Registering new Xbox one

Discus and support Registering new Xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, newbie looking for some expert advice. My son in law and grandson both have an xbox one each. They share my son in law's Microsoft xbox account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Micciokolis, May 21, 2022.

1. Micciokolis
    Micciokolis Guest

Registering new Xbox one

Hi,
    newbie looking for some expert advice.

My son in law and grandson both have an xbox one each. They share my son in law's Microsoft xbox account. One of the Xbox ones no longer works so I bought my grandson a new one. Can I add the new Xbox one on to the existing account without deregistering the broken xbox? If so can you tell me how to do this please. You will make me and my grandson two very happy people if you are able to help.

:)

Micciokolis, May 21, 2022
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Registering new Xbox one

When you're running through the initial setup of the new Xbox, it will ask you to sign into an account, so all you need to do is sign into your son's account. The account being on 2 Xboxes already makes no difference.

If you are going to sell the broken Xbox for spares/repairs, it would be a good idea to change the password on your son's account first, then if the new owner of the broken Xbox manages to repair it, they wouldn't be able to access your son's account as they wouldn't know the new password.

Rather than sharing an account, it might be better for your grandson to have his own account, then he can have his own achievements and game saves, and when he's old enough, his own friends list, online purchases etc. It is possible for your grandson to still access the digital games and subscriptions purchased with your son's account, so he wouldn't have to buy his own copies of games and own subscriptions etc. If you want some advice on how to set that up, I can help you with that.
  3. haz2901 Win User

Xbox One - Day One Customers.

yeah you need to register the new console first, assuming you have already registered your original xbox one and the Kinect itself..
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Registering a new Xbox ?

Is this the site you're using to register your console? If it is, and you're not seeing the option there that you'd like to preform, I suggest giving phone support a call.
  5. xxDerPittsxx Win User

Registering a new Xbox ?

Yeah thats the site, I'll try entering it first then if I can't do what I want I'll call phone support. Thanks
  6. SleepiestSix320 Win User

Problem registering a device..

I am getting the EXACT same error when trying to register through xbox.com on my computer. The old xbox is still registered and showing up on the account, but when I attempt to register the new one; I get the aforementioned error.
Thema:

Registering new Xbox one

1. Registering new Xbox one - Similar Threads - Registering

2. Series s not registering purchased dlcs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series s not registering purchased dlcs: I'm on Xbox series s and I bought left 4 dead 2 with all 3 dlcs and "The Sacrifice" dlc in my manage section says "add-on doesn't need to be installed" but I load the game and it says I don't have...
  3. Game pass ultimate subscription doesn't register on my PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate subscription doesn't register on my PC.: Game pass ultimate subscription doesn't register on my PC so i am unable to download games and play from game pass. b4d5fc14-2e4d-4ec3-9624-5d5ffcb8ebd3
  4. Xbox Series X controller barely registering left analog stick when its pressed up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller barely registering left analog stick when its pressed up.: About 3 days ago, I started to notice that whenever I pushed my left stick to move up, sometimes, very briefly, it would register as if it was half the movement range I actually moved the stick to...
  5. Forgot password for Roblox account , did not register email or phone number on to it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forgot password for Roblox account , did not register email or phone number on to it.: Can not find password Tried at least 1000 times 9b168812-b794-4635-8f89-cd075711d20d
  6. Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed: Hi, I have an issue with my carbon black Series X controller. It seems to register that RT is pressed, in rapid succession, all the time. I've followed every repair step you can think of and the...
  7. Xbox controller registering start button when not being pushed down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller registering start button when not being pushed down: Hello, my question is exactly how it sounds. My controller is quite new, but I think the cause of this happening was me dropping my controller. I've tried updates to fix it and nothings worked....
  8. Xbox One/Series controller registering double press on A button on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One/Series controller registering double press on A button on Windows 10: Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with both of my controllers: Xbox One S and Xbox Series. Occasionally, with varying frequency, they register an "A" button press as a double-press, regardless of...
  9. My club not registering new members

in XBoX on Windows
    My club not registering new members: Club not registered new members ,have restarted console and reset console same problem 003694db-3e3a-4a1b-9127-558a41262649
  10. The A button on my new XBOX XS controller sometimes wont register it needs to be pressed 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my new XBOX XS controller sometimes wont register it needs to be pressed 2...: Was wonder i just got a brand new black controller for my new Series S console. I had this issue before since forever but now i think i might got a solution its only 1 button that keeps bothering...