recording isn't working error

Discus and support recording isn't working error in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have this problem when I record gameplay it records fine and when I want to stop it by opening the game bar it will show the recording isn't working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by IvanMlangeni, Sep 22, 2020.

1. IvanMlangeni
    IvanMlangeni Guest

I have this problem when I record gameplay it records fine and when I want to stop it by opening the game bar it will show the recording isn't working error and the recording will not be saved. I have lost hours worth of content because of this. It's annoying

:)

IvanMlangeni, Sep 22, 2020
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Recording isn't working Error: 2184327175

Try checkung for an update on the Xbox app and then restart the pc...
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Recording isn't working error 2184327190

Hi Mhabib2019,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. If you haven't already done so, you may wish to try the troubleshooting in the support articles

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10
    and Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10 to see if they will help get you back to recording
    your gameplay.

Alternatively, I would also recommend checking out the following support thread concerning the Game bar:

Update to Game Bar Beta - Looking for Group and images in chat!

In addition to some great information, it also contains the steps for reporting any issues that you're currently experiencing in your Gamebar as well.

Give the troubleshooting a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Recording isn't working Error: 2184327175

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming to the forums, Id be happy to help.

If it was working fine up until early this morning, what other apps or programs have you opened since then that could be affecting your graphics card? I recommend closing all apps you are using and to make it easier I recommend restarting your PC with a

clean boot

Also make sure Windows is up to date and your graphics card drivers are up to date.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Recording isn't working 2184327175

Hello Arda,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved We will be locking this thread. If you ever have another question, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Thanks again.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Recording isn't working 2184327175

Hi Arda Acar

Try restarting your computer with a
    clean boot
    , also check to make sure your windows is up to date and your graphics drivers
Thema:

1. recording isn't working error - Similar Threads - recording isn't working

2. Recording isn't working in Xbox game bar. error:2147942405 #windows10 #lenovo G50

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working in Xbox game bar. error:2147942405 #windows10 #lenovo G50: I have used Xbox for capturing videos on chrome, zoom etc. It went well. But now it's giving this error when I press Windows+Alt+R. [img] Please help me with this issue....
  3. Recording isn't working. Error: 2184327175

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working. Error: 2184327175: Whenever I start recording. it records for 40 seconds and then this error occur: Recording isn't working. Error: 2184327175 bde1d8e2-11d8-4fb1-b52a-3854fe8a2bee
  4. Game DVR isn't recording properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR isn't recording properly: I've been trying to record game footage onto my HDD for a few days. It is all set up to record (I have tried 1080p, 4k and 4K HDR with the same issue with each) when i set the Xbox to record it...
  5. Recording isn't working 2184327175

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working 2184327175: Merhabalar, Dünden itibaren ekran kaydı yaparken şu hatayı alıyorum. Hatanın görseli: [Mod Transaltion - Hi As of yesterday, When I'm recording screenshots, I get this error. Image of error:]...
  6. Game Bar "Recording Isn't Working Error: 2147942487" when trying to record Microsoft Teams...

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar "Recording Isn't Working Error: 2147942487" when trying to record Microsoft Teams...: I get this error after trying to record Microsoft Teams window using Win+Alt+R: [img] I can record other windows successfully using this method (Chrome, VirtualBox, others..) After this error...
  7. Recording isn't working error 2184327190

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working error 2184327190: Recording isn't working error 2184327190 [img] 889d6bac-c95c-4bf9-9a53-59ea76a3c4f0
  8. Recording isn't working Error: 2184327175

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working Error: 2184327175: So gamebar was working fine as recently for me as early this morning, but when I booted it up today, it gave me the above error. I've already checked the "Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10" page...
  9. Xbox gaming overlay: Recording isn't working, Error 2184327190

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gaming overlay: Recording isn't working, Error 2184327190: Hello I try to use the xbox gaming overlay inside a virtual machine (virtualbox) to record an application but it isn't working. The error message is also quite cryptic "Error: 2184327190", what...
  10. post-update in-game dvr isn't recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    post-update in-game dvr isn't recording: after yesterday's update, none of my three Age of Empires castles has a functioning in-game dvr. no replays, no sharing, no retrys. 4545daa0-ee0e-4d99-ba58-0708dfc54b65