Registering the Xbox1 Controller to the device

Discus and support Registering the Xbox1 Controller to the device in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've just purchased a new controller through Game, who now tell us it through a third party despite the fact we went on to the Game Website to purchase... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jamesstorr, Jan 7, 2019.

1. jamesstorr
    jamesstorr Guest

I've just purchased a new controller through Game, who now tell us it through a third party despite the fact we went on to the Game Website to purchase my sons controller. The Analogue Stick broke within hours of playing on the Xbox 1. Not stood on and literally
    whilst he's playing with his brother on Fortnite! I've contracted the company who said I need to contact Microsoft to get it repaired Registering the Xbox1 Controller to the device :(. How do I do this? I can see his xbox when I'm in his account but can't see from there where I register his new controller.
    In addition I'm sure it'll ask for a serial number or something? Where do I find this? Bar code with numbers either side of which neither state serial number. Please someone help me before I throw the stupid thing out of the window.!

:)

jamesstorr, Jan 7, 2019
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

To start a repair on a controller you will first need to register your console here via serial number:

https://support.microsoft.com/devices

Then select the option to repair an accessory and then you enter the serial number for your controller that is located inside the battery compartment of the controller.

In the USA the warranty for a controller is 90 days but in the EU I believe it's 1 year.

For further help with warranty repairs contact xbox support:
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello James,

First off, sorry for the issue with the controller. Reason people might of said it is a third party controller is on the Microsoft store itself there are some third party controllers advertised. So before go any further is the controller an official Microsoft
    controller. If it is like an afterglow, razer and Hyperkin. If your controller is a Microsoft controller you can go to

getting product serviced
    in the middle it says accessory which is what the controller is considered. Note there are no longer advanced exchanges. As the ambassadors mentioned the serial number is inside the battery compartment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

The serialnumber is on the inside of the battery compartment. Log on to you microsoft account. Look for the tap that has your devices and you can add it there then select request repair
  5. jamesstorr Win User

Thanks for those replies. The device is registered on the account. I click the following:

1. My Microsoft Account
    2. Obvious Choice 'Devices'
    3. He appears to have three devices. I've located the correct device and selected 'Manage'.
    4. It then takes me to a different screen but again the same devices shown.
    5. Selected 'Show Details'
    6. Selected 'Register Xbox' but it is already Registered
    Here is where I get stuck as when it takes you through this it only appears to want to register the device. It won't let me do this as it is already registered.

I'm clearly not doing something right but can someone help!

I'm not patient nor a gamer!
  6. Joc Holliday Win User

Xbox One-s Controller Volume Greyed Out

Get a usb cable and plug the controller into the Xbox and go to settings Kinect and Devices and go to Devices and accessory

Select the controller and make sure its doesn't have any pending updates for the controller.

If you just brought the Xbox, you can send it into Xbox to get serviced. By going to account.microsoft.com > Devices and registering the device
Thema:

1. Registering the Xbox1 Controller to the device - Similar Threads - Registering Xbox1 Controller

2. Game Pass Quests - Achievements not registering correctly

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game Pass Quests - Achievements not registering correctly: Seem to be having problems completing the Wolfenstein II quest - have picked up 4 achievements for the game in the last two days, however the Wolfenstein quest isn't really reflecting this. It...
  3. External hard drive not registering

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not registering: Frustrated this is our second external hard drive that the XBox isn't showing in the storage area? I am at my breaking point to throw the system out my door. We have the X Box S the white system...
  4. مشكلة في تسجيل حسابي في الاكس بوكس [Translation - Problem registering my Xbox account]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    مشكلة في تسجيل حسابي في الاكس بوكس [Translation - Problem registering my Xbox account]: أشتريت اكس بوكس جديد ولدي حساب سجلت الايميل والباسورد ثم تأثي اتفاقية وشروط الجهاز اوافق عليها ثم فجأة تطلع رسالة هناك خطأ ولا اعرف سبب المشكلة وماني عارف اللعب للان [Translation - I bought a...
  5. Can't register a device on Microsoft Support "Device service and repair"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't register a device on Microsoft Support "Device service and repair": Hello, my elite controller is still under warranty. I tried to register it on the Microsoft support website but there's this error when I finish : We’re sorry. We are unable to process your...
  6. Game Pass Quests not registering achievements

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game Pass Quests not registering achievements: Hi. I got three achievements in Operancia today and only one has registered in the April Game Pass quest. I also got two achievements in Headlander and none have registered. Any clues? Thanks....
  7. Analog DVD Captions not registering and Kinect causing 3D intrference

in XBoX Accessibility
    Analog DVD Captions not registering and Kinect causing 3D intrference: 2 issues with the Xbox One Blu Ray player. 1) When I put a DVD (either original, or recorded) in my DVD player that’s attached to my Satellite/Antenna TV, the closed captions seems to come out...
  8. Can I register an xbox elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I register an xbox elite controller?: If I can, please advise. Thanks 8564a33a-6169-457e-8d9b-c764c35d478c
  9. Ea Access doesnt register me having anthem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ea Access doesnt register me having anthem: I tried to get the free 10 hour trial of anthem through ea access and tried to download it through ea access. it just said download error and brought me to the microsoft store where it said to...
  10. Registering an Elite controller without an Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Registering an Elite controller without an Xbox: How do I register an Elite controller without having a console? I originally had one of the original elite controller. I used it on every variant of Xbox since it launched. The grips came off and...