Red Dead Redemption 2 installation stopped

Discus and support Red Dead Redemption 2 installation stopped in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Bought this game more than 6 months ago, and finally found a day where I had the time to try it out, only to find out that it will not install, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SunburnedHansom, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 installation stopped

Hi. Bought this game more than 6 months ago, and finally found a day where I had the time to try it out, only to find out that it will not install, and that this is a known issue with no fix.

Good one. Ive canceled my gamepass, and will take my gaming elsewhere

:)

SunburnedHansom, Oct 25, 2019
  2. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

I checked this for my and my brothers account and that is the result. Looks a little bit strange or? On My Account the Ultimate Edition is listed twice. I think this is not correct and on my brothers account ultimate edition is missing. Pre-Order Bonus is
    correct, because i have it bought and my brother not.

My Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (War Horse)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (Treasure Map)

Brothers Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

3. LarryHorsley Win User

Error code 0x8b050066

trying to download RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, won't install.
  4. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as their home console and any other profile on that console can then play that profiles digital games and use its subscriptions without the profile with the
    ownership of the games and subscriptions being signed in at the same time.
    Good to know, but if i got my own console and this new console to my home console then this did not work anymore on the old console right?

So i set the console to my home console on my account to an now it works - he has all the Content of the game, but i think this is not the solution for the initial Problem, because he bought and installed a seperate copy of the full
    game (Ultimate Edition) and so it should work without my account set to home console so that i share my game data with him.

And that is the real Problem which should be solved. So i checked what is installed on the console under his profile and compared it to my profile:

His installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

My installed game files:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Horse

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre Order Bonus War Treausre Map

So we both have installed exactly the same game files, but if is only logged in, Nothing of the Special and ultimate edtion either the pre order Bonus stuff is loaded and accessible in the game. And that ist no correct. So what's the
    Problem?
  5. trple X blu dot Win User

RdR 2??

[quote user="Jameser78"]

I do know 'Redemption' is Red Dead 2, the first one is called Red Dead Revolver.

[/quote]Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. To say Red Dead Revolver is part 1 and Red Dead Redemption is part 2, is rhetoric. Otherwise it would have been titled Red Dead Revolver 2
  6. R1CH5TER Win User

Rockstar has something next-gen coming by Q1 2015

Thema:

Red Dead Redemption 2 installation stopped

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 installation stopped - Similar Threads - Red Dead Redemption

2. Red dead redemption

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption: Red dead redemption two was available on game pass but apparently it’s not anymore is there anyway I can play the game without actually having to buy it 02fdaf93-55e5-4354-be21-d9e8cff1fe69
  3. Red dead redemption 2 speical contect wont install at all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption 2 speical contect wont install at all: I have uninstall the base game and reinstall it over and over. And I am stump c68b7ffa-a980-4b37-8c10-bcdc322eecc8
  4. Red dead redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption 2: Hi I just downloaded RDR2 off game pass then played it for a bit then the next day it wouldn't launch saying I didnt own the game. I deleted and reinstalled the game but that didnt work it still...
  5. Red Dead Redemption 2 special edition content won’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 special edition content won’t install: As the title says really. I’m reinstalling RDR2. The base game and preorder bonuses are installing fine but the Special Edition Content will not. Selecting it in ready to install and choosing...
  6. Red Dead Redemption 2 Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Keeps Crashing: I haven't had issues with my game until now. The game will load fine until I move John he'll freeze and the game immediately crashes sending me back to the dashboard. I've played other games they...
  7. Red Dead Redemption 2 graphic bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 graphic bugs: Hello all, I have just bought a refurbished Xbox One X this week and started playing games from the GamePass. Unfortunately RDR 2 does not work properly. Somehow I have flashing lights in blue,...
  8. Red Dead Redemption 2 disc glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red Dead Redemption 2 disc glitch: 2 years ago, I bought red dead 2, recently I redownloaded it via disc, once it was done, I opened it up in my game menu and it showed the gamepass icon, but, as I said, it was downloaded via disc....
  9. When joining off of someones profile, it always opens Red Dead Redemption 2.

in XboX Insiders
    When joining off of someones profile, it always opens Red Dead Redemption 2.: This has been happening to my friends and i for a couple/a few weeks now and it's really obnoxious. Whenever we go to eachothers profiles to join the game, it automatically opens RDR2 even if that...
  10. Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound issue on Red Dead Redemption 2: Hi guys, I tried to post this on the rockstar support but their website just do not work for me, it keeps loading without ever showing up anything. Anyway. Since I think around a month, whenever...