: recent double nat detected from update

Discus and support : recent double nat detected from update in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : recent double nat detected from update Hi Amy, You might be the victim of a technology called Carrier Grade NAT: its used by some providers to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by amytruitt, Jun 4, 2020.

1. amytruitt
    amytruitt Guest

Hi Amy,

You might be the victim of a technology called Carrier Grade NAT: its used by some providers to reduce the number of public IP addresses they need by having multiple customers share the same IP address (in the same way the typical home network has all the
    devices share the one IP address when using the internet).

To find out you'll need to log on to your modem/router's web interface and take note of its WAN IP address: if its in the range 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, you've got CGN happening. Otherwise you may have a separate router sitting in front of your HT2000W.

In the case of CGN, there's nothing you can do about it directly. You'll need to contact your provider and ask for a public IP address to be assigned to you connection, which they may or may not be able to do. If the double NATing if occuring on your own
    network and you have another router doing more NATing, you'll need to decide which router needs to route and NAT traffic and which should be put into bridging mode. I can't really provide any advice on that without knowing more about your network.

Regards,

Jason

:)

amytruitt, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

Hi Amy,

You might be the victim of a technology called Carrier Grade NAT: its used by some providers to reduce the number of public IP addresses they need by having multiple customers share the same IP address (in the same way the typical home network has all the
    devices share the one IP address when using the internet).

To find out you'll need to log on to your modem/router's web interface and take note of its WAN IP address: if its in the range 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, you've got CGN happening. Otherwise you may have a separate router sitting in front of your HT2000W.

In the case of CGN, there's nothing you can do about it directly. You'll need to contact your provider and ask for a public IP address to be assigned to you connection, which they may or may not be able to do. If the double NATing if occuring on your own
    network and you have another router doing more NATing, you'll need to decide which router needs to route and NAT traffic and which should be put into bridging mode. I can't really provide any advice on that without knowing more about your network.

Regards,

Jason
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

White sign in screen when using mobile broadband

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the update with the error. Double NAT usually means it is trying to connect to two different devices, such as a modem/router and/or phone. Here is a

troubleshooting guide for double NAT

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Need help resolving a double NAT issue.

If you see a Double NAT detected message. Contact your Internet service provider. And ask for a public IP address. You will pay more for the Internet, but you will have NAT Open. And the Double NAT detected message disappears.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Connecting to Xbox Live with my phones Hotspot

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

: Doble nat [Translate] Double NAT

Thema:

1. : recent double nat detected from update - Similar Threads - recent double nat

2. Recently added titles not showing in gamepass recently added, on Xbox or Mobile App

in XboX Insiders
    Recently added titles not showing in gamepass recently added, on Xbox or Mobile App: [IMG] submitted by /u/major-riot [link] [comments]
  3. Achievement tab gone. Recent Achievements moved.

in XboX Insiders
    Achievement tab gone. Recent Achievements moved.: [IMG] submitted by /u/NBAKirkland [link] [comments]
  4. Whats the most recent build for Xbox insiders?

in XboX Insiders
    Whats the most recent build for Xbox insiders?: I currently have Omega, Delta and Beta, i'm wondering if there are more, because currently Omega and Delta are the same, and Beta is the most updated one for me (i'll update to beta since there is...
  5. I bought Minecarft Java in 2017 and i recently discovered i can get the bedrock edition for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Minecarft Java in 2017 and i recently discovered i can get the bedrock edition for...: Yea i bought Minecaft Java in 2017 and I should have a code please HELP ecdaf1f6-5a0c-42a7-91a1-6b09f19a09c4
  6. Too Many Non-Game Things Being Added to Recently-Played Row

in XboX Insiders
    Too Many Non-Game Things Being Added to Recently-Played Row: This has been a bit of a long-standing annoyance for me, but with the latest beta builds, I'm seeing things go the exact opposite way from how they should. The top row of recently-played games is...
  7. Can't join party's after the most recent update

in XboX Insiders
    Can't join party's after the most recent update: After the most recent update from the early preview. I can't join party invs my menu opens then sits for a about 3-4 seconds then closes right after. submitted by /u/ObamaCareWorks [link]...
  8. I recently got into Project xCloud and for some reason I could play games I dont own? Is...

in XboX Insiders
    I recently got into Project xCloud and for some reason I could play games I dont own? Is...: I wanted to see what would happen if I did open a game I dont even own, and I got in with no problem? I mean hey I wont complain too much, free game lol, My GT is PanPandJa if that matters but I...
  9. Alpha skip ahead have removed the recent achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead have removed the recent achievements: I quite liked it, knowing what you had recently unlocked and how much its worth, but now there's nothing there I hope its not permanent. submitted by /u/Shagwan257 [link] [comments]
  10. Would be so awesome if Home was placed alongside the others, giving space for more recent...

in XboX Insiders
    Would be so awesome if Home was placed alongside the others, giving space for more recent...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]