Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

Discus and support Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi evergone Just looking for some advice. I bought an Xbox One S 1tb back in January this year. My partner annoyingly gets rid of things as soon as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 7eed73ef-8b78-4e16-a4cd-5, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up

Hi evergone

Just looking for some advice. I bought an Xbox One S 1tb back in January this year. My partner annoyingly gets rid of things as soon as set down, including the box where I had put the store receipt.

When it was about 2 days old, I had a problem where it wouldn't power up. It kept switching back off again, and I was getting ready to take it back when it started working and I couldn't recreate the problem so forgot about it.

I don't get time to use it that often, maybe 4 evenings a week, so it's barely used as we have another xbox connected to the main TV in our household. It's therefore always kept in a closed TV cabinet in my bedroom, away from things like dust and it's well
    ventilated.

Anyway. Friend came round and wanted to play Gears. Brought my xbox and TV into front room and it won't switch on. It powers up for a second and then goes off. I followed all the advice online about resetting the power supply but if anything it made it come
    on for a shorter time.

I looked online and it seemed like a common problem. Great I thought, it's under warranty for a known issue.

I sent it off to Germany for warranty repair, seeing as I had no store receipt. It came back today with a note saying they couldn't fix it as it was either tampered with or something else which would mean it can't be repaired. I called support and they couldn't
    tell me anything except that it was something I had done, which I definitely haven't. I am the least technically minded person ever, so I would never tampef with it, and neither have I spilled anything on it or dropped it.

I feel as though I'm being called a liar and it's a real let down by a reputable company that I have spent a lot of money on (as a family we have 4 xbox ones with subscriptions), and I'm loathed to give another penny if I'm honest. I can't understand what
    has happened to the console. Nothing happened to it since the night I used it and the next day when I moved it and it stopped working. The plug sockets where I moved it to are all fine and I use a surge protector anyway.

Is there any way that support can contact the servicing team to ask them exactly why it can't be fixed, so I can at least contest that. As the advisor told me they get no info and it's in the letter. The letter is a generic cover all thing that doesn't tell
    me much except that it's excluded from service.

Also does anyone know what can be done with the console if I can't get this sorted, just sell it to be harvested for parts? Or could the power supply be fixed easily and cheaply by a third party? If I cab prove that it's a hardware fault with an independent
    3rd party could I claim the costs back?

:)

7eed73ef-8b78-4e16-a4cd-5, Sep 22, 2019
  2. ExcaIibur Win User

Well if you haven't tampered with it, did your partner or someone else?

Otherwise they wouldn't say it for no reason. This could mean trying to open/unscrew parts of the Xbox, which is normally pretty noticeable when someone tries.

Also, couldn't you have just taken it back to the shop, with proof of purchase like a bank statement showing that it was bought from there?

I assume you live in Germany, however i don't know what the rules are for that there though.

If someone bought something here (UK), tampered with it in any shape or form, the shop can refuse a refund/exchange too.
  3. 7eed73ef-8b78-4e16-a Win User

You bought it brand new?
    Yeah it was sealed in the box
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello NasifK,

Please take some time to revisit the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines
    . Reviving/bumping older threads does go against the guidelines. We will be locking this thread. If anyone reading this requires support, please take the time to create a new thread. we look forward to hearing from you soon!
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Mmmmm. Thanks for this advice. I’ll sure remember this. Luckily I have a file where I keep all my receipts
  6. ExcaIibur Win User

You don't need a receipt. Just proof of purchase, so if you paid using a card, you can show them a bank statement with the transaction on it.

It would then be returned under manufacturers fault.

But if they see or think its been tampered with, they can refuse too.
Thema:

1. Refused repair - Xbox One S won't power up - Similar Threads - Refused repair won't

2. Appeal a refund refusal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Appeal a refund refusal: Does anyone know how to appeal a refund decision I bought Mamba version NBS 2K21 for the wrong XBOX console and simply want it for the correct console but I received a refusal which stated: "Our...
  3. Microsoft refusing refunds is starting to sound like insurance company tactics - deny,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refusing refunds is starting to sound like insurance company tactics - deny,...: My daughter has been begging me for Robux. I begrudgingly said yes if her behavior warranted a reward. After a successful week of good behavior I was going to buy her $10 worth of Robux. I had...
  4. Game refuses to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game refuses to load: I have 2 physical discs,that just won't load. I out them in and nothing happens . No error code,no prompt ,no nothing,just blankness. I moved recently and had to get a new account and reinstall...
  5. Xbox took Money out of my account and refused to refund me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox took Money out of my account and refused to refund me: X box took £70 out of my account on the same day.Seven transactions of £10 we're processed from my account.I emailed their Customer Service who blatantly told me I cannot get a refund as the game...
  6. Microsoft refuses to help me redeeming my gift cards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft refuses to help me redeeming my gift cards: Hello, For a long time now I try to get gift cards redeemed to my Xbox account. Both the console and the Microsoft Website don't accept the codes. I contacted the support and after a long time...
  7. Refused Xbox one S repair

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refused Xbox one S repair: My xbox one s wouldn't turn on, it would stay on for one second and turn off again. Reading a few posts on different gaming communities, I've decided to sent mine to the service centre. I will...
  8. Refund team refused request for DLC purchased 48 hours back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund team refused request for DLC purchased 48 hours back: I created this post to express my sheer disappointment in the new refund process. I play DR2.0 on Game Pass and wanted to get the entire game + all DLC, aka. Game of the Year Edition which is...
  9. Microsoft refused to repair my xbox one S, then won't refund my 179 dollars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refused to repair my xbox one S, then won't refund my 179 dollars: Microsoft refused to repair my Xbox One S console, no problem, that's fine, I was told via a letter they would refund my money within 6 to 8 weeks, and I still am getting no resolution here on the...
  10. Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...: I'm unable to return an in warranty Xbox One controller for repair despite being well within the warranty period from date of purchase. I bought it on 27/06/18 and as of today (13/09/18) it's...