redeem code didnt work

Discus and support redeem code didnt work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my son renewed his 12 month xbox live gold and it said you now have 12 months of xbox live and now it says he doesn't have it and he threw the card... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by v3nathan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. v3nathan
    v3nathan Guest

redeem code didnt work

my son renewed his 12 month xbox live gold and it said you now have 12 months of xbox live and now it says he doesn't have it and he threw the card away. is there any way to fix this?

:)

v3nathan, Jan 24, 2014
  2. LIMBO installed today

Oo I didnt even redeem the code, I may give it to a friend

LamaBraveheart, Jan 24, 2014
  3. chocolatwist
    chocolatwist Guest
    my microsoft points redeem code was never used but it didnt work I tried multiple times

chocolatwist, Jan 24, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

redeem code didnt work

He can log in to
    https://commerce.microsoft.com
    to ensure he entered the code on that account.

If it was entered on the website it can take time to populate the account on the console. To speed up the process go to System>Settings>Network and run a Connection Test. This will sign him out. When he signs back in he should show as gold.

However, if the membership was not entered properly or on a different account and the card was thrown out there's not much that can be done.

onyxishere, Jan 24, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Redeemed code didnt work?

Can you see the game listed here, under Xbox One?
    account.xbox.com/MyGames

If it's there, go to My Games & Apps on your Xbox One and check the Ready to Install tab and it should be there. Then simply download it.

If you're on Windows 10 trying to download it, make sure you're signed into the Windows 10 Store and search for the game, then download it from its Store page.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. onyxishere Win User

redeem code didnt work

He can log in to
    https://commerce.microsoft.com
    to ensure he entered the code on that account.

If it was entered on the website it can take time to populate the account on the console. To speed up the process go to System>Settings>Network and run a Connection Test. This will sign him out. When he signs back in he should show as gold.

However, if the membership was not entered properly or on a different account and the card was thrown out there's not much that can be done.
  7. maxen Win User

If it's not listed on that page when you're signed in, then as far as I am aware it's not been credited to your account.

It may be worth speaking with phone/chat support about this to see what happened to the code. If you're in the UK as your Xbox Live bio suggests, Support is open 9am-9pm and you can reach them here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Select either "Chat with Xbox Support" or phone option.
  8. K0cY Win User

Ok sorry for the double post... after an hour of troubleshooting i found the issue!

For anyone who is interested... If you are logged in windows into your ms account... and you are using another account in the xbox app, and you are redeeming the key inside the xbox app, its not going to be bound to your ms acc, but to your xbox account!

if you try to now login to your xbox acc in the ms store its not going to work! You have to instead make sure that your windows is not bound to your ms acc... you can do this in the settings.

Then you remove the ms acc in the system settings of windows. now you can login to your xbox acc in the ms store...

hope it helps another suffering soul ;)
  9. K0cY Win User

no its not listed... but the problem is maybe that i cant login to ms store?

because it says hotmail.com account cant be logged in because it cant be added to the azure ad???
Thema:

redeem code didnt work

1. redeem code didnt work - Similar Threads - redeem code didnt

2. Error Code "OfferNotFound" when trying to redeem "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code "OfferNotFound" when trying to redeem "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC: I’ve bought a new and sealed (physical) copy of Batman Arkham Origins for Xbox 360. It came with many different download codes and unfortunately two of them aren’t working. When I try to redeem...
  3. 2Wire: I bought the gears of war 4 xbox one s bundle and i didnt receive my code to redeem the ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: I bought the gears of war 4 xbox one s bundle and i didnt receive my code to redeem the ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): I bought the gears of war 4 xbox one s bundle and i didnt receive my code to redeem the game. I bought the gears of war 4 xbox one s bundle, and i havent received the code...
  4. Redeemed GOW 4 code and still didnt get GOW collection codes (10.09.16)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeemed GOW 4 code and still didnt get GOW collection codes (10.09.16): hi there. CAn you help me to get my codes. Want to play those game asap )) bdcc5e6c-7de9-4eb9-b769-74802078e3ad
  5. Didnt received Halo Wars Definitive edition redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Didnt received Halo Wars Definitive edition redeem code: I purchased Halo Wars 2 definitive preorder on december 5th and I still havent received the Halo Wars code. b0a04e1c-4989-4567-8dde-c44ea43df90c
  6. Redeemed code didnt work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed code didnt work?: I recently bought forza horizon 3 on amazon. I then redeemed the code inside XBOX on my PC and then there was an error. Now it says the code is used and I can only buy the game new? How can I...
  7. prepaid redeem code didnt do anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    prepaid redeem code didnt do anything.: i just got myself a prepaid month of xbox live and as i redeemed the code on my console nothing happened and i dont have the live and now i cant re type in the code because it says it's already...
  8. i tried to redeem my code but as i select enter code ,didnt give me option to put in my 25 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i tried to redeem my code but as i select enter code ,didnt give me option to put in my 25 ...: i tried to redeem my code but as soon as i select enter code ,it didn't give me the option to put in my 25 character code by hand 2cd0d3c6-0d74-440a-8813-7067c12d8de0
  9. Redeem code via web didnt send to XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem code via web didnt send to XB1: Redeemed a code tonight via xbox.com. it hasnt appeared on my xbox one. What gives? any ideas peeps? d13daf53-d4a1-4309-9ac3-4e0fe9d5c5fe
  10. Xbox Live Gold Redeem Code didnt work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Redeem Code didnt work!: So I typed the redeem code and pressed countinue then i pressed redeem code then it started to load but my xbox gliched and freezed. I waited like 3 min but nothing happened then i turned it off...