Recording video off uour computer using xbox

Discus and support Recording video off uour computer using xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Does anyone know if you can record your computer screen as a video or only screen shots from the console companion? 0cfe6899-5df0-4690-9e12-4f8775d150f0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnSteadman1, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Recording video off uour computer using xbox

Does anyone know if you can record your computer screen as a video or only screen shots from the console companion?

:)

JohnSteadman1, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello John, by companion you see the captures, but through windows game bar you can capture as video.

Press Botton Windows + G, that bar appears, and then Windows + Alt + R to start a recording.
  3. Ariel Acu Win User

What all shows on Xbox Profile Activity?

Hi TiberiusOptimus,

Normally, the Activity feed section in the Xbox app shows you all in-game activities, recorded games, and achievements that you unlocked. If you're using the Xbox app on your phone, it will not show that you're watching videos from the
    Youtube app or from other apps. The same goes if you're watching videos from your computer unless you recorded it using the Game DVR feature in the Xbox app. Any video clips recorded using the Game DVR will show up in the Activity feed section.

Let us know if you have clarifications.
  4. THE NlNJA Win User

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!

You're kidding me? You made two threads breaking forum rules just to get views on a video that you hand recorded off your computer.
    EPIC FAIL of the week right there.
  5. WhiTeYxM Win User

Need help with Capture Card devices

Ok first off, most capture card if not all current cap cards only support component HD cables not HDMI so you wouldn't be able to use the HDMI cable you are using at the moment.

As for connecting it all up it depends on which one you get, but most of them you will need to use your own component cable to connect up the Xbox to the capture device, then you use the supplied component cable from the device to your tv (so you will be
    using 2 component cables in total)

Then you plug the capture unit into your computer/laptop with the supplied USB cable, and then you install the software that comes with the device onto your computer/laptop which you then use to actually record whats on your tv screen, so to start recording
    you plug everything in, run the software on your pc and if everything is working fine you will see your xbox on your tv and on the computer screen, then you just hit the record button on the software to start recording your gameplay.

Then when you are finished, just hit the stop button to stop recording, which will then save the video to your computer and then you can open that up in the editing software you installed, to either edit it or just render and save to either AVi, WMV or whatever
    format you wish to use.

It is worth mentioning that recording and rendering video requires quite a lot of power to run smoothly, if your pc specs are low then when you record the audio and video will keep cutting out and go out of sync, so you will need a somewhat powerful computer
    to handle the recording.

If theres anything else you need to know that i have missed just let me know i will try to help.
  6. TiberiusOptimus Win User

What all shows on Xbox Profile Activity?

Hi ,

Normally, the Activity feed section in the Xbox app shows you all in-game activities, recorded games, and achievements that you unlocked. If you're using the Xbox app on your phone, it will not show that you're watching videos from the
    Youtube app or from other apps. The same goes if you're watching videos from your computer unless you recorded it using the Game DVR feature in the Xbox app. Any video clips recorded using the Game DVR will show up in the Activity feed section.

Let us know if you have clarifications.
    Thanks!
Thema:

1. Recording video off uour computer using xbox - Similar Threads - Recording video off

2. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

in XBoX on Windows
    Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?: Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k Bluray works perfect, as well as a recordable...
  3. Blank Video Recorded by Xbox Game Capture

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank Video Recorded by Xbox Game Capture: Sometimes I got blank video (black screen) when I record my game with Xbox Game Capture. I use the Game Capture to record last minute when I play Valorant, and the file size is big for a 1-minute...
  4. Videos won't record at 1080p60.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Videos won't record at 1080p60.: Hey there, I want to record some gameplay on PC using the Windows Game Capture, or whatever it's name is. I am facing a problem wherein; even though I am running the game at around 200+ FPS, the...
  5. Xbox - video recording with both - headset voice and game audio

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox - video recording with both - headset voice and game audio: Hi, In Xbox One S, could you please suggest how to record both together - headset voice and game audio Currently, only game audio is being recorded and there is no voice from controller headset...
  6. Gamebar-recorded videos have choppy sound if the audio output is from an add-on sound card

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar-recorded videos have choppy sound if the audio output is from an add-on sound card: Dear Experts, I wanted to upgrade my commentary and gaming audio so I bought a soundblaster Audigy FX 5.1 card and had it inserted into the mainboard. After doing this the problem I have is when...
  7. can I record a video to report a player?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I record a video to report a player?: I want to report this guy for threatening players in game chat, calling people "gay". I have a capture card, could I send it as proof of this? Its game chat audio for grand theft auto 5....
  8. How do I get access to my recorded video's from a different account in Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get access to my recorded video's from a different account in Xbox One S?: hi, i've been recently recording some clips on my xbox one, i used to play and record those from a totally different account, is there any other way i can get access to those clips from a...
  9. Cannot record videos upto an hour with 16 GB on Xbox one S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot record videos upto an hour with 16 GB on Xbox one S: I used to record upto an hour using a 16 GB flash drive on my Xbox one console 2 years ago. But when I tried it again, I couldn't record upto an hour. What is the reason. Help will be appreciated...
  10. Xbox Video recorder on Win10 turned off it self unexpectedly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Video recorder on Win10 turned off it self unexpectedly: Hello, The video recorder self-turned off and said " video record complete " while I was playing Age of Empire 3. And I didn't press any botton to do that. then I checked the recorded video,...