refunding gifted games

Discus and support refunding gifted games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a game for a friend after playing and testing out that game he didnt want it and refused to play it i got it recently 3 days ago and i want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Killswitch21195, Feb 16, 2020.

1. refunding gifted games

I bought a game for a friend after playing and testing out that game he didnt want it and refused to play it i got it recently 3 days ago and i want to get a refund but its not on the refund list and the virtual support takes me to the form and its still
    not on the list and there is no live support for refunds. please help if youve had this issue before

:)

Killswitch21195, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

refunding gifted games

3. WPAK Win User

He comprado un juego para descargar, pero creo que lo he comprado para descargar en mi dispositivo y no como regalo, que era la intención, no sé como cambiar el juego para que sea un regalo

Web translation:

I bought a game to download, but I think I bought it to download on my device and not as a gift, which was the intention, I do not know how to change the game to be a gift

Response:

Hi there,

in such case it's best to do a refund for the purchased game for yourself, via these steps

to request a refund please go to this link where you can submit a item for a refund.

https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund
    If that link doesn't exist then the Refund form isn't available for your region (yet) and you will have to contact official Xbox Support, they are the only ones that
    can determine if a refund is possible or not. To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

When the refund succeeded, you can try to purchase the content again as a gift. See this link for information on gifting:

https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

Side note: Keep in mind that you can only gift something to a person that is in your same region

Let us know the results
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Wrong region code

If your friend bought the game as a gift through the Xbox Store he can request a refund.

Seeing as the gifting of games etc is region locked you wont be able to play the game that was gifted if you are in a different region as the purchaser/gifter.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Change email adress associated with a gift card

Hello Sapin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If you did get a 25 digit digital code, you can just gift him the code for the game. If the game was automatically redeemed on your account you will not be able to gift to him now. You would need to request
    a refund then gift it the proper way. Keep in mind if he is in a different region he will not be able to use the game.

1. request a refund
    2. gifting games or currency
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. iAmPimmiCue Win User

Refunding a gifted game.

Before I try calling, I've just got done with Support and was given a refund form. If that doesn't work I'll see if calling would help, though I doubt it would be any different.
Thema:

refunding gifted games

1. refunding gifted games - Similar Threads - refunding gifted games

2. Refund with an gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund with an gift card: If I refund a game with my gift card, does the money go back to my gift card? b98f90f5-61e6-44ee-b4dd-e34d188b7e51
  3. How to refund a digital gift card?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to refund a digital gift card?: I gifted someone a 25$ Xbox Live Gold, but they can not redeem it because of their region. Is there a chance I can get a refund, since I already have Gold myself? Nothing on it has been tempered...
  4. Refund Gifted Game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund Gifted Game: Good evening, a few minutes ago i tried to gift a game Jedi Fallen Order, unfortunately I didn't read the bit where it said cross region codes didn't work. He tried but due to living in a...
  5. Refund - Gift bought in UK but cant redeem in USA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund - Gift bought in UK but cant redeem in USA: Hi, Bought a gift DLC for my mate in USA, but didnt know that you cant buy in the UK for USA, it was the DLC for dayz Livonia i can give the code when required, thanks can i ask what i need to do...
  6. Can i refund a gift if it hasn't been redeemed yet?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i refund a gift if it hasn't been redeemed yet?: I recently bought Minecraft as a gift, realizing too late that it's not the correct version that i wanted to buy. Can i refund it if it hasn't been redeemed yet? Thank you....
  7. Remboursement pour envoi de cadeau pour ami Xbox [Translate] Refund for sending gift for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remboursement pour envoi de cadeau pour ami Xbox [Translate] Refund for sending gift for...: Bonjour, J'ai envoyé un pack Déesse sur Paladins partir du Microsoft Store un ami Xbox, mais étant donné qu'il avait déj acheté le même produit, il n'a rien reçu de mon cadeau Quels seraient...
  8. Xbox game pass gift card refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass gift card refund: My son has received 4 xbox game passes gift cards but wanted a regular xbox live gift card. How do I refund these or exchange to my balance for in game or other purchases?...
  9. Refunding a gifted game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a gifted game.: So basically I gifted Black Desert to a friend, he's in the US, i'm in the UK. i'd gifted a game before but it was someoe to the Uk so I thought it would be fine. But instead of having a warning...
  10. Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?: I was wondering if i can refund WWE 2K18 so that i may buy said game to my friend so that we can play together and, before you ask: 1: No, i can't share my account with him because he has his...