Recording voice chat through DVR

Discus and support Recording voice chat through DVR in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I got an Xbox One I looked up to see if the game DVR recorded game chat, because funny things are always said. Sadly, I came to find that that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mavFIVE, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mavFIVE
    mavFIVE Guest

Before I got an Xbox One I looked up to see if the game DVR recorded game chat, because funny things are always said. Sadly, I came to find that that was not the case, and when I got my xbox one I tested it out just to make sure and sure enough my chat audio
    was not added to the clips I recorded. The only option was to add a voice over in Upload Studio.

However, fast forward to last night. Me and three of my friends were playing Destiny crucible and all of us ended up recording several clips. Afterwards in the tower we started going through them. All of my clips had the chat audio from just one if my friends
    in it. It was my gameplay but you could hear him talking. And it was only in my clips. All the other clips had no chat audio.

I did a quick search last night and this morning but I can't figure out what setting combination we have to allow this. Anyone know how we can all enable this feature?

:)

mavFIVE, Nov 19, 2014
  2. Qgames
    Qgames Guest
    DVR game recording voice

Is there any hope that in the future Xbox will support recording voice and chats directly to DVR game capture?

Qgames, Nov 19, 2014
  3. hazzard4192
    hazzard4192 Guest
    Xbox One with Dish Hopper

you can run it through the xbox. you will have to use dish remote to access dvr menu and select recording. features like pause, play, etc can be done with voice through xbox. I have my hopper running through and is working perfect..

hazzard4192, Nov 19, 2014
  4. RazorElectric43 Win User

Game DVR not recording microphone.

You can't record voice through DVR, however if your using Mixer for audio why not record video with Mixer as well.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

xbox one clip

In-game voice chat is not captured on the Xbox DVR game clips - unless the game has a built in chat system that could make it record but it usually won't.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

most people seem to be recording their own voice via a PC not natively on the Xbox DVR.

Game DVR recording
  7. Geth Win User

xbox DVR

Are you using the xbox DVR for voice recording?

Because I'm struggling to find anything on this.
  8. ShadowChaser36 Win User

Question for those who watch TV mostly through DVR (previously recorded)

That was kind of a bummer when I read that we can't view our DVR recording using Kinect, but you can pause, rewind, etc. live TV. Maybe sometime in the future there will be an update to allow users to view our DVR recordings and record programs by voice.
Thema:

1. Recording voice chat through DVR - Similar Threads - Recording voice chat

2. Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat

in XboX Insiders
    Lets us record longer clips and include voice chat: Let us record longer and include voice chat in pur clips. I heard it so mich every time me and my friends have a funny moment we're just like: "I wish that it recorded out voices". Please update...
  3. Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat: Hardware Game Bar Version: 1.43.26001.0 Xbox Console Companion Version: 48.55.30001.0 Console: Xbox One Xbox One Controller with Turtle Beach Headset Game: Halo 5: Guardians PC: Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...: Hi, I would like to know why doesnt the Xbox One/Xbox One X capture your in game chat voice in the "record that" option when quickly capturing it by hitting the middle button? Why doesnt the Xbox...
  5. Recording Gameplay, Including game voice chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording Gameplay, Including game voice chat: Currently, Fortnite voice chat isn't picked up by GameDVR and I wanted to know if there was a cheap way to record gameplay and audio for example audio of squad members in Fortnite besides having...
  6. Record Voice Chat With Game DVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Record Voice Chat With Game DVR: The solution to this is not use the game bar on a windows 10 PC. I want to be able record my microphone audio, as well as party chat, or in game chat, when I record a clip through game DVR. PS4...
  7. Can you record someone's voice in Xbox live party chat without their consent?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you record someone's voice in Xbox live party chat without their consent?: I want to know if you are able to record someone in party chat with their consent! I want to know this because I am a YouTuber that likes to play games and record live commentaries with friends....
  8. Party chat 'how do I record my friends voice on the Xbox one ( elgato hd60)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat 'how do I record my friends voice on the Xbox one ( elgato hd60): I was wondering if other is going to be a party chat update for Xbox one so I can record my friends voices in my videos,this has really annoyed me as the update came out on Xbox 360 but not yet on...
  9. Party chat 'how do I record my friends voice on the Xbox one ( elgato hd60)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat 'how do I record my friends voice on the Xbox one ( elgato hd60): I was wondering if other is going to be a party chat update for Xbox one so I can record my friends voices in my videos,this has really annoyed me as the update came out on Xbox 360 but not yet on...
  10. Recording voices thru XBL Party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording voices thru XBL Party chat: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way of getting voices from a party chat to record clearer? I have x11's turtle beaches and a PVR, my chat settings on my xbox are voice volume at 10 and...