Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or...

Discus and support Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it possible to facilitate a replacement at this time? Support has no contact information, the site confirms the controller is under warranty, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by djd78, Mar 23, 2020.

1. djd78
    djd78 Guest

Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or...

Is it possible to facilitate a replacement at this time? Support has no contact information, the site confirms the controller is under warranty, but the page does not process the request.

Is anyone aware of another alternative to get a working controller that was broken upon delivery?

Thank you!!!

:)

djd78, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or contact support?

If you just bought it, contact the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange.

Otherwise, you can request a call back or chat with support at http://support.xbox.com/contact-u . If you don't see those options, change your category/topic until you do.
    Typically billing will always have those options.
  3. djd78 Win User

Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or contact support?

Thank you so much! I followed your suggestion and went through billing, was transferred to another department, and they completed my return online over the phone.

THANK YOU!
  4. MonjaJozef Win User

Register your controller for repair because the warranty is new.
    Link
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

New Controller not connecting to X Box One X

Hi JemVanWin,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Regarding the service ticket and the return label being for Germany, the Xbox Service Center for Europe is located in Germany, so this is standard. In the matter concerning the refund, it does take some time as you
    would need to ship the controller back, and once received, then a refund would be processed by Microsoft and it make take a matter of business days to reach your account based on your financial institutions process.

I understand that this can be disheartening or frustrating; however, I'm glad that you were able to be assisted in the correct manner and have received a refund for the controller so that you may replace it in your own time.

As the issue has been resolved for you in this manner, we'll be locking this thread at this time.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  6. JemVanWin Win User

New Controller not connecting to X Box One X

So how everything has panned out from MS Store support...

Initially the operator basically concluded that the only option was to have it returned and then a replacement sent.

He/She processed the ticket and I was emailed a Return label for UPS.

Upon reading through the ticket and the label, I was a bit perplexed as the return address was in Germany (bare in mind I'm in the UK, and the item was originally sent to me from the UK), and that the expected turnaround for the replacement to happen was 8+
    days.

This seemed a bit pointless to me, so I got back in touch with MS Support, and asked if I could just send it back and receieve a refund instead of a replacement. As I may as well just pop down the shop and get one today, rather than be without a controller
    for 8 days.

Initially, he said No. Then I told him this made me really sad. Then he changed his mind and said it can be done.

So then the order was changed so that I could get refunded.

But it looking at the emails after it seems I'm not likely to get the refund in less than 15 days.

Either way, it's safe to say I lose. Lost time, lost products, stress, messy finances. The plus side is I don't really feel like gaming after this and feel like I no longer want to get a controller for a while.
Thema:

1. Received New X Box One with Controller that does not work? Able to replace at this time or... - Similar Threads - Received Box Controller

2. X Box One X Connected to 5.1 AV Receiver - Netflix Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X Connected to 5.1 AV Receiver - Netflix Support: I have my Xbox One X connected to a Yamaha 5.1 AV receiver. What should i set my Xbox audio settings to. If i select uncompressed 5.1, Netflix converts original 5.1 DD to 5.1 PCM If I select...
  3. XBOX ONE S: Fernseher und Denon-Receiver werden immer ausgeschaltet, wenn X-BOX...

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX ONE S: Fernseher und Denon-Receiver werden immer ausgeschaltet, wenn X-BOX...: Der Fernseher und Denon-Receiver werden immer ausgeschaltet, wenn die XBOX ausgeschaltet wird. Eingestellt ist aber "umschalten" nicht "ausschalten". Manchmal, wenn ich die XBOX einschalte,...
  4. Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver To contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us...
  5. Minecraft not received after purchasing X Box live for 12 months

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Minecraft not received after purchasing X Box live for 12 months: I purchased Minecraft on a dashboard promotion and have not received the code to redeem the game? 9c221410-0c4a-4a63-9e60-077eff55ddb9
  6. Not receiving X box game invites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving X box game invites: have tried checking settings notifications and blue ray clear storage trick but no joy. Any other suggestions? Thanks c3b94e6b-492d-401a-9fa4-5c877dc732ae
  7. I received my codes but they are not in my messages box !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received my codes but they are not in my messages box !: I bought gow 4 and received the codes for the previous games a few days later on the screen of my Xbox one. However i did not redeemed them and cant find them anywhere today... i received the...
  8. Forza 6 Game-Code still not received (X-Box One Bundle (choose your game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 6 Game-Code still not received (X-Box One Bundle (choose your game): Hey there! I bought the X-Box One Bundle "Choose your Game" a few days ago, where you're able to choose between four games (Forza 6, Halo, Tomb Raider, Rare Replay). There was this little card...
  9. problem with control of audio-receiver and TV-box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with control of audio-receiver and TV-box: Hi everyone, i have 2 problems... First is if i choose another channel of my tv box (Comag SL60HD+) it recognized sometimes only one digit, f.e. just the 1 of 15. Is their an resolution for this...
  10. Xbox One no longer powers on/off my TV/Cable Box/Receiver when turned on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer powers on/off my TV/Cable Box/Receiver when turned on/off: I have my Xbox One connected to an audio receiver, cable box and TV. All 3 of these were recognized and would turn on/off with the xbox using voice commands. I did a hard reset last week as I do...