Region Lock Gift Code but did not receive warning.

Discus and support Region Lock Gift Code but did not receive warning. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a $40 game code for a friend in a different region and he can't redeem it but I never got a warning about a region lock or anything of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt Tidd, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Matt Tidd
    Matt Tidd Guest

I bought a $40 game code for a friend in a different region and he can't redeem it but I never got a warning about a region lock or anything of the sort. I have never bought something for someone in a different region and so had no idea about this. Is there a way for him to still get a code, or do I have to go through the hassle of getting a refund?

:)

Matt Tidd, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Code DLC region

Gifted codes are region locked. It woyld have warned your friend before he sent it to you. He would have to try requesting a refund and then find a different way of gifting it to you.
  3. ngocphi Win User

I live in uk but redeem a $ 75 us xbox giftcard is there any way to use it

You would have to change the xbox live region which negates your xbox live for 3months

Why did your friend gift you when its has a clear warning that it is region locked.
  4. DarkrPhi Win User

xbox digital gifting

Should be noted that if he isnt from the same region as you the code will not work

When he gifts you a game you receive a code for the cash or game

If you arent in the same region it will not work

And yes gifted currency and games are region locked
  5. ngocphi Win User

redeem

Does he live in anothrr region ? If so thatd the issue

One gifting is only allowed in the same region you had this warning when gifting as the codes would be region specific to your account

2 cod dlc is region locked

Youd litterally would have to find an etailer for his region and make a purchase on your own and send it to him
  6. ngocphi Win User

How do i gift a game i already own?

Anothrr thing to note

You must be in thr same region as the receiver for the code to work or purchase it from another etailer in the correct region

Prepaid codes are region locked do are gifted games

As the other mentioned origins is no longer available and gifting an game you already own is anothrr purchase not transfering a game
Thema:

1. Region Lock Gift Code but did not receive warning. - Similar Threads - Region Lock Gift

2. Are GPU perks regionally locked?

in XboX Insiders
    Are GPU perks regionally locked?: I live in India and I am unable to see the 30 days of Disney+ perk in the perks tab of the xbox app or my console. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/sirchivvi [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Account Unable to Access Profile due to “Region Locked”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Account Unable to Access Profile due to “Region Locked”?: I am a American who thought it would be funny to make a Xbox account to mess with my friends that had a Korean username. My name has nothing to do with anything it’s just words that I think are...
  4. Xbox Live and Games with region lock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live and Games with region lock: I'm relly new to Xbox and just got second-hand one from my friend. live in Sri Lanka I tried to Sign in Xbox live and it throes me with "no Xbox live available in Sri Lanka" Then i borrowed a...
  5. How to break xbox region lock in China

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to break xbox region lock in China: My xbox one x is region locked in China. There used to be a backdoor to bypass it with offline update. There was a update in May which blocks offline update. So now I basicly got a broken xbox,...
  6. Forza 3 Expansion Code Region Lock Query

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza 3 Expansion Code Region Lock Query: Hi, I live in in Ireland and I want to purchase the expansion packs for Forza 3. I have the base game on pc and I really enjoy it , more than 4. I know that the game is not sold anymore on MStore...
  7. Region locked gift.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region locked gift.: My friend gifted me dlc for world war z. As usual i received a message on my xbox, which gave me the option to redeem there and then. When i tried to, it said sorry there was a problem, Download...
  8. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people: to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on xbox even if it...
  9. I gifted a friend a starter pack and it's region locked how do I get the code for his region?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a friend a starter pack and it's region locked how do I get the code for his region?: I I recently bought a starter pack for the game Terra for a friend and need to figure out a way to get the code because it's region locked how do I go about this to get the code for Canada?...
  10. Is The "Buy As Gift" Option Region Locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is The "Buy As Gift" Option Region Locked?: Hi. I want to gift my sister in Canada (I live in the UK) using the Buy As Gift option in store. Someone on my friend list says it is region locked, that I can only use it to gift another person...