Region Changing

Discus and support Region Changing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Firstly thanks for any help and advice anyone can give me. I recently moved overseas from Australia and I have updated my region in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CameronLawrence, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Region Changing

Hey everyone,

Firstly thanks for any help and advice anyone can give me.

I recently moved overseas from Australia and I have updated my region in my account online and also on my xbox. I recently purchased a digital code for an xbox game, however whenever I am trying to redeem the code it says it's from another region.

The problem is this - my xbox account says the correct region - Turkey.

When I log into my Microsoft account/live in my account settings it says Turkey.

But, when I try to redeem the code through my web browser and follow the prompts to the code input screen, at the top next to my name in brackets for the region it says (Australia). I am aware that I can only change my region every 3mths. But before this
    I hadn't changed my region.

Please help, feeling like I've wasted some money Region Changing :(.

Thanks in advance,

Cameron.

:)

CameronLawrence, Oct 6, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Changing region

Yes you contact xbox support via chat or phone it can take 6 weeks and during which you cannot use it online
  3. xbox360italy Win User

Changing region

Hello

You can check the region of your Microsoft account and change it if necessary by following these steps:

1. Go to accounts.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
      2. Under Account information, check that the country/region shown is correct.
      3. If you need to change the country/region, select Change.
      4. After you’ve changed the country/region to match the region for your Xbox LIVE account, click Save.
    If you have questions about any other status codes, see the Xbox Error Code Search page.

---

You can change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here’s how:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    2. Go to Settings and select Account.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
    2. Select Change Windows Live ID. (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account. Find out more.)
      Do one of the following:
      • If you have another Microsoft account, select Yes.
      • If you do not have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.
      • Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
      • Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
      • Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
      • Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
    Notes

• When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.
    • You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.
    • You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, you’ll get an error message.
    • Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.
    • You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect
      your Xbox LIVE profile
  4. Smwutches Win User

Region Change

5. ngocphi Win User

Changing regions

The disks are region free I doubt the GoD or dlc is region free qs international laws still apply
  6. HyruleBalverine Win User

Changing regions

I wanted to let you know as well that changing your region to access games and content in that way is viewed as Microsoft as Marketplace Fraud. I'd hate for you to go through all the effort of getting a game for less only to get banned for this. If you are
    using the Xbox One, it is my understanding that the games are region free, so you can always purchase them from online US retailers and shipped to you,
Thema:

Region Changing

1. Region Changing - Similar Threads - Region Changing

2. I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store: I moved from Brazil to Canada. I updated my Microsoft account's region to Canada, I even added a Canadian credit card to it. But my Xbox 360 store is still the Brazilian one. I bought a...
  3. Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: My previous thread was locked but not answered... https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/changed-region-by-mistake-360-region-on-xbox/bda9d818-bb09-4a32-a5bc-830d67e76dc8 I was able...
  4. Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: Hi, I wanted to change region for Canada, and I changed by mistake to brazil. I don't live in Brazil and I don't speak the language. I'd like to either rollback to my former country, or change...
  5. Schimbarea regiuni -[Translation - Change regions]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Schimbarea regiuni -[Translation - Change regions]: Am mai vazut multa lume ce intreaba de ce nu isi pot schimba regiunea in Romania dar intrebarile acelea sunt vechi de cativa ani si sper ca cineva de la microsoft sau xbox support sa vada asta....
  6. I cannot get the region code to change on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get the region code to change on my Xbox 360: I moved from Germany to the USA, and changed the settings on the console and in my Microsoft Account, both locale and language, as well as the billing information. I have deleted and re-added my...
  7. Change your Microsoft Store region ??

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Change your Microsoft Store region ??: [img] Could someone help me? I bought Xbox gold redeem code 1 year. My region is the US. I don't know what's the problem exactly. 4f8e79cb-c874-41ee-9bd3-c5f8691d162d
  8. XBOX BETA , I CAN'T CHANGE REGION WHEN BUYING GAME PASS

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX BETA , I CAN'T CHANGE REGION WHEN BUYING GAME PASS: Hello, I can't change region when buying game pass , i already changed region in my microsoft account , but still same , only region i see is United States . Can some 1 help me ? Thanks !...
  9. xbox 360 region change

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 region change: Hello, I used to have a brazilian live gold account and now I'm living in Colombia. Since I moved to this country I can't change my XBox 360 region. Everytime I try I receive the same error....
  10. Trying to play GoW Ultimate Edition without changing regional language

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play GoW Ultimate Edition without changing regional language: This is a giant mess. So GoW Ultimate Edition has no launch setting to change the language of the game (in my case from german to english). Trying to access the game folder to manually change the...