redeemed game code that says it only works for series x/s, not on my xbox one

Discus and support redeemed game code that says it only works for series x/s, not on my xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a digital code this morning for Madden NFL 21 that is supposed to work for series x/s or xbox one. I redeemed the code in the browser on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OtherWhiteMatt, Nov 26, 2020.

1. redeemed game code that says it only works for series x/s, not on my xbox one

I just bought a digital code this morning for Madden NFL 21 that is supposed to work for series x/s or xbox one. I redeemed the code in the browser on my computer, but when I went to install the game on my xbox one I got an error message that the game was
    only compatible with series x/s.

How do I fix this?

Solution - edit

I contacted support, and they directed me to go to the Store app on the xbox, search for Madden NFL 21 and install the xbox one version from there. That's the solution to this problem in case someone else has this issue.

:)

OtherWhiteMatt, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

gta 5

Hi,

All Xbox One games (with the exception of Kinect titles) will work on Xbox Series X/S.

So yes, GTA V will work on Series X.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

New xbox

The Xbox Series S/X has 3 USB ports, just like the Xbox One. From the sound of it, you have the Xbox 360 S. If that is the case, the 2tb drive you own will work, only if the drive is a USB 3.0/3.1 drive. Please note, the only games that will work on the
    drive will be 0g Xbox games. Xbox 360 games & Xbox One games. Any series S/X games will have to be stored on the consoles own storage, which includes the consoles external SSD.
  6. OldManScud Win User

question about Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Hi JennyHay,

Yes! It is tied to your MS account you use to sign into your xbox, so it will work on any Xbox One, One S|X, Series S|X you sign in on as well as Windows 10 with the Xbox app (some games are only on console, but still tons of PC games as well). So as long
    as you redeem it using the proper MS account you want it tied to, you should be good to go!
Thema:

redeemed game code that says it only works for series x/s, not on my xbox one

1. redeemed game code that says it only works for series x/s, not on my xbox one - Similar Threads - redeemed game code

2. Unable to redeem Game Pass Ultimate Code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to redeem Game Pass Ultimate Code: Hi Everyone. So i received a code from Xbox Ambassador program for XGPU. However i am unable to redeem it as unlike in 2020 im now not given a option upon entering the code to "turn off Recurring...
  3. FIFA 21 doesnt appear in "my games" list on XBOX ONE after code redeemed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA 21 doesnt appear in "my games" list on XBOX ONE after code redeemed: Hello, I have bought this game today through Amazon and got a code for XBOX ONE. I used my PC to redeem the code. Then, I went to my XBOX ONE with the same email I used to redeem the code, to...
  4. How to know the date when a Code for a Game was redeemed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to know the date when a Code for a Game was redeemed: Hi everyone. I purchase a Code for a Game, and I need to know the date and the hour this Code was redeemed. I don't know how to get this información. If anyone know It please tell me how to do It...
  5. I redeemed a code for call of duty Cold War and I looked at my games and apps and it wasn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a code for call of duty Cold War and I looked at my games and apps and it wasn’t...: I BOUGHT CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR AS A DIGITAL CODE AND I LOOKED AT MY GAMES AND IT WASNT THERE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 53c1e0e9-6c4e-4b2a-b8da-023cbc237b41
  6. Unable to redeem code for Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to redeem code for Xbox 360 game: I am trying to redeem a code for an Xbox 360 backwards-compatible title, but it says "Try that again, Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help" every time I attempt to redeem the...
  7. Can't change country while redeeming xbox game pass code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change country while redeeming xbox game pass code?: So, I've recently received a discord nitro gift and saw that they were giving away xbox game pass codes. Once I went to Microsoft Redeem, it told me that "It'll be added to [my gmail] (United...
  8. Unable to redeem code for game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to redeem code for game pass ultimate: Hi I'm unable to redeem my son game pass ultimate three months free on his samsung S20 fe we have had the game pass on his console but it rang out yesterday we are trying to put it on his phone...
  9. Is there a way of redeeming an Xbox Ultimate Game Pass code without having to use a credit...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way of redeeming an Xbox Ultimate Game Pass code without having to use a credit...: Is there a way to redeem an Xbox Ultimate code without using a credit card? My parents won't let me use their credit card on my account and I don't have one so I have no way of redeeming this...
  10. Redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 month code but not showing on account

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 month code but not showing on account: Hi I redeemed a code on my account for 3 months ultimate, it shows in my recent purchases but it still shows that my subscription has expired under my account. Please help!...