Region Change - How long?

Discus and support Region Change - How long? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did an region account change, but its not updating that I should be in US region now from Canada. About how long does it take? A little background:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kimchibowl83, May 26, 2014.

1. Kimchibowl83
    Kimchibowl83 Guest

I did an region account change, but its not updating that I should be in US region now from Canada. About how long does it take? A little background:

I received a redeem code for $65 from my friend in the US. I totally was not really thinking that it mattered that I'm in Canada and i redeemed it from xboxlive website. So I contacted support and they suggested that I change my region to the US and use
    the $65 and then I can ask for region change back to Can after. Now my one question is, if I download a game while under US region, can i still play it when I go back to Can region on my account?

Has anyone else had an issue like this before?

:)

Kimchibowl83, May 26, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, May 26, 2014
  3. ricardo94kv
    ricardo94kv Guest
    How to change region?

Yea i live in the border of mexico and U.S. so i went to gamestop and bought a 1600 xbox live points. So i went back to my house in mexico and tried to redem the code but i couldn't becuase its a united states code and my account its mexican so i cant used
    unless i change my region to U.S.

ricardo94kv, May 26, 2014
  4. ShadeFr0st
    ShadeFr0st Guest

Was it a Canada redeemable code or a US code and was it downloaded on your console or someone else's?

ShadeFr0st, Aug 30, 2014
  5. XxRoMuLoxXi Win User

How to change region?

wanted to know if there is no way to put my account in Brazil for U.S.
  6. Gob1zku Win User

How to change region?

They only open that option up when XBL is available in more regions. So for example, if the UK was a newly added XBL supported region, they would open up migrations to there from regions that were available prior to that. At least that's how it typically
    functioned in the past. I'm not sure if they have any plans to open migration back up at all in the future. So the only current answer is to start up a new account for that region.
  7. ngocphi Win User

How to change region?

i suggest you make your own post listing your issue rather then resurrecting an OLD thread without posting your actual ISSUE

it is no-t discrimination
  8. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

How to change region?

Hi there, ricardo94kv. Unfortunately you'll need to use a code that matches the region in which you currently reside and the region registered to your account. Otherwise you may encounter issues such as the one you are describing. Very sorry for the inconvenience!
  9. smaggzi Win User

How to change region?

You are telling me you don't see this? Inconvenience? Weather can be inconvenient...not this. Problems that you are able to solve are not and can not be inconvenient. Maybe the word u were looking for is "discrimination"... thats what you should be very
    sorry about. This is an issue you will have to find a solution for. Sooner or later. I prefer sooner when it comes to solving problems. Talk to your boss if you have a brain of your own. Nowadays a lot of people are migrating and when we are, our consoles
    should migrate with us. Regions are discrimination. What happened to equal right?
Thema:

1. Region Change - How long? - Similar Threads - Region Change long

2. I can't change my store region

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my store region: No matter what I really try to do, it sets my region to United States? I could really use some help 60d83e8a-aec7-4627-b17f-06f1dc3ec54d
  3. New Xbox has region set to US and can,t change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox has region set to US and can,t change.: As per the title i have brought a new xbox today and have signed it in on my existing MS account which is and always has been UK based however my xbox account is showing in US dollars and is...
  4. Change language of games on xbox beta without changing my windows region?

in XBoX on Windows
    Change language of games on xbox beta without changing my windows region?: The subject says it all already. I just want to choose between the languages the game has to offer, and not be forced to play on the language xbox beta thinks is the best for me....
  5. Can’t change region or country for billing info

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change region or country for billing info: I tried to buy a game a month ago yesterday but it came up saying i have no suitable billing info or something along those lines so i pressed update billing info and had to change my email as it...
  6. NO PUEDO CAMBIAR DE REGION -[Translation - I CAN NOT CHANGE REGION]

in XBoX on Consoles
    NO PUEDO CAMBIAR DE REGION -[Translation - I CAN NOT CHANGE REGION]: hace 5 dias cambie de region a mexico para averiguar una cosa. Pero ahora no puedeo volver a mi region en xbox 360 (argentina) y lo necesito ahora. alguien me puede ayudar por favor?...
  7. I cannot change my xbox pass region.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my xbox pass region.: Hello, I have a problem with my game pass region I cannot change the region, I live in Belgium and the software tells me that it is not in America I have had this problem for several months, I...
  8. I cannot change my profile region on Xbox Live.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot change my profile region on Xbox Live.: Hello, I am currently attempting to change my gamertag, and once I get to payment processing, I am required to change my profile address. [img] Everything goes fine until I reach the region...
  9. Can't change region.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change region.: I recently logged back into my Xbox live account which was created in the UK. Now i live in Japan, i bought the console here from Microsoft directly. I used the code in the box for a free months...
  10. Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't let me change my region/country when adding a payment option: I am trying to buy a few Xbox One compatible XB360 and Original XB games. When I add a payment option to my account on the 360 in order to make the purchase it has my region/country set to the US,...