Region lock question

Discus and support Region lock question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I haven't been involved in the Xbox community for a while now (I pretty much stopped using my 360 after halo reach) but lately I've been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Last Colossi, May 8, 2014.

1. Last Colossi
    Last Colossi Guest

Region lock question

Hi everyone, I haven't been involved in the Xbox community for a while now (I pretty much stopped using my 360 after halo reach) but lately I've been considering getting an Xbox one for my lounge room. The 4 main exclusive games I'm interested in are Titanfall,
    Sunset Overdrive, halo 2 anniversary and Quantic Break, I think these games would warrant the purchase of the console. My question is if I import any of these games from America would they work on an Australian xbox one? (I live in Australia), is there any
    sort of region lock wether it's digital or not? and will I have any trouble with DLC or multiplayer?

:)

Last Colossi, May 8, 2014
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Region lock question

You wont have any problems with region locks when you get an XB1, because both the console and games are region free. Only problem you will have is the power supply once you return to America.

x24hrs2livex, May 8, 2014
  3. OUgroundGAME
    OUgroundGAME Guest
    Region Lock Question

For games yes. You would need an American credit card or pre paid card to purchase digitally. Microsoft doesn't own movies or music, so DVDs, blurays, or CDs may still be region locked.

OUgroundGAME, May 8, 2014
  4. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest

Region lock question

There are no regions, only One!!!

xXCamhawkXx, May 8, 2014
  5. Defy Lightning Win User

Region lock question

For the power supply, just buy a new Austrilian Xbox 360 one when you're out there. Then you should a good to go.
  6. OUgroundGAME Win User

Region Lock Question

For games yes. You would need an American credit card or pre paid card to purchase digitally. Microsoft doesn't own movies or music, so DVDs, blurays, or CDs may still be region locked.
  7. eLbiChaN Win User

Region Lock Question

Im confused, sorry. I need to know if i buy a XB1 in the US and move to the UK how would it work if they say it has no region lock.
  8. Doomofman Win User

Region Lock Question

You need to have a payment method for the country the Xbox was bought it OR use a pre paid card. But the XBL market is tied to wherever you set the Xbox up to work in.
  9. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Region lock question

As far as the One is concerned I am not sure but there won't be any problems with the 360.

American console, American games? All good. You said you weren't looking to buy any more, so that's not a problem and should that change you can import them from the US.

You may indeed run into problems with the voltage/plug type though. I'm not massively familiar with this but I would do some research as to what you can do about it.

blog.gowalkabouttravel.com/.../Power-Outlet-for-Australia.jpg

I don't believe American plugs look like that :p
Thema:

Region lock question

1. Region lock question - Similar Threads - Region lock question

2. Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?

in XBoX on Windows
    Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?: Hi there, I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation. I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering...
  3. Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked?: Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games? Or are the Xbox One and One X region Locked?...
  4. Region Lock

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Lock: I wonder about region lock. Right now im living in Ukraine but im travelling between Turkey and Ukraine. I'm planning to buy horizon 4 in Turkish store but i have question. May i play in Ukraine...
  5. Code region-locked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code region-locked: My friend cannot redeem 2 codes which i gifted to him because they are from a different region even though we live in the same country/region. I checked online to see if i can refund it and I am...
  6. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people: to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on xbox even if it...
  7. Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?: Hi! I'm having some issues regarding Mass Effect 3. I'm from Argentina but for some reason there's only one DLC pack available accessing the Microsoft Store from my account which is "From Ashes"....
  8. A quick question regarding backwards compatibility and Region locking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A quick question regarding backwards compatibility and Region locking: I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Due to living in the UK I missed out on a very select few Xbox 360 games that were region locked to America. I was wondering since the Xbox One is...
  9. Region lock question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region lock question: I'll be moving from the US to Australia for at least the next 3 years- I've bought the 360 here in the US and I don't intend on buying anymore games for my 360, I do not watch DVDs, Netflix or...
  10. Question about Region Locked Console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Region Locked Console.: My cousin is visiting from China with a Xbox One China. I understand that it is region locked meaning it can't play any games bought in America. But can she play the xbox one games she got from...