking up and down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does the Leveling system work in Fortnite for Ranking up and down?: How do you level up and down in Fortnite? What are the ranks from start to end in Fortnite? Is it easy to level up and down in Fortnite? b4d12457-0d73-478d-b736-996a8f61ed4d
  9. Xbox Insider Rings - Ranking up to alpha

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Rings - Ranking up to alpha: I’ve been in the 3 preview rings: omega, delta, and beta, and I’ve been an insider for 2 YEARS and 4 months and I STILL have NO option to select Preview Alpha, I am really beginning to think it’s...
  10. Myvip rank

in XBoX Accessibility
    Myvip rank: How do i know what myvip rank stars iam and do i move up ..cant find anything. That explains the ranks? What rank im in and how to move up?? Need a table of content! Some 1 help me...