Region Locked Games

Discus and support Region Locked Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All! I just have a quick question. I have a game code from the USA. Can the game code be redeemed for my Xbox in New Zealand? Can I use the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlvinAwesome212, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Region Locked Games

Hello All!

I just have a quick question.

I have a game code from the USA. Can the game code be redeemed for my Xbox in New Zealand?

Can I use the game code here in New Zealand even though it was bought in USA?

Please help! Thank you!

:)

AlvinAwesome212, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Smwutches Win User

Issues regarding dlc and digital codes for xbox 360

If the game is region locked then a code for the game will be region locked. In order to download region locked content, your account region has to match your physical location and you have to be in a region where the game is available.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Cant download resident evil 6

Well there is your answer

Region locks only apply to region locked content

Yes there are games that are region locked and your accoung region and actual region must match

Resident evil is one of many region locked content
  4. ngocphi Win User

Got $20 on Microsoft account and cant buy NOTHING

Both games are region locked

Any resident evil or kinect game is region locked

Anything that is triple a titles are region locked

Since both games that are free this month isn't a major title there is no region lock on them

For the best experience with live your account region must match your actual region

However you don't live in an Xbox live region

There is no way to refund prepaid currency cards

You will have to find a game that isn't region locked

Most triple a titles are though
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 PAL TO NTSC COUNTRY

The region locks technically aren't even NTSC/PAL locks because such a differential does not exist within the console. The games are just coded with a region lock. When a region locked game is loaded on a console from another region, it will display an
    error message. If a game is region free, it does not look for what region the console comes from and continues to run. The region lock outs for Xbox 360 games these days are down to the publishers, nothing more.

Xbox One on the other hand has no regional lock outs at all for disc games. You can play any Xbox One game on any Xbox One console. There are certain region locks for downloads, but that has nothing to do with NTSC and PAL.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Can't Download Sleeping Dogs (Region Error)

Bios hock is region locked but not ntsc or pal region locked

Region locks don't always apply to games that's why we suggest your location match your actual region and buy consoles and games from your actual region
Thema:

Region Locked Games

1. Region Locked Games - Similar Threads - Region Locked Games

2. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people: to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on xbox even if it...
  3. Are Microsoft store games region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft store games region locked?: So I would like to buy the Witcher 3 GOTY edition from the MS UK store,but I live in Slovakia,will I be able to activate this code or is it region locked? d8964c0e-527c-4c9a-9f3a-3bb1fc16e6d6
  4. Are Game Pass codes region locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Game Pass codes region locked?: I am going to be gifted a 12 month subscription to game pass. It will be bought in the UK but my account is US. Will I be able to redeem this? 619014e9-04a5-4fc4-a45f-f4d62aa603c3
  5. Do games have a region lock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do games have a region lock?: Hi, I have a question. My grandma in England now and She want to buy a Xbox One game for me but I live in Turkey. If She buy game in UK, can I play this game in Turkey on my Xbox One console? Do...
  6. Are game pass codes region locked?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Are game pass codes region locked?: I was thinking about redeeming some of my Microsoft Rewards points to gift a friend Game Pass for Christmas, so them and their kids could enjoy more things to play, but they live in Canada, and...
  7. Games with Gold- Hitman: Blood Money region locked Canada?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold- Hitman: Blood Money region locked Canada?: I was trying to collect my games with gold, and when I click on Hitman, the popup says: Sorry This offer is not valid in your region. What is going on, why am I getting this now? I've never...
  8. Regional locked game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regional locked game: I need help a friend bought a gift GTA V but it's regional locked I can't redeem it 6b621a3c-1aab-47a2-a335-aa842634fb06
  9. DLC games - are they region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC games - are they region locked?: Hi, I live in Sweden and is planning to buy a Xbox One from Amazon germany. It comes bundled with Forza Horizon DLC and Hot Wheels DLC. Do you know if these codes are region locked, or if they...
  10. Destiny 2 Regional Lock Prevents users from accessing Real Game Version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Regional Lock Prevents users from accessing Real Game Version: Hi Gamers, I just want to share with you all, in case somebody is in the same predicament as myself and my husband and looking for answers. We are both die-hard Destiny players and followed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is xbox minecraft region locked