Redesigining a game series-Your Opinions

Discus and support Redesigining a game series-Your Opinions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there! This discussion is intended to know about your thoughts on redesigning a game's play style ,Narration,sequences,UI etc. Specifically for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by REN AERO, Dec 3, 2019.

1. REN AERO
    REN AERO Guest

Hi there!

This discussion is intended to know about your thoughts on redesigning a game's play style ,Narration,sequences,UI etc.

Specifically for series games like AC,Diablo,COD,BF,GOW,Halo etc....................

A few game developers have taken this approach in recent times.

1.Do you think it is good to redesign a game series with each iteration.

2.Which game do you think turned this to its advantage.

3.Which game would you like to redesign their game in their next iteration.

My Opinion:

1.Yes it does.Gives a fresh appeal and breaks the monotonous play style of it predecessors.

2.Assassins Creed Origins-UBISOFT

3.Gears of War.

Awaiting yours.

Happy Gaming.

:)

REN AERO, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Hisket Win User

I think we need to strive to more single player games, without online functionality. There seems to be a lot of recycled genres that capitalize on the multiplayer aspect of a game. Single player seems to be dwindling down in terms of hours. I'm all for co-op
    aspects but having a game primarily single player is the way to go.

Dark souls 3 nailed this concept with its drop-in, drop-out co-op. Where if the game is too difficult, you can get help to progress. Primarily that game is a single player experience. Pvp in there is just a bonus.
  3. Ambassador Kingz Win User

A lot of fun takes on this. I think it can be to a company's advantage but there are examples of it failing spectacularly too. One that I has done it right would be the Final Fantasy Series. From classic turn based combat to action based in game today,
    we've seen a lot of changes throughout the many years of Final Fantasy all the while still staying true to its roots in a fantasy world. I think Call of Duty games are in need of a heavy redesign before I'd consider coming back to them.
  4. luissolid Win User

I will like to see a Too Human game made by Ninja Theory! Imagine that...

The art, gamplay, mechanics.
  5. DI3Beezy Win User

1. Sometimes. I think in a way, games need to keep with the times. I don't know about throwing in too many features (Dragon Age series), but they need to update things and not be clones of their previous games (Ghost Recon Breakpoint, ANY 2K game). So my answer
      would be that there's a fine line to walk to appease new players and old players.
    2. Mass Effect (the original trilogy) absolutely got better with every version until Andromeda.
    3. Rainbow Six. There was a time when Ubisoft didn't plow their games with microtransaction. I would love for the series to return to what made it great (the Vegas series). It had a good campaign, fleshed out co-op and terrorist hunt, and competitive multiplayer.
      I loved the original Rainbow Six with the careful planning and tactics. Siege is okay, but it lacks a lot of the content that made the series a powerhouse.
  6. annix Win User

I would redesign the whole Mass Effect series, to have like, at least quadruple the amount of games. Good god I miss my femshep.
Thema:

1. Redesigining a game series-Your Opinions - Similar Threads - Redesigining game series

2. Can't connect to live while playing a backwards compatible game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to live while playing a backwards compatible game.: I am unable to connect to Xbox Live while playing backwards compatible games, and am there for unable to access my cloud storage for saves. Everything on the Xbox One side of things works...
  3. Sharing game pass on 2 Xbox’s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing game pass on 2 Xbox’s: Simple question: Can xbox game pass ultimate be shared with an account family member on a separate console? we have 2 xbox ones. One for me, one for the kid. Mine is the home console. His...
  4. I had purchased Zoo Tycoon 2 in 2011 and now there is no place to download the purchased game

in XBoX on Windows
    I had purchased Zoo Tycoon 2 in 2011 and now there is no place to download the purchased game: I have purchased Zoo Tycoon 2 which gave me the access to download it to my pc to play, however now in 2019 when I am trying to find the downloadable installer from Microsoft, it is not giving me...
  5. Discord nitro/game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Discord nitro/game pass ultimate: Well, i bought Xbox game pass ultimate on 15 November and still didn't get discord nitro for 3 months. I don't own Xbox one/360. Im on Pc. I didn't get any email. i asked on online support about...
  6. Game download speed problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Game download speed problem: Game download speed problem Hey there Demon Hunter RU, Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your games to download as expected. I can definitely see how slow...
  7. Game Pass Games Not Launching/Freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Games Not Launching/Freezing: Anyone have any ideas on why some of my Game Pass games are not launching or are freezing and crashing. Outer Worlds won't launch and crashes on the 2nd title screen, and Remnant freezes and...
  8. This game might not be playable

in XBoX on Consoles
    This game might not be playable: Hello, all. I'm encountering an error when I try to play The Witcher 2 on Xbox One. Every time I load the game, I get a message saying "This game might not be playable yet". I have searched the...
  9. By 2020, Korea Xbox Gamer want to see Korea's 'Xbox Live Gold' free game improve.

in XboX Insiders
    By 2020, Korea Xbox Gamer want to see Korea's 'Xbox Live Gold' free game improve.: Hi. I am a Korean XBOXONE gamer. and KoreaXBOXMVP, XboxMVP https://mvp.xbox.com/profile/36961 In 2019, we enjoyed the game that Microsoft provided to our 'Xbox Live Gold' users. Thank you....
  10. Game Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Crashing: Hi, Ive just bought forza horizon 4 on pc, played a couple of hours but now every time i load the game it will crash at random times within about 5 mins of loading it up. I have been on the...