Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated

Discus and support Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically, my Xbox Live membership soon ends and I wanted to extend it, so I proceeded to gift a card to myself (12 months long). I even redeemed it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chiefmaster7110, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated

So basically, my Xbox Live membership soon ends and I wanted to extend it, so I proceeded to gift a card to myself (12 months long). I even redeemed it on my Xbox but my actual membership still says that I last updated/extended/whatever it x-y years ago,
    ergo it is not the current date thats shown. Altho if I remember right I canceled the yearly subscription because there was some kind of error, hence why I gifted the card to myself, so Im not really sure whether that makes it unable to update itself or whether
    it should still show today as the date it was extended on. Point is, I'm not sure whether I actually have this activated or not, the date makes me think I do not but I really dont know. What makes this problematic is that I did actually buy it, the money
    is gone. What I thought about was that (evidently?) some cards can only be used in the USA, even if I bought it from the original wesbite?

:)

chiefmaster7110, Oct 6, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated

It does say that the gift code is redeemed, but on the console itself it still says the last time it was "extended" was 2 years ago.
    double check to see when the subscription ends.

when I've used a code to extend my Gold/Game Pass/Ultimate Game Pass it hasn't changed the date for when it was last extended as that date is for when a charge was last made against a credit/debit card.

if you redeemed the code and it all went through, all you would see is the expiry/next charge date change to reflect the extended time.
  3. GroundOregano94 Win User

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call
    from support:

· Step 1 ----select Xbox One

· Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes

· Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support
  4. FxdBrokenLight Win User

5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there chiefmaster7110

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get back to gaming on Xbox Live. I can totally understand how this could be a pretty frustrating/confusing situation to deal with. I suggest

removing your profile and re-adding it
    if it's still hasn't updated.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Much thanks!
  6. chiefmaster7110 Win User

Hey,

Thanks for the response. No, I can't see it there. Xbox Live is listed under canceled subscriptions, however I did redeem the code itself on my machine and it did say I was good to go, so I believe I actually redeemed it. Although it doesnt appear under
    subscriptions, neither online or on my xbox, which is the weird part of this.
Thema:

1. Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated - Similar Threads - Redeemed Live Gold

2. Xbox Live Gold - code redeeming failed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold - code redeeming failed: Hi, there! I am having an issue with redeeming Xbox Live Gold code for 14 days, which came togather with brand new Xbox One X I have bought recently. The problem is that Xbox refuses to accept...
  3. Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold game for Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Xbox Live Gold game for Xbox 360: Hello, I have a valid Xbox Live Gold Ultimate subscription. I can redeem my free Gold games for Xbox One with no problem. But when I try to redeem Tekken Tag T. 2 (free game for Xbox 360):...
  4. Impossible to redeem game "Xbox live gold" in marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to redeem game "Xbox live gold" in marketplace: Hi, when I try to redeem a game from marketplace because it's part of promotion"Xbox live gold", after the confirmation page with the payment method, I enter in a page that has the loading image...
  5. Bought 2 years of Xbox Live Gold from Nokeys.com and both say they have been redeemed already

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought 2 years of Xbox Live Gold from Nokeys.com and both say they have been redeemed already: So contacted support and they are saying I must have sold them or redeemed them already.... Am so angry right now!!! They say they need a screenshot of when its redeemed But Xbox chat is not...
  6. redeem xbox live gold 14 day free trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    redeem xbox live gold 14 day free trial: Why just bought a new xbox and I got a free 14 day trial for Xbox Live Gold with it. However when I try to redeem it it says I need to be signed in, which I am. Does anybody have any answers?...
  7. Redeem a pre-paid 12 months Live Gold code with Game Pass Ultimate signed

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeem a pre-paid 12 months Live Gold code with Game Pass Ultimate signed: Hi, everyone. Dumb question, but i wanna understood it before do some mess: I'm signed a month of GP Ultimate for $1 almost a month ago when they announce it on E3. It merged my 2 remaining...
  8. Xbox live gold 3 month redeem code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold 3 month redeem code: When i enter the card code, it says something went wrong on our end, trying in a bit may help. Then it says enter the code again or contact the vendor. I bought 2 cards and they both say the same...
  9. Problems redeeming free Xbox Live Gold promotional code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems redeeming free Xbox Live Gold promotional code: Hi, last August I purchased a 3 months XboX Live Gold code and I obtained one more for free. This June I redeemed the first code but when I was attempting to redeem the free code, de system said:...
  10. how to refund xbox live gold subscription (redeem code)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    how to refund xbox live gold subscription (redeem code): Hello, i have an acount with 2 month of xbox live gold, i buy a redeem code of 12 month xbox live gold but accidently i put it on another account, there is a tips to contact xbox support to cancel...