Refund Denied

Discus and support Refund Denied in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased ARK: Genesis Season Pass from the Microsoft store for my son, however, when I did so I purchased it under my account instead of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aye Jay 71, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Aye Jay 71
    Aye Jay 71 Guest

Refund Denied

I recently purchased ARK: Genesis Season Pass from the Microsoft store for my son, however, when I did so I purchased it under my account instead of gifting it to his account as he does not have my credit card details
    linked for obvious reasons. I then realized and made a request to have it refunded which was completed. I then repurchased the game exactly as I did the first time and now, somehow, it has come through as the Desktop version of the
    game and not the X-Box version. Here is where I am disgusted at the service I have received.

I put in a refund request under Service Request #: [mod removed] which was promptly declined with no reason given. I then called the Microsoft helpline under Service Request #: [mod removed] and am completely disgusted with the treatment received.
    I have screen shots of my details as I am being told I purchased the game through a 3rd party website and insinuated that I was trying to defraud Microsoft in my attempt to get a refund.

The fact on my Microsoft account screen I can see the purchase (told that this will show up even if I buy it elsewhere), the fact the Transaction ID that Microsoft assign apparently is invalid and cannot be found and the fact that my Invoice Number
    from PayPal cannot be looked up is mind boggling to say the least.

All I want is a refund on the Desktop Version and then I will repurchase as the X-Box version seems to be lost on anyone I spoke to. I can clearly see that Microsoft took the money from my PayPal account, yet the claims are that it never happened therefore
    I cannot get a refund.

Where to from here?

:)

Aye Jay 71, Sep 1, 2019
  2. MakaylaLewis Win User

refund denied?????

Their new system is a joke and a waste of time. I easily received a digital refund after my son made an accidental purchase last year... that was when you could actually talk to a person. During that conversation I asked them to remove my debit card from
    his account... Since then I have had them automatically renew his gold membership without me approving it, I have had 2 more "accidental" charges from his friends on his xbox (the latest being $110 on VBucks) which caused me numerous over withdrawal fees!
    I have resubmitted my request numerous times and have yet to receive a reason why they are denying it. I have managed to keep my son and his friends from spending the Vbucks as well and the purchase before that was a digital game that we still have yet to
    download and that happened in February. I have tried calling and they tell you to use the form.. I have tried the online chat... even that is automated and only brings me to the form or to this forum. My last attempt was when I responded to all of my refund
    request emails and still haven't received a response. My last resort... File with the better business bureau or take to social media. I didn't agree to these charges and I requested my card be taken off of his account over a year ago!!!!! Why do I have to
    suffer because that didn't happen?! Not only that but not even be able to get a single response. I am a single mom with two sons, one of which is special needs. I don't have the time or the money to continue threw this and I have always been a loyal customer.
    Always upgrading systems buying xbox cards for my son to redeem. Even I play and download games on it. After the second accidental purchase and 3 hours on hold with customer service who just told me to use the online form which kept bringing me in circles
    and never actually let me submit one (they must have just launched it then) I gave up. $40 of hard earned money and never downloaded the game.. I went online and this time removed my debit card myself.... So how does this keep happening?!! After suffering
    not just 1 BUT 5 OWD FEES AT $36 A PIECE I am still trying to catch back up. I am out over $200 due to this accidental purchase that I still have not let me son spend because I hope that one day I might actually be able to get back $100 of that money in the
    form of a refund from XBOX because my card shouldn't have been on there in the first place and I DID"T MAKE THE PURCHACE AND IT IS STILL JUST SITTING ON HIS ACCOUNT!!! Maybe you should care a little more about your customers.... maybe if they put some much
    time and effort into that refund then they actually need it or deserve it or at least a REAL person to give them an explanation!! I thought you were an excellent company a year ago and was very satisfied even after sitting on hold for hours.... Now I am switching
    to PLAYSTATION!!! just because my hate for you is that strong! :) HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  3. MikePARKISON JR Win User

refund denied?????

I was not aware this.thank you.
  4. Klappstuhl83 Win User

refund denied?????

I would call the xbox support.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Refund denied.

A couple of days ago I got a 50$ from my dad. My step sister grew jealous. Once I had left to go take a nap. I forgot to sign out of my account. so my step sister bought things that I don't even need. I tried to refund it, only a couple of order
    refunds worked. But when I tried to refund to last things. They both said "Request Denied." So I really need my money back because I am not happy right now. And I tried everything I could with the whole accidental purchase and contact a gamer expert and what
    not. But it keeps leading me back to the problem I'm trying to fix. Basically putting me in circles. So I really do need for Xbox to let me refund my stuff. Please!
    All you can do is reply back to the denial email.

Not all purchases are eligible for refunds though. For example in game currency isnt refundable so if the last purchases involved in game currency or other consumable items then that would be why the refund got denied.

A refund can also be denied if you have had too many refund requests approved already.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Refund Denied

Hi Aye Jay,

Welcome to the forums, sorry you're going through this experience.

There is a process in getting a refund. Here is the link for Request a Refund

Ark: survival evolved is however a play anywhere title, if you received the Desktop version (MS not steam), then you will be able to load the game onto the same account on Xbox as well.

This actually makes you able to load it to both, the PC and the Xbox at the same time, under the same account name.
Thema:

Refund Denied

1. Refund Denied - Similar Threads - Refund Denied

2. Denied refund without explanation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Denied refund without explanation: I was trying to refund a game that I accidentally purchased and I was denied with no email explaining anything. 614be24e-efef-438d-823a-e765e9071710
  3. My refunds got denied for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    My refunds got denied for no reason: So I made a refund request last night for two games I didn't bought but it was denied as a "Bulk Refund" I dont know why it maxed me out on refunds even though I made like five I want my money...
  4. Refund denied

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund denied: [img] i bought some vbucks and had to refund them because i bought the wrong item and had to refund and it said that it was denied [Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]...
  5. Refund denied for a game that does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund denied for a game that does not work: On the 31st May 2020, I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate. I have gamepass and Forza Horizon4 Standard Edition installed on my PC and bought Forza Horizon Ultimate through the Microsoft Store to...
  6. Refund request denied erroneously and closed - how can I reopen the case?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund request denied erroneously and closed - how can I reopen the case?: While using my Xbox One console, I accidentally purchased the PC version of a game instead of the Xbox version. After troubleshooting for a couple of hours I finally realized what had happened and...
  7. Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever: So I bought Mafia Trilogy on the day of release, then found out that because I owned the deluxe version of Mafia 3, I should actually have made the purchase in-game though the Mafia 3 options menu...
  8. My refunds have been denied

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My refunds have been denied: So I tried to refund a add on in fortnite "vbucks" And it got denied I seem to have not had the passion to play and had racked up high bill for the game and I tried contacting you guys through...
  9. Refund Request Denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Request Denied: I bought a game by accident a few days ago, since i didnt know there was a possibility to refund a played for about 50m - 1h after playing i got so mad because i really didnt like the game. I...
  10. Refund denied.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund denied.: A couple of days ago I got a 50$ from my dad. My step sister grew jealous. Once I had left to go take a nap. I forgot to sign out of my account. so my step sister bought things that I don't even...