Recovering a Gamertag

Discus and support Recovering a Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I quit playing xbox for awhile and just started playing again and i am on a different xbox and I am wondering if there is any way I can recover my old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PortAcresTexas, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Recovering a Gamertag

I quit playing xbox for awhile and just started playing again and i am on a different xbox and I am wondering if there is any way I can recover my old gamertag?? I know it wouldn't be a problem but I forgot my email address associated with the account but
    I will be able to answer security codes etc...If anyone can, please help. Thanks in advance

:)

PortAcresTexas, Jun 17, 2014
  2. Live Account over 360 and Xbox One

At the moment if you go to a mates house you can recover your gamertag on their 360, then when you get home you need to recover your gamertag back to your console (unless you use a USB Stick).

I am wondering how it will work with the xboxone? As I dont want to keep recovering my Gamertag everytime I move from my 360 to the xbox one and back again. Will it let you have your account on both machines at the sametime?

Cheers in advance.

Cass

weaponx_uk2003, Jun 17, 2014
  3. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Recovering a Gamertag...

This is from a previous answer I gave to a poster earlier, but it applies here:

"The only way to access it however, is to call Support and go thru their account verification process...either via phone or email. I suggest the email, since obviously you have forgotten both the WLID and password of the main, 5-yr old GT. This way
    you can research the answers. Either you will answer the required questions to MS' satisfaction or you won't. In the former, you will be given a link to sent to any email you give them to reset the password and then you will have your main GT back. In the
    latter, they can't do anything for you. The good news is that you can continue to try...some years ago I had an account I was trying to access that I did not know either part and it took me 6 months and some 6 email forms to get it back."

CHAD TPRUITT, Jun 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Recovering a Gamertag

No worries here. Simply contact phone support by clicking the link below and arranging to have them call you back. Once you answer the security questions they'll be able to give you the email address of the gamertag.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Welcome back and happy gaming.

onyxishere, Jun 18, 2014
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

Xbox Live and USB sticks

I have multiple Xbox's in my house, and use a USB stick to move my gamertag between consoles all the time. It works brilliantly.

It's quicker than recovering the gamertag. You can play straight away rather than waiting for it to recover.

It's safer than recovering the gamertag. Your gamertag will always be with you, rather than someone else's Xbox, who thinks it would be "funny" to change your Avatar colour to blue.

It's more reliable than recovering the gamertag. If there is a connection problem when recovering the gamertag, you can corrupt the gamertag.
  6. InvisibleBear87 Win User

Forgotten pass code

Delete the Gamertag from the Xbox 360 Console. Only delete the Gamertag. Recover the Gamertag. You will need the Windows Live ID and Password to Recover that account.
  7. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Recovering gamertag

They will never recycle the gamertag as your using it.

It makes no difference if you use the account or not.
  8. THEOWENKILLER Win User
  9. Mark Sherwood Win User

Recovering Gamertag

Hey there PortAcresTexas :)

If you cant remember the email address and you have no access to the gamertag on a console, then you would need to go through to
    Phone Support. They will ask you some security questions to ensure that you have ownership of the account and once satisfied, they will release the email address to you so that you can go ahead
    and recover your gamertag.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
Thema:

Recovering a Gamertag

1. Recovering a Gamertag - Similar Threads - Recovering Gamertag

2. Recover old Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover old Gamertag: Hello! Is there anyway to recover a very old gamertag that I've lost the login info for? 483681dc-b408-453a-a683-db39baf6a93f
  3. Gamertag trocada, Recuperar antiga [Translate] Exchanged Gamertag, recover old

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag trocada, Recuperar antiga [Translate] Exchanged Gamertag, recover old: Um tempo atras minha gamertag que se chama [removed] sumiu, e no lugar dela o proprio console criou uma com o nome de [removed]. Estou tentando voltar para o [removed] e nao consigo, alguem pode...
  4. Need help recovering a GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help recovering a GamerTag: Hello, I have a problem with my player, I would like to change to put the nickname that I have on all video games. The only problem is that I had already created an account that I can not access...
  5. Gamertag recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag recover: on Aug 30th I decided to play my xbox 1 after about a month or so, and I had to update, afterwards it was like I was starting over, so I had 2 gamertags I only was using 1, but after I went...
  6. Email hacked and doesn't exist anymore can't recover XboxOne Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Email hacked and doesn't exist anymore can't recover XboxOne Gamertag: My nephew has had an email and hasn't been checking into it and changing his password. Today it asked him to sign in and it kept saying that his password was invalid. He contacted me and gave me...
  7. Quiero recuperar mi gamertag[Translation-I want to recover my gamertag]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quiero recuperar mi gamertag[Translation-I want to recover my gamertag]: Hace poco bloquearon mi cuenta de correo outlook y esa cuenta estaba vinculada a mi xbox, ahora no puedo jugar con ese gamertag y no se si ya esta perdido todo mi contenido si es así mi contenido...
  8. Recuperar mi Gamertag: jaimepalas (Mod Translation: Recover my Gamertag: Jaimepalas )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recuperar mi Gamertag: jaimepalas (Mod Translation: Recover my Gamertag: Jaimepalas ): Hola, les pido que me ayuden por favor. Hace unos 5 años aproximadamente di de baja la cuenta de email: (Mod Removed-Personal Info), asociada a mi Gamertag: jaimepalas. El caso esque quiero...
  9. Recuperar cuenta por gamertag (Recover account by Gamertag)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recuperar cuenta por gamertag (Recover account by Gamertag): Hola buenas quería preguntar si es posible recuperar una cuenta mediante el gamertag. Mi gamertag es RelativeWaiF pero no recuerdo el correo que tengo asociado a la cuenta. Ni tengo forma de como...
  10. How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?: Hello there, we got a problem with recovering the email address of our second microsoft account we just use for gaming. We know the gamertag, but we tried and used every method, which the...