Refunding Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Java Edition.

Discus and support Refunding Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Java Edition. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I accidentally bought the Windows 10 Edition instead of the Java Edition. I would like to get a refund or trade my Windows 10 Edition for a Java... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RadkaEntlichova, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Refunding Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Java Edition.

Hey,

I accidentally bought the Windows 10 Edition instead of the Java Edition. I would like to get a refund or trade my Windows 10 Edition for a Java Edition.

I fail to understand how to do that as I cannot see any refund option in my order history, can you please help me with the refund? Ive tried looking through different posts but that didnt really help either.

Can you please direct me straight to where I should refund/trade the game?

Thanks!

:)

RadkaEntlichova, Dec 31, 2021
  2. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  3. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  4. XIPARKYXI Win User

Minecraft version windows10 how to change to java edition

Hi,

I mistakenly purchased for my child the minecraft's windows 10 version and I would to know if its possible to change to Minecraft's Java edition version.

thanks very much for helping me.
    Windows 10 minecraft and java edition are both two different types of Editions unfortunately you would have to buy the java edition on the minecraft website.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Codigo de Minecraft Windows 10 não recebido[Translation-Minecraft Windows 10 Code Not Received]

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are looking to get Minecraft windows 10 edition. Here is a

post from a year ago
    shows how to get Windows 10 edition.

Is Minecraft for Windows 10 included with the purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition? Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com,
    and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October 19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good
    way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.

https://account.mojang.com/login

Thanks,

Brad
  6. ZUULIUS Win User

How to fix Minecraft sign in/unlock full game migrated account

I bought the Java Edition and migrated it to the Windows 10 Edition, does this not give me a free version of Windows 10 Edition Minecraft, I have to re-buy it?
Thema:

Refunding Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Java Edition.

1. Refunding Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Java Edition. - Similar Threads - Refunding Minecraft Windows

2. Minecraft Window 10 gift refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Window 10 gift refund: Hey. I bought Minecraft Window 10 as a gift in Europe but my friend live in Asia so they can't redeem the code, so how can i request a refund if theirs no option in order history?...
  3. How to Refund Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Refund Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection: I tried to go to Order history then my Minecraft order was there but there's no option to refund. I haven't played for more than 5-10 minutes yet. I just purchased it today. I want my money back....
  4. Is there a way to refund minecraft windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to refund minecraft windows 10: Please help me I bought the wrong Minecraft 17ca4863-1416-456d-98a7-d392b503c47f
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Refund: Hello. I recently bought minecraft so I could join some friends. However, I did not know at the time that they used the java version, and I bought the bedrock edition. At the time I did not know...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock(Windows) edition refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock(Windows) edition refund: I requested a refund from microsoft for Minecraft Bedrock edition when it (almost) met every requirement. At the time I had submitted a refund request within the 14 days, and 10 points over the...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection request refund not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection request refund not working: Hello, I brought recently the Minecraft Starter Edition and I noticed that I didn't receive the 700 coins. After trying several methods, reading the forums, and contacting Mojang, the issue was...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft windows 10 refund: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 for my HP laptop and it won’t run on my laptop dispite me going through reccomended settings to change if and I am not finding any way fo get a refund. The game is...
  9. May I please get a refund? (Minecraft Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    May I please get a refund? (Minecraft Windows 10): So I wanted to make my child a gift. Minecraft windows 10, and I accidentally bought it on my account Then I had to buy it on his so it would be on his pc. Is there any way that I could refund the...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 edition refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition refund: Hi, today i bought Minecraft windows 10 edition, what i did not know was that i already owned minecraft windows 10 edition. It did not say anything on the site before i bought it. i would like to...