Recovering a locked xbox account

Discus and support Recovering a locked xbox account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My friends account is 10 years old and he has trouble remembering his password for his account. His xbox wasnt working right so he hard reset it and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TUBULARFOOL, Jul 29, 2019.

1. TUBULARFOOL
    TUBULARFOOL Guest

My friends account is 10 years old and he has trouble remembering his password for his account. His xbox wasnt working right so he hard reset it and it deleted all the accounts off of his xbox. He has tried recovering it and ended up locking the account
    and 24 hours later it still is locked and wont let him try to recover it. Can anyone please help? He has 10 years worth of xbox progress on there and is freaking out not knowing if he can get his account back. Please help!!

:)

TUBULARFOOL, Jul 29, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey TUBULARFOOL

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that your buddy in running into difficulties with recover his account.

The steps provided above by Xbox Forums Ambassador
    M3tal Daz3
    will be your best bet in order for them to recover their account.

You mentioned that their account was still not unlocked after 24hrs but I would implore you that you continue to wait just a bit longer for the account to be unlocked, as even Xbox Customer Support will be unable to supersede this.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live, you might need to reset it.

• Here's how to do it:
      • Go to
        Recover your account
        and type the email address, phone number, or Skype name that needs a password reset. Then select
        Next.
      • We'll ask where you'd like to get your security code. Choose one of the alternate contact email addresses or phone numbers on this account. Then select Next.
      • Type the missing info to verify that it's really your email address or phone number. Next, select
        Send code.
      • We'll send the security code to the alternate contact you chose. If you don't see it, check your junk folder. If it's not there, you can select
        Use a different verification option.
      • Type the security code into Verify your identity, then select
        Next.
      • Reset the password for your Microsoft account by typing it into
        New password. Then confirm it by typing it again into
        Reenter password.
    • For info on signing in to Xbox Live using your Microsoft account, see

Password and security: Password and sign-in
    • To manage your security info, see Microsoft account security info & security codes.
  4. TUBULARFOOL Win User

The only proof he has on his account is a non existent phone number from high school. His account is also locked so it wont let him even fill out the recovery form because its locked and didnt unlock after 24 hours like it said it would
  5. GronTron Win User

LOCKED - Problem recovering account

6. bradcarey76 Win User

xbox one account help

I added one year gold membership and recently got locked out of my account and can't recover it. I created a new account and have Xbox live but no gold membership. Any suggestions?
Thema:

1. Recovering a locked xbox account - Similar Threads - Recovering locked account

2. How do I recover an old profile, that takes into account I only used it for playing games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover an old profile, that takes into account I only used it for playing games...: Account Recovery Form Problem f724f7d3-25bc-4e50-93d6-523e40fa003b
  3. can you recover auto deleted clips?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you recover auto deleted clips?: hey, so i wanted to make a video with all clips from FIFA 19 the past year, but to my surprise i found out xbox auto deletes clips 20 days+ old, is there anything to do or are they gone? some...
  4. Can I recover lost data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I recover lost data?: I accidentally deleted data off of a game. Is there any way to retrieve it? 72482404-aee1-483b-906a-0b02035dc210
  5. recover an account

in XBoX on Consoles
    recover an account: My son as an account which he cannot log into anymore. We tried the password revovery process through the xbox-one, but the code is being sent to an unknown e-mail account. How can I get a code so...
  6. recover an account

in XBoX on Consoles
    recover an account: Hello, I'm trying to recover one of my accounts, but I do not remember the email address anymore. This account is not on my console. So I have the associated phone number, the backup email address...
  7. I cant recover my account onto my console. Any thoughts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant recover my account onto my console. Any thoughts?: For the past few days, my console has been real slow, and i couldnt sign into my account. So i removed it off my console, power cycled it, and removed the other accounts. When i tried to recover...
  8. recuperar vinculación de fortnite consola xbox one [Translation-recover fortnite xbox one...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    recuperar vinculación de fortnite consola xbox one [Translation-recover fortnite xbox one...: desvincule mi cuenta de fortnite en mi xbox y alguen más la vinculo a su consola. ¿ Cómo hago para recuperarla a mi consola [Translation-unlink my fortnite account in my xbox and someone else...
  9. I can't recover my locked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't recover my locked account: one day i just activate my xbox live gold for 12 months and i just get out like for 20 minutes to walk my dog and i came back and i turnt on my Xbox and i saw sign. That says:"please enter a...
  10. Any way to recover a stolen xbox one or to even just lock it down entirely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any way to recover a stolen xbox one or to even just lock it down entirely: So my xbox one was taken by my ex girl friend an I'm the registered user an account. Any way for me to get it back or lock her or of it.. Please help In advancedan thanks...