Refund Gifted Game

Discus and support Refund Gifted Game in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Good evening, a few minutes ago i tried to gift a game Jedi Fallen Order, unfortunately I didn't read the bit where it said cross region codes didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DarkAllNight, Jan 12, 2020.

1. DarkAllNight
    DarkAllNight Guest

Refund Gifted Game

Good evening, a few minutes ago i tried to gift a game Jedi Fallen Order, unfortunately I didn't read the bit where it said cross region codes didn't work. He tried but due to living in a different country the code didn't work, I saw that I could ask for
    a refund of the game since the code is basically unusable, but I didn't find such option in my order history. Any way someone can help?

:)

DarkAllNight, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

refunding gifted games

3. WPAK Win User

He comprado un juego para descargar, pero creo que lo he comprado para descargar en mi dispositivo y no como regalo, que era la intención, no sé como cambiar el juego para que sea un regalo

Web translation:

I bought a game to download, but I think I bought it to download on my device and not as a gift, which was the intention, I do not know how to change the game to be a gift

Response:

Hi there,

in such case it's best to do a refund for the purchased game for yourself, via these steps

to request a refund please go to this link where you can submit a item for a refund.

https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund
    If that link doesn't exist then the Refund form isn't available for your region (yet) and you will have to contact official Xbox Support, they are the only ones that
    can determine if a refund is possible or not. To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

When the refund succeeded, you can try to purchase the content again as a gift. See this link for information on gifting:

https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

Side note: Keep in mind that you can only gift something to a person that is in your same region

Let us know the results
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Gifted a item and want a refund

Hey Brodie

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring about requesting a refund for an item you gifted.

As per the article that covers
    Help with giving digital games as gifts
    , yes, you can
    request a refund
    for an item you gifted someone else.

I hope this helps.
  5. Gold Roger Win User

Refund an Xbox digital Gift Card

I haven't encountered any company that doesn't refund gift cards and Microsoft itself refunds Microsoft Store gift cards, it's only Xbox gift cards that seem to be non-refundable for reasons no one can explain to me. Guess I'm just screwed :(
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Wrong region code

If your friend bought the game as a gift through the Xbox Store he can request a refund.

Seeing as the gifting of games etc is region locked you wont be able to play the game that was gifted if you are in a different region as the purchaser/gifter.
Thema:

Refund Gifted Game

1. Refund Gifted Game - Similar Threads - Refund Gifted Game

2. I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it: This is extremely important, I purchased an expensive game, (Forza Horizon 4 and the Fortune Island DLC) and I have come to learn that they cannot play the game at all because of a problem with...
  3. How do i refund my gift cards with out going through a bunch of virtial stuff

in XboX Insiders
    How do i refund my gift cards with out going through a bunch of virtial stuff: So i just bought that little 3 pack of 20$ gift cards and i did not know you coulden redeem multiple gift cards at purchase and now 2 of them dont work and the last one i gave to my brother please...
  4. can I refund a gifted game from my friend?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I refund a gifted game from my friend?: One of my friends sent me a game that I don't like... If I refund it the money will transfer to my xbox account or his? d432b859-8219-4852-b473-3671b77a5a79
  5. How to request refund for a game I bought as a gift

in XBoX on Windows
    How to request refund for a game I bought as a gift: Hi, community, I have just bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift for my teenager and redeemed the code from her account (different than the one that purchased from). After three reinstalls and...
  6. How do I refund a gifted games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How do I refund a gifted games: Someone logged into my account and gifted there self thousands of dollars in games and i have no idea how to refund and i cant get in contact with microsoft because of this pandemic...
  7. refunding gifted games

in XBoX on Consoles
    refunding gifted games: I bought a game for a friend after playing and testing out that game he didnt want it and refused to play it i got it recently 3 days ago and i want to get a refund but its not on the refund list...
  8. Xbox game pass gift card refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass gift card refund: My son has received 4 xbox game passes gift cards but wanted a regular xbox live gift card. How do I refund these or exchange to my balance for in game or other purchases?...
  9. Refunding a gifted game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a gifted game.: So basically I gifted Black Desert to a friend, he's in the US, i'm in the UK. i'd gifted a game before but it was someoe to the Uk so I thought it would be fine. But instead of having a warning...
  10. Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?: I was wondering if i can refund WWE 2K18 so that i may buy said game to my friend so that we can play together and, before you ask: 1: No, i can't share my account with him because he has his...