Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

Discus and support Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi evergone Just looking for some advice. I bought an Xbox One S 1tb back in January this year. My partner annoyingly gets rid of things as soon as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 7eed73ef-8b78-4e16-a4cd-5, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

Hi evergone

Just looking for some advice. I bought an Xbox One S 1tb back in January this year. My partner annoyingly gets rid of things as soon as set down, including the box where I had put the store receipt.

When it was about 2 days old, I had a problem where it wouldn't power up. It kept switching back off again, and I was getting ready to take it back when it started working and I couldn't recreate the problem so forgot about it.

I don't get time to use it that often, maybe 4 evenings a week, so it's barely used as we have another xbox connected to the main TV in our household. It's therefore always kept in a closed TV cabinet in my bedroom, away from things like dust and it's well
    ventilated.

Anyway. Friend came round and wanted to play Gears. Brought my xbox and TV into front room and it won't switch on. It powers up for a second and then goes off. I followed all the advice online about resetting the power supply but if anything it made it come
    on for a shorter time.

I looked online and it seemed like a common problem. Great I thought, it's under warranty for a known issue.

I sent it off to Germany for warranty repair, seeing as I had no store receipt. It came back today with a note saying they couldn't fix it as it was either tampered with or something else which would mean it can't be repaired. I called support and they couldn't
    tell me anything except that it was something I had done, which I definitely haven't. I am the least technically minded person ever, so I would never tampef with it, and neither have I spilled anything on it or dropped it.

I feel as though I'm being called a liar and it's a real let down by a reputable company that I have spent a lot of money on (as a family we have 4 xbox ones with subscriptions), and I'm loathed to give another penny if I'm honest. I can't understand what
    has happened to the console. Nothing happened to it since the night I used it and the next day when I moved it and it stopped working. The plug sockets where I moved it to are all fine and I use a surge protector anyway.

Is there any way that support can contact the servicing team to ask them exactly why it can't be fixed, so I can at least contest that. As the advisor told me they get no info and it's in the letter. The letter is a generic cover all thing that doesn't tell
    me much except that it's excluded from service.

Also does anyone know what can be done with the console if I can't get this sorted, just sell it to be harvested for parts? Or could the power supply be fixed easily and cheaply by a third party? If I cab prove that it's a hardware fault with an independent
    3rd party could I claim the costs back?

:)

7eed73ef-8b78-4e16-a4cd-5, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

1. Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up - Similar Threads - Refused repair won't

2. installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start: I tried to start FIFA 20 today and had to do an update. When I tried to start the update, it instantly said ‘Installation stopped’ and would continually refused to start. Since then uninstalled...
  3. Is it right microsoft are refuse to act over people giving out my address because it's in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it right microsoft are refuse to act over people giving out my address because it's in...: Why will management not act and insist on hiding behind protocol and cross communication 7422962e-7e01-4c17-9b53-2170e032a3f0
  4. why is microsoft refusing to answer peoples questions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is microsoft refusing to answer peoples questions?: Microsoft, I am now the 200th plus customer to complain about this, according to your website figures. here is a copy of another customers complaint, its the exact same one I have. Game Pass for...
  5. My xbox one x refuses to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x refuses to work: I've already done hard resets and I unplugged it, so that didn't do anything. Everytime I start it up it just sits there and wont respond to my controller, even though its connected (it is...
  6. Hitron: Console refuses to maintain UPnP

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hitron: Console refuses to maintain UPnP: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Console refuses to maintain UPnP I'm just glad that the change worked for you. Hopefully we'll run into each other out there in the void :) Happy Gaming!...
  7. My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice: I’ve tried EVERYTHING! If i open Netflix or Mixer or what have you, then close them to play a game, my xbox will not reopen them. I have to restart my Xbox to reopen the app. EVERY TIME. Why? Now...
  8. Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive: This is ridiculous. I have two drives. C is an SSD and after my OS it doesn't have anywhere near the 66 gigs required to install gears on it. I've never used it to install anything from the MS...
  9. Apps refuse to Install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps refuse to Install.: The Apps on my Xbox One refuse to update/install and everytime I go to uninstall, they only show that they are not even installed and are ready to be now but they are still on my Home Page as Apps...
  10. Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...: I'm unable to return an in warranty Xbox One controller for repair despite being well within the warranty period from date of purchase. I bought it on 27/06/18 and as of today (13/09/18) it's...