Recording with a external device

Discus and support Recording with a external device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to record gameplay with a roxio game capture pro, which is a external pvr, I need help either setting it up or knowing if I can record with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EpicTicket, Feb 7, 2014.

1. EpicTicket
    EpicTicket Guest

I am trying to record gameplay with a roxio game capture pro, which is a external pvr, I need help either setting it up or knowing if I can record with it. Please help?

:)

EpicTicket, Feb 7, 2014
  2. ozadin
    ozadin Guest
    Xbox One will still support external capture devices

The current recording system only records up to 5 or 7 minutes last I checked, but Phil Spencer has confirmed that external capture devices will be compatible with the Xbox One. For anyone that records Youtube videos on the Xbox, that is great news. I'm guessing that people who have capture cards will be using ir more often than the built in recording system since it records a whole lot longer.

Via OXM

ozadin, Feb 7, 2014
  3. Sly Impact
    Sly Impact Guest
    Quick Question about Xbox One

Hello Everyone!

Quick question about Xbox One and recording devices. Will recording devices still function with the new Xbox, devices such as capture modules like Hauppauge HD PVR, Elgato Game Capture and other recording devices that directly connect to the console and
    a PC/Mac.

Thanks

Sly Impact, Feb 7, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee Win User

How do I record 5 minutes of gameplay instead of 30 sec?

You currently can't record more than 30 seconds at a time.

To record more you need an external capture device like Elgato offer but Microsoft is bringing more options over the coming months.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

More time on Game DVR

5 minutes is the longest length you can have using the game dvr.

If you want to record longer videos you would need an external capture device.
  6. sevendead Win User

Battlefield 3 - no option to record in game play as video to hard drive

You can't do it with the PS3 or PC versions either. To record video on 360 or PS3 you need an external capture device, generally hooked up to a computer to record the video output. On PC you can generally get software to record gameplay.

There are a few games that offer gameplay recording (generally in-game data that can then be rendered into a video file), but BF3 isn't one of them.
  7. Booker Catch Win User

recording game play onto idevices

You need an external capture device in order to record your Console. The footage would then be stored on your computer/laptop's HDD.

--

Suggested Devices

HDPVR 2 Gaming Edition

Elgato Game Capture HD

Roxio Game Capture HD
  8. neveryone Win User

How do you record you gameplay

There really is no other way than having an external capture device. It could be a camcorder, camera phone video, or a computer with a video capture card/device. You can not record gameplay on your Xbox. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you
    need something besides an Xbox and your TV.
Thema:

1. Recording with a external device - Similar Threads - Recording external device

2. grabación video y sonido combinación windows+G [Mod Translation-video recording and sound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    grabación video y sonido combinación windows+G [Mod Translation-video recording and sound...: ¿Podrían decirme por qué no soy capaz de hacer una grabación completa (quiero decir de video y sonido)?. La semana pasada lo hice sin problema y desde esta mañana el sistema solo graba la imagen,...
  3. World war Z for xbox /game pass bad game if it records data for anilization

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World war Z for xbox /game pass bad game if it records data for anilization: World war Z for the xbox should be taken down due to it has a permission for Saber interactive to record/store an review player data for internal use. but how do we know its truly safe nowadays?...
  4. Gravação de tela com o windows10 [Translation - Screen recording with windows10]

in XBoX on Windows
    Gravação de tela com o windows10 [Translation - Screen recording with windows10]: Quanto tento grava minha tela pelo xbox game bar, aparece uma mensagem falando "Houve um problema com a gravação em segundo plano. Tente novamente mais tarde", estou com a primeira opção em...
  5. Microphone issue while recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue while recording: Hello, When I start a recording, my microphone is disabled by default and I do not find in the settings an option to activate it by default. Is there a solution? Thanks....
  6. Wont let me record

in XBoX on Windows
    Wont let me record: Hello Xbox, im trying to record but it wont let me and ive tried the code thing but that didn't work but I will tell you this code 2184327190 and its an error, so could you try to fix it even if...
  7. Xbox One X - External HDD for Recording Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X - External HDD for Recording Clips: Hello Guys. I have a question. I have bought External HardDrive, but I need to keep here some of my personal data (just documents). Is it possible to use it as a media HardDrive for recording...
  8. Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded: Need a little help here. When recording game clips to my external drive, none of the mic audio is recorded. The Mic is checked in the Broadcast & Capture settings. Volume level is set higher than...
  9. Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!: Still waiting for Microsoft to further improve the Game DVR features on XBox One X. Most important is to upgrade Upload Studio to edit 4k HDR Game DVR from EXTERNAL HDD, instead of having to...
  10. Recording gameplay AND voice through Xbox One's DVR using external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording gameplay AND voice through Xbox One's DVR using external hard drive: I have set up an external hard drive on the Xbox One itself to capture 1 hour video clips and I was curious how to capture your own mic. I know you can record your mic through a recording on your...