Really bad Download speed and ping

Discus and support Really bad Download speed and ping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox) I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Sluggerjames89, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Really bad Download speed and ping

Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox)
    I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told my my internet to get their router/modem. Still i’m having terrible ping/download speed . Wifi and Hardwired in. So frustrating. I’ve done the console resets which helps for like 10 minutes then it’s back to lagging. Ive done the modem resets and everything. Constant tests that say my internet is good on all other devices. Does anyone have any idea whats going on ??

:)

Sluggerjames89, Feb 9, 2021
  2. FaITh2THYGod Win User

Can't connect to my WiFi. Bizarre issue for me.

Ping- 20ms Download speed- 1.46 Mbps Upload speed- 0.26 Mbps

Never knew my connection was this bad.
  3. Nightsfalls Win User

xbox live ***

this is what my internet is right atm 15 ping download speed 25.70 mbps and upload speed 0.52 mbps

and is it good or bad
  4. The1337gamer Win User

yet another un-explained glitch

[quote user="TopFire"]

I've always wondered this. Is having a Ping of 14 a Download of 15.12 and an Upload of 6.34 considere bad, average, or good?

[/quote]

That's very good. The lower your ping, the better. Ping is more important for gaming than your download/upload speed. You don't download/upload large files when gaming online so download/upload speeds are rarely an issue for most people. High ping (or network
    latency) will cause lagg in matches.
  5. Muttonloaf99 Win User

Connected to the internet but not to LIVE?

Ok the test results were:

PING: 47 MS

Download Speed: 2.14mbps

Upload Speed: 0.41 mbps

Is this good or bad we also have windows xp
  6. VinMsr Win User

Good Ping but bad download speed

Hi Noah

Try to bring the console closer to the modem

also when you download at 1mb, you have other devices on that work the band, if you try to turn off and check if the download speed increases.

If you don't solve that way, try contacting microsoft support at this
    link

Hope you solve the problem and have a good day

-Vincenzo

Xbox Ambassador
Thema:

Really bad Download speed and ping

1. Really bad Download speed and ping - Similar Threads - Really bad Download

2. : Really bad lag!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Really bad lag!: : Really bad lag! Ok so in the past 1-2 weeks my connection in games have dropped alot i used to never get any lag at all. I use sky and never had an issue wirh it but recently any game i play im...
  3. Xbox capture records microphone input really badly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox capture records microphone input really badly: When I make a capture with Xbox live it records my microphone input really bad. The video I made has microphone enabled but the mic is choppy, with parts of my voice cut off and twitching. Click...
  4. Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed really bad guide performance?: In the 2008 update that was in skip-ahead I noticed the guide performance being really bad while playing games, specifically when the party overlay is on. The overlay is also very delayed to show...
  5. REALLY bad download speeds on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    REALLY bad download speeds on Xbox One: Hi everyone, So I'm stuck with a bit of confusion right now. I recently upgraded my fibre line from 20/20 to 100/100. Speeds are great and all, but my downloads on my Xbox One are horrific! This...
  6. Why the Windows store so bad? I really hope they are looking into improving it....

in XboX Insiders
    Why the Windows store so bad? I really hope they are looking into improving it....: It's one thing that games download almost 5 times slower than any game launcher I use, but the fact that it can start a game update automatically, midway through discover that there is not enough...
  7. Bad really bad service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad really bad service: On the 7th of Febuary I have locked a request for a brand new controller that I bought, that is faulty. Since then I had the super bad service from the xbox support team. I keep on getting one...
  8. A really bad point of game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    A really bad point of game pass: Hi everyone, do not get me wrong I've had game pass ultimate for 5 months and really liked until now. Microsoft decide to TAKE OUT one of my favorite game of the list "The elder scrolls IV:...
  9. I feel really bad for having to report some players when I was playing a game. Now what?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I feel really bad for having to report some players when I was playing a game. Now what?: Most recently today, I had to report a series of enemy team in Overwatch who were playing aggressively like they are completely unbeatable. When it came to, I saw 2 of my teammates rage quit in...
  10. Why Upload rate in Xbox is really bad even though it´s quite good in desktop speedy test?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Why Upload rate in Xbox is really bad even though it´s quite good in desktop speedy test?: Why Upload rate in Xbox is really bad even though it´s quite good in desktop speedy test? Modem and router are at the same device. 1fcca28f-d448-4c68-aaea-b6b30453886a