Redownloading owned games on used xbox

Discus and support Redownloading owned games on used xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother bough a game (CoD) in my old XBOX One (XO) on his account. My new XBOX One X (XX) stopped working so I want to use my old XBOX One now that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DanJav, Jul 1, 2020.

1. DanJav
    DanJav Guest

My brother bough a game (CoD) in my old XBOX One (XO) on his account. My new XBOX One X (XX) stopped working so I want to use my old XBOX One now that he bought a new XBOX One S (XS).

Can we both use it seamlessly since we both own separate digital copies of the game even if the game in my old XO was originally bought and downloaded by him. He will download the game on his new XS as soon as he gets it. All games are digital though not
    sure if I have to delete the game he downloaded and re download the game from my account. Want to avoid the long wait times since we both own it.

:)

DanJav, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

Yeah, you'll be fine. You can either ask your brother to designate the XO as his home console, or your can sign in to the XO with your own account. If you have a license for the game it'll work.

- Jason
  3. Tenjoseslash Win User

yes sure, it shouldn't be any problem, if the game is install in a console, and you use a profile that has the rights to play the game there is no problem, think of it has if every account has a key for the game people buy using those accounts
  4. AridLizard Win User

if it is a digital game you can share it by using the My Home Xbox feature

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

if you set your brother's Xbox as your Home and he sets your Xbox as his Home you will be able to play each other's games and only 1 of you will need to get Live Gold and/or Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate for both of you to have the benefits of those subscriptions
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Game disappeared

6. LOWxONxHealth Win User

Xbox one Live Rewards lost

Any games you own you are able to redownload through your account purchase history.Try redownloading the licenses for your games using the license transfer method.Then redownload your games and you should be ok.Look in the support section of the forums
    if you dont know how to do a license transfer.
Thema:

1. Redownloading owned games on used xbox - Similar Threads - Redownloading owned games

2. Halo: MCC on XBOX Game Pass is unable to open, needs to "repair" and has to be redownloaded...

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo: MCC on XBOX Game Pass is unable to open, needs to "repair" and has to be redownloaded...: I've been playing Halo: MCC since December 2019, and recently it has started to somehow become "offline", not as the result of any update, and then I need to completely redownload and install the...
  3. Redownloading advanced warfare season pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redownloading advanced warfare season pass: I bought the season pass when Advanced Warfare first came out. I had been using it up until a few months ago when my boyfriend accidentally deleted the game from my Xbox. I just reinstalled it and...
  4. Wrong Credentials when trying to redownload my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong Credentials when trying to redownload my profile.: Hey all, ive had this problem for awhile now. I went to sign into my account like every other day and i couldnt connect to xbox live, so i tried the normal things like resetting my router and it...
  5. Why does minecraft redownload as the beta

in XboX Insiders
    Why does minecraft redownload as the beta: I've used this app before on my xbox one s, and after I'm done looking through the minecraft beta I follow the instructions, but the only way to have minecraft redownload normally is to completely...
  6. Minecraft Xbox 360 edition, can't redownload

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox 360 edition, can't redownload: I bought Minecraft xbox 360 edition a 5 or 6 years ago and my brother unninstalled it, when I try to redownload Minecraft it tells me to pay and I already bought it. I need help....
  7. Xbox 360 can't redownload games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 can't redownload games: A couple of years ago, i downloaded skate 3 on my xbox one. Now i want it on my xbox 360 and am having trouble. It appears in my download and purchase history but not in my games. I try to...
  8. Ark deleted itself and redownloaded, Bleeding Edge won't stay uninstalled

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark deleted itself and redownloaded, Bleeding Edge won't stay uninstalled: Hi, having problems with the Xbox Game Pass for PC. I downloaded Ark last night but it was too late to check if it had installed correctly (the first time I downloaded it wouldn't let me connect...
  9. cant redownload Xbox identity provider

in XBoX on Windows
    cant redownload Xbox identity provider: In an attempt to make Xbox live work for my computer again I followed some advice from the internet to first reset the Xbox live app so I did that and that messed it up more then another person...
  10. Can't redownload a game I previously owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redownload a game I previously owned: Hi downloaded xenoverse 2 off Xbox gold 6 months back I want to redownload but it says I have to pay for it now I thought I owned the game once ive downloaded it to my console any other game I've...