Redeemed a code, but got the wrong product

Discus and support Redeemed a code, but got the wrong product in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi, Today I bought a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription from my local electronics store. I redeemed the code on my xbox (like I have been doing for... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Weicester, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Weicester
    Weicester Guest

Hi,

Today I bought a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription from my local electronics store.

I redeemed the code on my xbox (like I have been doing for years and years without problems), but instead of getting a 12-month subscription for Xbox Live Gold, I got a 6-month subscription for Xbox Live Ultimate. The thing is, I don't want Ultimate. I tried
    it out for a while (it was $1,- or something for a few months), but I rarely play the games from the game pass, and I'm just not interested in paying for the extra service. I can't find how to reverse this, and there seems to be no way to contact support or
    anything. Any help in how I can solve this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

:)

Weicester, Aug 27, 2019
  2. JTL1E Win User

I would call the support number and ask them whats going on
  3. Smwutches Win User

If it was fully cancelled, you'd want to contact support to see if there is anything they can do.
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

If it was set to run out at the end of September and you had just turned off auto-renewal then the code you entered would have just been added onto what you still had and converted to Ultimate. When you redeemed the code it would have had a message warning
    you of this before completing the transaction. There would be no way to revert it in that case.
  4. Weicester Win User

All my subscriptions were cancelled. The ultimate game pass as well. It would have ended somewhere around late September. But even if it wasn't cancelled, how am I supposed to know? It's not on the card I purchased, and I didn't get any notice when I redeemed
    the code :s
  5. Smwutches Win User

Had you previously cancelled Ultimate after you tried it out? If you still had the Ultimate subscription running, any prepaid codes you add would be converted to Ultimate as well.
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Hi,

Today I bought a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription from my local electronics store.

I redeemed the code on my xbox (like I have been doing for years and years without problems), but instead of getting a 12-month subscription for Xbox Live Gold, I got a 6-month subscription for Xbox Live Ultimate. The thing is, I don't want Ultimate.
    I tried it out for a while (it was $1,- or something for a few months), but I rarely play the games from the game pass, and I'm just not interested in paying for the extra service. I can't find how to reverse this, and there seems to be no
    way to contact support or anything. Any help in how I can solve this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Weicester
    Are you sure Game Pass Ultimate wasn't active when you redeemed that 12 months of Xbox Live Gold?

If it was active, then all Xbox Live and Game Pass codes will automatically be converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

For example, 12 months of Xbox Live Gold would be converted into 4 months Game Pass Ultimate.

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass

Also, you can request a refund here:

https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

You can also contact Microsoft here:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

If you want to talk with someone, then choose Xbox One for your category, and then click on "see other options."

Pick any topic; for example, "see my purchase history."

After that, click on "show contact options."

From there you should be able to select: "request a call back from Support."
Thema:

1. Redeemed a code, but got the wrong product - Similar Threads - Redeemed code got

2. Redeemed code for 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - only got 2 days

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeemed code for 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - only got 2 days: Hi, I purchased an AMD graphics card which came with code to redeem for 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta). The code worked and I can see it in my Microsoft order history. However, instead...
  3. I got a redeem code from a friend for a 14 day gamepass code

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a redeem code from a friend for a 14 day gamepass code: I redeemed the code via xbox store but when i went to the game pass to use it... my game pass wasnt activated and was forcing me to pay for a sub to join when i do not have a credit card for a...
  4. When redeeming code account got swtiched.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When redeeming code account got swtiched.: I was logged into my main account and when I selected the "redeem" link I'm guessing it redirected over to microsoft and I guess I was logged in under my child's account. So my game was redeemed...
  5. I GOT A CODE BUT MY PC GOT PROBLEM AND NOW ICANT REDEEM IT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I GOT A CODE BUT MY PC GOT PROBLEM AND NOW ICANT REDEEM IT: I JUST GOT THE CODE AFTERI BROKE MY PC AND GO TO SHOP FOR REPAIRING AND NOW I GOT IT BACK..AND TRYTO REDEEM IT I CANT.. cdfdca6b-05f3-4dbb-b2de-c7b8c000dd26
  6. I redeemed 250 gems in the prize vault and got an incomplete code ?!

in XBoX Rewards
    I redeemed 250 gems in the prize vault and got an incomplete code ?!: I spent 250 gems for $5 prepaid visa card and I received the mail with the code - but it was only 14 digits instead of 25, so i couldn't redeem it. This was a day before June 15, when Xbox Live...
  7. Redeemed a so-called promotional code and the money got taken back

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeemed a so-called promotional code and the money got taken back: redeemed a code in January and went into my account to see that it had been taken from my account and I’m not happy with it 2eba8b27-b955-4b7c-9cdd-e6b6959c0018
  8. Cannot redeem my Sea of thieves preorder code that i got within the Xbox Live App.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem my Sea of thieves preorder code that i got within the Xbox Live App.: hi, I got a message within my Xbox Live App on windows 10 with my code for the preorder Package and when i click redeem within the app io get this message: Contact who you got this code from. We...
  9. Contact whomever you got this code from. It can't be redeemed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Contact whomever you got this code from. It can't be redeemed: Hello . Few days ago i gifted a game to my friend (Watch Dogs 2) the game was on promotion of the spring sales , so i buy it for 22£ and yesterday my friend told me that he cant redeem the code...
  10. trying to redeem game gear of war and got error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to redeem game gear of war and got error code: Service-60004 8402b9a8-ae0c-4a04-8f42-ae1f3645090b 2018/02/04 - 15:22:07 UTC c4b5b263-1219-48a9-b969-5a523bcd379a