Refund request rejected by Microsoft

Discus and support Refund request rejected by Microsoft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I found that my son bought items {130$} in Xbox game, so requested a refund. It was accepted. On the same day, I went to the Microsoft site and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SO_777, May 16, 2019 at 9:13 AM.

1. SO_777
    SO_777 Guest

I found that my son bought items {130$} in Xbox game, so requested a refund.

It was accepted.

On the same day, I went to the Microsoft site and clicked 'Remove' on Credit Card information.

I SAW the Card info removed from the page.

But on the next day, my son bought items (now 300$) again.

I went to Microsoft site and I saw Credit Card information was still there.

Second-time refund request was rejected.

Only then I understand that refund can happen only once.

There wasn't enough CAUTION by Microsoft or Xbox

before having the second mistake.

I'm sure there are others suffering in the same situation.

How about Cooling Off kind of law protection?

Cannot they delete items and return the money back?

I contacted Xbox Support, explained the situation and following was the answer.

I replied with questions but no response..

Refund request rejected by Microsoft [​IMG]

:)

2. PickledBell6822 Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that your son made some unauthorized purchase with your card.

I believe that all of Microsoft sales are final and non-refundable. But it seems that they did a one time courtesy refund.

That is why your previous request was granted and not the second one.

By the way, do make sure that you are the only one that can access your card. As it seems that your son was able to access your card to add it back on the account ( If you are able to remove the card from the account when you first tried it )

Also, you can request your bank to block every transaction from Microsoft. In case that someone could access your card for another Microsoft purchases.
  3. SO_777 Win User

There is nothing anyone in the forums can do about refunds. That is handled by
    Xbox Support directly.
    Handle.

I contacted Xbox Support and I don't see anything handled there.

It functions as a trash bin :)
  4. Alucario Ultra Win User

Hello,

Thanks for using the MS forums.

Have you read through the guide?

I´ll let you the link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/payment-and-purchases/manage-payment-options-online

My recommendation is, make a child account to your son. You may also, the next time you remove a payment method, check if really it removes by reloading the page.

The other thing that you may also try is disconnecting the console from the internet in order to prevent your son accessing the MS store.
  5. SO_777 Win User

Hi TheHooniganTX!

I really appreciate your help!

When it happened the first time, I thought to remove Credit Card info is the easiest and solid solution

then setting protection on profile.

Now Microsoft Support confirmed on chat that Credit Card info is not there and no way to purchase,

but it's too late.

I will never add Card info in the future.

But I'm looking for anything I can do to fight against Microsoft..

Thanks for your comment anyway! :)
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. Refund request rejected by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Refund request rejected

2. xbox 게임 구입 환불 요청 문의 -[Translation - Contact Xbox Game Purchase Refund request]

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 게임 구입 환불 요청 문의 -[Translation - Contact Xbox Game Purchase Refund request]: 더 라이브 골드 무료게임인 줄 알 구매했는데 실 로 결 가 되어 환불 부탁합니다. xbox 계 : [Mod Removed - Personal Information] -[Mod Removed - Personal Information] -[Translation - I bought a live gold free game, but actually...
  3. Anthem request to refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anthem request to refund: Hello, I have contact the xbox live service(1470770381), and gave my site xbox.com/refundshelp, but no way to send my request. I bought the game in February with the upgrade. But bioware and ea...
  4. Request response to refund request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request response to refund request: I asked for a refund, but there's no response. [Mod removed - Personal Information] I want a quick refund. eb6ca293-75f5-4b2e-9882-3bd262ac3c6d
  5. 게임 환불 요청합니다 [Translate] Game Refund Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    게임 환불 요청합니다 [Translate] Game Refund Request: 더크루2 라는 게임을 구매했는데 어지러워서 도 히 못하 습니다. 환불 부탁드립니다. [Translate by Mod] I bought a game called the Crew 2 and it was was wont. Please refund. 0e5cbd20-de99-4bdb-8869-b9ef3df4f7fa
  6. email for customer service followup for my request for xbox game refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    email for customer service followup for my request for xbox game refund: hi. i recently requested a refund for an xbox game. microsoft did reply , however , i would like to engage in a conversation. i have "replied" to the microsoft email , but i have not received a...
  7. I request forza horizen ultimit edition refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I request forza horizen ultimit edition refund: I want a refund. The order number is 6087757420, and the purchase date is 13 April 2019 and we request a refund due to the wrong purchase. fbd14045-740d-4b1b-9a0d-4f9e5ac18098
  8. forza horizen4 얼티밋에디션 환불요청합니다[Translation-Request a refund for Forza Horizen4 Ultimate Edition]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizen4 얼티밋에디션 환불요청합니다[Translation-Request a refund for Forza Horizen4 Ultimate Edition]: 게임포함인줄알 잘못샀다가 스타터팩 재구매했습니다. 얼티밋에 포함된항목은 필요없어서 환불요청합니다. 환불란에서 환불요청버튼이 보인지않아서 문의드립니다. [Translation-The game was included and the starter pack was purchased incorrectly. The items included in...
  9. Refund request not working!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Refund request not working!: I'm trying to get a refund on a game that my little brother accidentally purchased. I tried doing the refund process online but it's not working. I go through all the steps for the refund but once...
  10. I would like to request a refund my son spent on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to request a refund my son spent on fortnite: I would like to request a refund please. My son who is 8 years of age spent £178.90 on fortnite skins and other products including £3.99 on robloxs. He did not have permission and I have spoke to...