Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email

Discus and support Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So back around in like 2008ish I created an Xbox Live account with a fake comcast email (just changed an already exiating email by one letter). One day... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BIG Wojo 68, May 13, 2022.

1. BIG Wojo 68
    BIG Wojo 68 Guest

So back around in like 2008ish I created an Xbox Live account with a fake comcast email (just changed an already exiating email by one letter). One day I was trying to sign in when a message popped up saying you need to verify your emails Credentials. As you can see my question already I can't exactly do that since the email doesn't exist. Is this Live Account lost forever or is there a loop hole i can go through to try and save this old account?

:)

BIG Wojo 68, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, BIG. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Do you have any of the Comcast services to try to create the Comcast email you setup on your Xbox/Microsoft account?

If you are not able to try to create the "fake" Comcast email, when you receive the "you need to verify your emails Credentials", does it show you any other way to try to verify your account without it being by email?

Are you already signed in and have access to this Xbox account on any device to try to add an email to it?
  3. II Mr Jonezy II Win User

Denied access to old gamer tag?

Are you recovering your old account with the correct email and password, because if you are then it would have recovered that account, I advise you to try remember your associated windows live ID with that account and then try to recover it with the correct
    windows live ID, it should recover your account if you are using the correct ID for the account.
  4. XeCuT1oNR Win User

windows live password?

Nothing you can do since the email was fake and no way to recover.
  5. PeteAshby Win User

Please remove the parental thing!

Unless the age of the child account is 18, there is no way to promote the account to an adult. It is really the only thing that can't be changed about your account. Once your age is set, it can't ever be changed. I would suggest, if you don't want to make
    a new account, trying to recover the password for the fake parent account that you created if you don't know it. If you don't know the email for it, it is possible that support (1-800-4-MYXBOX) can assist you in recovering it. But, if all of the info that
    you put into the parent account is fake, then you are going to have a diffucult time recovering anything about the account.

Long story short, there isn't a way to change your age and there isn't a way to promote a child account that isn't already 18 years old. Sorry.

Hope that this helps!!
  6. Miss Portia Win User

recovering old account email

The only way you can recover it is by using the recover feature at live.com or by calling Phone Support: support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email - Similar Threads - Recovering old Live

2. How do I recover my old Xbox Live account username/password???

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my old Xbox Live account username/password???: My desktop dies a few months ago and I had to get a new hard drive. When I installed windows 10, it created a new account and I lost all of my old statistics...How can I recover my old account and...
  3. Trying to recover my old Xbox Live account so I can use it again

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to recover my old Xbox Live account so I can use it again: When I was a young teenager I had an XBox Live account that I used for a number of years on my Xbox 360 to play and buy games, get achievements, etc. I haven't used the account in about 10 years...
  4. Recovering old Xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering old Xbox live account: I've an old Xbox live account dating back to my days on the 360 from waaay back in the day, however the email address it used is now defunct due to the provider getting bought out and absorbed...
  5. Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...: So I recently bought an Xbox 360 just because I wanted to enjoy playing the old games. I signed in with my current account and noticed that I hardly have any achievements and that they're all on...
  6. Recover Old Xbox Live Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Old Xbox Live Gamertag: Hello, I am trying to recover my old Xbox Live Gamertag that I used to use for my old Xbox 360. I just upgraded to an Xbox One and when I signed into my microsoft account, it is showing a...
  7. Recovering an old Xbox Live account without knowing the email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering an old Xbox Live account without knowing the email: I am attempting to recover an old Xbox live profile I made on my 360 about 8 or 9 years ago. The big issue is that when my brother and I made the account so many years ago, we made it with a...
  8. Need help recovering old Xbox live account and email is bugged

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help recovering old Xbox live account and email is bugged: Hi, I need help recovering my old Xbox account as I want to play the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft, and I cannot access my old account, HoodedJeans0453, the account which the game was purchased on...
  9. Can I recover my (old) Xbox Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I recover my (old) Xbox Live account?: Hello. I have an old account wich I deleted (really long time). I still can login in with my Xbox 360, but when I try to change the email associated with the account, it asks me for the account...
  10. Recover Old Live Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover Old Live Account: ive been trying to recover my old xbox live account and I cannot seem to remember my password I know my original xbox live gamertag and I did set up a two step verification process problem is the...