Recover game file data after pressing "reinstall"

Discus and support Recover game file data after pressing "reinstall" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, Yesterday Forza had an update after opening the game. I closed the game during the update. Later the game was completely bugged and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DevanSteyn, Dec 4, 2021.

1. DevanSteyn
    DevanSteyn Guest

Good day,

Yesterday Forza had an update after opening the game. I closed the game during the update. Later the game was completely bugged and I couldn't open the game at all (assuming because I closed during the update). The client forced me to 'reinstall' the game which I assumed would simply repair the game, sadly it did not. It deleted the entirety of the game data?? Is there anyway to recover the games files? It's actually quire ridiculous that that Microsoft would label it as "reinstall" and not "redownload".

:)

DevanSteyn, Dec 4, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

When an in-process update is canceled it removes the game. I'm afraid you have to reinstall the whole game.
  3. DominumStige Win User

I have a damaged game of a game.

Hi!

Unfortunately, some data is corrupt and there is no way to recover them. To correct, you will need to delete the corrupted data manually. Go to "Settings" -> "System" -> "Storage" -> "Memory" -> "Games". Scroll through the list until you see a Yellow exclamation
    point, select it and press "Delete".

It can happen both on local corrupted saved game and on installation files, in this case you will need to reinstall the game.
  4. Barbz Gaming Win User

Xbox thinks app is fully downloaded when it's not

To delete apps on Xbox One Select the location where the game or app is stored. ...

Select the game or app logo, press the Menu button , and then select Uninstall.

To delete saved data, select the saved data file, press the Menu button , and then select Delete saved data. After the app is deleted you can reinstall the app. If all else fails you could always call Xbox support. There phone number is 1-800-469-9269.
  5. Pawel_61 Win User

Gwiezdny klub[Star club]

It didn't help because before removing of the Xbox the old data were saved and after reinstallation, they were recovered. Thus the problem remained. If there is a way of removing Xbox together with the information written in the file then it would help,
    because the system would be forced to take the new data from current achievements. There would not be old information for it would be erased. Maybe it would be sufficient to cancel the file with the information written by Xbox. Then the Xbox after lunching
    would create the new file by itself with the new correct information. There should be a method of finding this file and removing it.

Best wishes,

Pawel
  6. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Can't open Black OPS 3

Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and if that doesn't work try to erase, last choice, all the saved data on the game with the game uninstalled then reinstalled with new save file.
Thema:

1. Recover game file data after pressing "reinstall" - Similar Threads - Recover game file

2. How to recover deleted game data.

in XBoX on Windows
    How to recover deleted game data.: Hey, so I had my xbox account linked to my boyfriends console so when I would go to his house we wod play diablo 3 together. Well we broke up recently because I caught him cheated. To be petty he...
  3. Recovering game data after factory reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recovering game data after factory reset: So I recently had to do a factory reset on my Xbox one to fix a connection problem of course it asked me if I was OK with losing game data and I said yes but I’ve also been told that my game data...
  4. Can not recover purchased game in My Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not recover purchased game in My Library: Hi all, Bought and downloaded RDR2. It worked fine until today. An error message showed up, telling me the game needs to be connected to my account ( it already was, coz I played it for a few...
  5. PC Game Pass - Dragon Quest XI - recover save file?

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game Pass - Dragon Quest XI - recover save file?: I had PC Game Pass from August to November 2020. During that time I played Dragon Quest XI. I cancelled game pass and uninstalled DQXI. Today I re-subscribed to Game Pass. I downloaded DQXI. When...
  6. Can't recover game save

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't recover game save: I played "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice" on Xbox S only once. Now when I start the game, my save is not there. When I stopped playing the first time and returned to the game's main menu, I could...
  7. Is it possible to recover a save game data if you accidently deleted it while playing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to recover a save game data if you accidently deleted it while playing a game?: I was organizing my saves on cyberpunk 2077 and I accidently deleted my recent saves. I was hopeing theres a way to recover it. Pls let me know 895ec66d-17a6-4881-8480-726f806660ca
  8. Recover lost Xbox Game Bar recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover lost Xbox Game Bar recording: Hi, While I was using the Xbox Game Bar to record my screen, I opened up a document and the recording crashed with an error. I believe it was Recording isn't working Error: 2184327175. The...
  9. Recover Disk Space after uninstalling games from Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover Disk Space after uninstalling games from Game Pass: Long back, I installed games in my system to try out something new in these Conorna DAYS! I did not know this would be such a headache to uninstall these games and recover the space. Now, when I...
  10. Is there any way to recover an earlier version of a saved game file that seems to be corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to recover an earlier version of a saved game file that seems to be corrupted?: I have a savegame file of "Mount and blade warbrand" on my xbox that seems to be corrupted, I wonder if there is any way to recover a previous version of it from the cloud. Thank you...