Rediscover games on Xbox beta app after reinstalling windows

Discus and support Rediscover games on Xbox beta app after reinstalling windows in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all. After a hardware upgrade I had to reinstall windows to fix some audio problems that happened from the upgrade. I have reinstalled most of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by STEV1E91, Mar 22, 2020.

1. STEV1E91
    STEV1E91 Guest

Hi all.

After a hardware upgrade I had to reinstall windows to fix some audio problems that happened from the upgrade.

I have reinstalled most of my apps and softwares without much issue, however I'm having issues with xbox beta.

Firstly, I cannot choose my normal drive as my default game installer as the xbox games from the previous instance of windows remain there. (I'm getting "this location isnt set up for installing games" then after following advice to make it so, it asks "This
    drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you wish to continue" selecting yes gives me an error, and no obviously does nothing.

Secondly, I cannot access that folder and figure out if it is possible to rediscover games already present, as I would really like to keep my saves if possible (I had some serious progress on metro exodus on ranger hardcore difficulty with a good ending run).

Can I get access to this existing folder and can I then rediscover games I have already downloaded?

:)

STEV1E91, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Wilfred Mac Win User

Xbox Insider Hub: Cannot opt out of Minecraft Beta for Windows 10

Hi LeafLegends07,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your account is stuck in a Beta version. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app from your Windows 10. After you op out from the Xbox Insider
    program you need to sign out your account from the Xbox app and then uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

1. Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game as well.

Kindly update us with the results.
  3. asenath7766 Win User

Xbox Insider Hub: Cannot opt out of Minecraft Beta for Windows 10

Hi LeafLegends07,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your account is stuck in a Beta version. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app from your Windows 10. After you op out from the Xbox Insider
    program you need to sign out your account from the Xbox app and then uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

1. Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game as well.

Kindly update us with the results.
    Hi, thank you for your reply. To clarify, should I uninstall/reinstall only Xbox Insider Hub? Not Xbox Live App? Also, do I uninstall/reinstall Minecraft Windows 10?
  4. Les_Lewis Win User

XBox One App Does not open

I used the version that was on the computer after the Nov update of Windows 10. I checked for additional updates but none were found. I then removed the Xbox One app and downloaded and installed the beta app. It had the same problem, so I uninstalled it
    and reinstalled the original app. I can't tell you the version because I can't get that far into the app to check.

I will reinstall the beta version and report the problem there.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

HOW TO UNINSTALL THE GAME (dont installed in the background😢 )

If none of the suggestions work, then try uninstalling the Xbox (beta) app, then uninstall Gears 5. After that reinstall Xbox (beta) app. That should hopefully fix the issue.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sunset Overdrive stuck in menu

Sorry to hear it. Try launching it from the Start menu. If that does not work then delete the game again and reinstall it from the Windows Store App instead of the Beta app
Thema:

1. Rediscover games on Xbox beta app after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Rediscover games beta

2. Game audio too quiet, chat audio too loud.

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio too quiet, chat audio too loud.: I have the chat mixer turned most of the way to the game sound side but it's still really quiet compared to the party audio. Any ideas? submitted by /u/leoz18 [link] [comments]
  3. xbox 360 game code to pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 game code to pc: HI i have an xbox 360 game code . can i redeem it for pc ? how to do it ? aecd2390-6bc0-4805-a66e-b05dd26e0b0a
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC: When I look up what games are available on PC, halo master chief collection pops up. But when I go to the app it says console only. **** is the deal? Steam has it already so why isnt this...
  5. Ori and the Blind Forest: DE Xbox game pass saved file to steam

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori and the Blind Forest: DE Xbox game pass saved file to steam: So I'm a user of Xbox Game Pass and I play Ori and the Blind Forest: DE I bought the game on steam cause I prefer to get my games in one launcher and I want to play from the last saved that I've...
  6. Call of Duty Modem Warfare crashes no matter what type of game I choose.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modem Warfare crashes no matter what type of game I choose.: I am not able to play Call of Duty Modem Warfare on my Xbox One X. I have tried everything from deleting game save data to restoring Xbox One X to original state. I purchased the full game in...
  7. Concerned regarding my saved games and Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Concerned regarding my saved games and Profile: Ive Recently purchased a new console and im redownloading my 2 games onto it. I was curious to know if my history from my games will automatically pop back up once I reopen the games. Basically...
  8. Unable to install games that require admin privileges on xbox application

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install games that require admin privileges on xbox application: I have admin privileges on my account. However, whenever I try to install a game from the xbox application that requires admin permissions, it fails and shows the error 0x80070057...
  9. Xbox game bar won´t show up when I press the Xbox button on the xbox one controller.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar won´t show up when I press the Xbox button on the xbox one controller.: Hello. So I was trying to use the Xbox home button on the controller to open up the game bar.However, it wouldn´t show up, unless I pressed the Windows key+G. It worked fine before, but now it...
  10. Error 80048821 Games for Windows Market Place

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 80048821 Games for Windows Market Place: I bought Resident Evil 5 but i cant save the game because i keep getting error 80048821 when trying to sign in. I can sign in on microsoft.com but not on games for windows market place. Any help...