Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

Discus and support Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I redeemed Microsoft points for a 5 dollar Xbox gift card, now im having trouble using it to buy a game in the store. It seems that the gift card has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cam1380, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Cam1380
    Cam1380 Guest

Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

I redeemed Microsoft points for a 5 dollar Xbox gift card, now im having trouble using it to buy a game in the store. It seems that the gift card has been converted to Microsoft miscellaneous credit. Any help would be great

:)

Cam1380, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Cam1380 Win User

Thanks Brad,

I'm trying to buy NBA JAM from my XBOX 1, when I change payment options it says Microsoft account balances cannot be used in this purchase channel.
  3. {Parity} Win User

If it is not giving you the option to use that as a payment method you can try contacting
    Xbox Support to see if they can provide and assistance.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Cam,

Unfortunately, that is a backward compatible title in order to use the currency you would need to be on an Xbox 360. They don't allow the use of currency for these purchases, not sure why.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Cam,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. When you buy a gift card it adds that amount as Microsoft/Xbox currency. You can use this towards DLC and games. The only games you are unable to purchase with this is backward compatible games if on an Xbox
    one. When you go to make the purchase are you selecting change and see if the currency shows? What are you trying to buy also?

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Cam1380 Win User

ok thanks for your help ill just dust off the old 360
Thema:

1. Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games. - Similar Threads - Redemmed Microsoft rewards

2. Xbox Minecraft Redem Code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Minecraft Redem Code: I received the code on the Minecraft Expoler Edition from CDKeys, which was supposed to include Minecraft and an add-on, I can not install the game....
  3. i redemmed a xbox live with reward points and unable to receive redemption code

in XBoX Rewards
    i redemmed a xbox live with reward points and unable to receive redemption code: i have points and didnt get code 1ff11863-456a-4be3-bd2c-f0dc4496f2c4
  4. Code redemed

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code redemed: In trying to redeem the code of the Halo Pack I was shown a message that said in red letters something about an error that occurred and had documented it and that I would try to redeem it later....
  5. Redemed code doesnt appear to download nor starts downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemed code doesnt appear to download nor starts downloading: Hey I redemed a game through browser and it did work. Although this went went, the Xbox 360 when started doesn't download the game nor does have the option to do so. The only way I have to see...
  6. microsoft points redemed online now not showing on xbox cant purchase anything?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft points redemed online now not showing on xbox cant purchase anything?: redeemed 25 nz doller card online and it shows the account balance there but when i try to purchase anything on xbox 360 it says i have 64 cents which is what was left from a previous points card...
  7. xbox digital code via redemming points problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox digital code via redemming points problem: i am earning point but not getting the $5 digital cards i opt for ...this has happened 3 x now..... i tried calling microsoft but they referred me to the forums? why? HELP aren't i meant to get...
  8. Can't redem gold top up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't redem gold top up: Error code 80151012 I brought my console in UK brought new hard drive and moved to Cyprus now goes on line but won't accept top up help please 0634f207-df25-43e5-93c6-74a6e626c6c1
  9. Error Redeming Xbox Live Gold for 12 Months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Redeming Xbox Live Gold for 12 Months: I'm trying to redeem my 12 month Xbox Live Gold Membership, but it keeps giving me an error. The code is valid because it brings me to the are you sure you want to redeem stage, but it brings me...
  10. Error Code when redeming prepard 3 month card from Amazon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code when redeming prepard 3 month card from Amazon: Everytime I try to redeem my 6 month Gold prepard subscription I keep getting this error code XBOS-3013 fea454f0-aad7-4c97-bd86-fa8395292f34 2017/11/21 - 18:25:30 UTC I have been trying for a...