Recently bought a Xbox One which won't run as it says it needs to do an update which it can't

Discus and support Recently bought a Xbox One which won't run as it says it needs to do an update which it can't in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; "There was a problem with the system update"... You need to update to use your console.... Error code 0x8B0500B6 I can't find any solution.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TwiggiestBeef85, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Recently bought a Xbox One which won't run as it says it needs to do an update which it can't

"There was a problem with the system update"...

You need to update to use your console.... Error code 0x8B0500B6

I can't find any solution. www.xbox.com website is not working or the xbox customer services.

:)

TwiggiestBeef85, Jan 27, 2022
  2. I'mAice Win User

Recently bought a Xbox One which won't run as it says it needs to do an update which it can't

It's working here in my end though. Make sure that your device is set to an Xbox supported region and try using a different browser or device.
  3. Jamie​ Win User

so your telling me this link right HERE doesn't work if not then you need to be in an Xbox-supported region. (I'mAice said the same thing above.)
  4. TwiggiestBeef85 Win User

But the support.Xbox.com website has been down for over a month.

The weblink does not work.

The Xbox website no longer exists.
  5. Jamie​ Win User

I mean I understand where you are coming from and the answer to this question is here "I have tried resetting google Chrome to USA but www.support.xbox.com is still blocked. Is the only solution a virtual VPN in the USA from the UK?" I have no clue I haven't tried that because this is the first time someone has had this problem.
  6. TwiggiestBeef85 Win User

Thanks. The www.support.xbox.com does not exist or any links to it if I use my computer or anything connected to the a UK landline. Yet if I disconnect from LANDLINEs and WIFI and use mobile phone data it suddenly exists!

The problem is that the file to be downloaded is larger than twice my monthly mobile data allowance.

I have now discovered when we changed broadband provider it blocked by default all gaming websites including xbox.... which was preventing access to anything xbox related.
Thema:

1. Recently bought a Xbox One which won't run as it says it needs to do an update which it can't - Similar Threads - Recently bought won't

2. can't access gamepass or any recently bought games.

in XboX Insiders
    can't access gamepass or any recently bought games.: I am unable to play any of the gamepass gamesob my xbox one x. Instead it asks me to sign in or renew subscription, trying to report the problems leads me to a check your network problem that...
  3. I recently bought just cause four gold edition only to play it once and the next day being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought just cause four gold edition only to play it once and the next day being...: I recently bought just cause four gold edition only to play it once and the next day being REFUNDED AND NOT GETTING MY MONEY BACK 85ef5e78-0f73-4ed2-b102-68b34522062c
  4. Recently bought a game, now it is completely missing from my library.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently bought a game, now it is completely missing from my library.: Bought the 59.99 edition of Forza last night watched it download about half the content for t he game then went to sleep. Now i woke up excited to hop on the game and it is completely missing from...
  5. I bought Minecarft Java in 2017 and i recently discovered i can get the bedrock edition for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Minecarft Java in 2017 and i recently discovered i can get the bedrock edition for...: Yea i bought Minecaft Java in 2017 and I should have a code please HELP ecdaf1f6-5a0c-42a7-91a1-6b09f19a09c4
  6. 0x80070005 error on recently bought game (Deep Rock Galactic)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80070005 error on recently bought game (Deep Rock Galactic): I bought deep rock galactic today and when I tried to download it, it said it was "Aquiring License", and after a while, "Error". I checked the details and it was the 0x80070005 error. Now there...
  7. I recently bought a game and its dlc content included with the bundle isnt unlocked in game

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently bought a game and its dlc content included with the bundle isnt unlocked in game: Hello I recently bought Killer Instinct Definitive Edition but I forgot my windows microsoft account isn't the same as the one linked to my xbox account. Funny story, 5 years ago I tried moving my...
  8. I recently bought game pass ultimate and am wondering how I claim spotify premium. Where do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought game pass ultimate and am wondering how I claim spotify premium. Where do...: Hi look at the title i need help 1ea617a4-d04f-466d-9c7b-5cd185b59cd6
  9. Recently bought Forza 4, not able to sign into Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Recently bought Forza 4, not able to sign into Xbox Live: Hello. Today i bought Forza 4. After the successful download and installation, i tried to start the game. But i´m not able to do it. I get a message, that there´s no sign - in to Xbox live...
  10. Recently bought a external hard drive, that my Xbox one won't read.. Help!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently bought a external hard drive, that my Xbox one won't read.. Help!?: Recently bought a 1TB hard drive, after reading the reviews this works for Xbox one, however when I wire it up to my Xbox i cannot put games onto it. Ive tried all of the recommendations that Xbox...