Region Change - How long?

Discus and support Region Change - How long? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did an region account change, but its not updating that I should be in US region now from Canada. About how long does it take? A little background:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kimchibowl83, May 26, 2014.

1. Kimchibowl83
    Kimchibowl83 Guest

I did an region account change, but its not updating that I should be in US region now from Canada. About how long does it take? A little background:

I received a redeem code for $65 from my friend in the US. I totally was not really thinking that it mattered that I'm in Canada and i redeemed it from xboxlive website. So I contacted support and they suggested that I change my region to the US and use
    the $65 and then I can ask for region change back to Can after. Now my one question is, if I download a game while under US region, can i still play it when I go back to Can region on my account?

Has anyone else had an issue like this before?

:)

Kimchibowl83, May 26, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, May 26, 2014
  3. ricardo94kv
    ricardo94kv Guest
    How to change region?

Yea i live in the border of mexico and U.S. so i went to gamestop and bought a 1600 xbox live points. So i went back to my house in mexico and tried to redem the code but i couldn't becuase its a united states code and my account its mexican so i cant used
    unless i change my region to U.S.

ricardo94kv, May 26, 2014
  4. ShadeFr0st
    ShadeFr0st Guest

Was it a Canada redeemable code or a US code and was it downloaded on your console or someone else's?

ShadeFr0st, Aug 30, 2014
  5. XxRoMuLoxXi Win User

How to change region?

wanted to know if there is no way to put my account in Brazil for U.S.
  6. Gob1zku Win User

How to change region?

They only open that option up when XBL is available in more regions. So for example, if the UK was a newly added XBL supported region, they would open up migrations to there from regions that were available prior to that. At least that's how it typically
    functioned in the past. I'm not sure if they have any plans to open migration back up at all in the future. So the only current answer is to start up a new account for that region.
  7. ngocphi Win User

How to change region?

i suggest you make your own post listing your issue rather then resurrecting an OLD thread without posting your actual ISSUE

it is no-t discrimination
  8. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

How to change region?

Hi there, ricardo94kv. Unfortunately you'll need to use a code that matches the region in which you currently reside and the region registered to your account. Otherwise you may encounter issues such as the one you are describing. Very sorry for the inconvenience!
  9. smaggzi Win User

How to change region?

You are telling me you don't see this? Inconvenience? Weather can be inconvenient...not this. Problems that you are able to solve are not and can not be inconvenient. Maybe the word u were looking for is "discrimination"... thats what you should be very
    sorry about. This is an issue you will have to find a solution for. Sooner or later. I prefer sooner when it comes to solving problems. Talk to your boss if you have a brain of your own. Nowadays a lot of people are migrating and when we are, our consoles
    should migrate with us. Regions are discrimination. What happened to equal right?
Thema:

1. Region Change - How long? - Similar Threads - Region Change long

2. Changing region from USA to UK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing region from USA to UK: Hello, I want to change my region from USA to UK and I receive this message: "There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will...
  3. Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.: Hello. I am not able to purchase the Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region on the Xbox app. I'm in the Philippines and when I click the buy button it says that the game will be...
  4. Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC: As title said, so I've downloaded the Xbox (Beta) App for Windows 10, I wanted to subscribe to the Xbox Pass, when I reach Billing Info Address, I'm unable to choose my Billing Region/Country....
  5. Changing Region on Xbox (Beta) for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Region on Xbox (Beta) for PC: Hi, I'm currently trying to get the Game Pass on PC but the Xbox App won't let me. It says I'm in the USA which I am not. I use any payment methods because I can't change the region while paying....
  6. Changing regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing regions: I am getting a error code (80150017) and i think it has to do with the fact that i brought my xbox 360 from the United States (where i got it) and have retired in the Philippines. When trying to...
  7. Region Changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region Changing: Hey everyone, Firstly thanks for any help and advice anyone can give me. I recently moved overseas from Australia and I have updated my region in my account online and also on my xbox. I...
  8. I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store: I moved from Brazil to Canada. I updated my Microsoft account's region to Canada, I even added a Canadian credit card to it. But my Xbox 360 store is still the Brazilian one. I bought a...
  9. Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: My previous thread was locked but not answered... https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/changed-region-by-mistake-360-region-on-xbox/bda9d818-bb09-4a32-a5bc-830d67e76dc8 I was able...
  10. Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: Hi, I wanted to change region for Canada, and I changed by mistake to brazil. I don't live in Brazil and I don't speak the language. I'd like to either rollback to my former country, or change...