Regular Xbox One Controller Vibration

Discus and support Regular Xbox One Controller Vibration in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys! Soooo for the past few years I have been purchasing the Xbox Wireless Controller – Armed Forces II Special Edition because I like the color.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xTheWarfighters, May 9, 2019.

1. Regular Xbox One Controller Vibration

Hi guys!

Soooo for the past few years I have been purchasing the Xbox Wireless Controller – Armed Forces II Special Edition because I like the color. I just recently purchased another one because the one button was acting up and Gamestop accidentally sent me the
    black/silver/grey one. Upon setting it up and using it, I realized that on the black/grey one the vibration was REALLY hard. It like jumps in my hand while I am using it, and it's really annoying. The Xbox Wireless Controller – Armed Forces II Special Edition
    had a softer vibration.

They are both in the same family, why is it so different? Is there a setting that I am not aware of that changes the level of vibration?

What I've Done:

I went to the game menu, vibration and fiddled with that, it either turns it off or on.

I also went to ease of access, controller vibration settings, on and off and fiddled with that on it's own and with the settings above - nothing, it's either off or really high vibrations.

:)

xTheWarfighters, May 9, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there
    xTheWarfighters,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One controller Vibration.Thanks
    for letting us know about the issue. We will be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further
    assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  3. xTheWarfighters Win User

Queen: lol my mom literally said the same thing about new controllers having notable vibration and maybe my older one's vibration wore out!

I guess I just gotta get used to it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Elite controllers have some sort of a level for vibrations? I haven't purchased one just yet, but I thought I heard something about that!

Thanks for the help!

Diego: Yep! I played CODBO4, I even switched them as I was playing lol. They are very different.

Ah well. Thanks anyway guys.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    xTheWarfighters

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums.

Only the Xbox One Wireless Elite controller is able to modify the vibration levels through the Xbox Accessories app, but I do know that many games have different vibration levels designed into the game. Are you playing the same game as a comparison between
    the vibration levels of both controllers?

The softer vibration could just be from wear and tear since the vibration on a new controller can be rather strong. If the vibration is more of an annoyance than beneficial, it may be better to just have it off. Personally I play all of my games without
    vibration because I feel it as more of a distraction, but again that's a preference that is different for everyone.
  5. Queen of Misery Win User

From my own gaming experience, newer controllers always had a notable vibration. Like mentioned above, the wear and tear of a controller might cause its vibration to be softer. Some games have different vibration patterns, too. For example, when I first
    started playing GTA V on the Xbox One, the vibration was so annoying to me. Of course I eventually got used to it, but it just felt weirder than other games.
  6. baltyofgod Win User

Vibration

Change controller vibration on Xbox One
    Press the Xbox button to open the Panel, then select System > Settings.
    Select Accessibility > Controller, then select Vibration Settings.
    Choose the controller you want to edit and select Configure.
    For an Elite Xbox controller, select the configuration profile you want to edit. Then Select Edit > Vibrate and move scrollable sliders to adjust vibration settings.
    For the Xbox Wireless controller, select Enable Vibration to turn controller vibration on or off.
Thema:

1. Regular Xbox One Controller Vibration - Similar Threads - Regular Controller Vibration

2. Can I register a regular xbox one controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I register a regular xbox one controller?: I got a new regular controller for Christmas. the receipt is lost and my controller keeps losing connection wirelessly. I don't see where I can register my controller under devices....
  3. Why don't regular Xbox One controllers work with the Xbox Accessories app on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't regular Xbox One controllers work with the Xbox Accessories app on PC?: Title says it all. It works with regular controllers on the Xbox, but not on the PC. It seems like a completely arbitrary restriction or they forgot about it. 3fd19272-d29b-476e-9cb6-462dcc85a3ef
  4. Xbox one S black screen, xbox controller flashes at regular intervals

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S black screen, xbox controller flashes at regular intervals: Hello ! (sorry for my bad english, i'm french) I have a problem with my xbox one s, my console is conneted by HDMI on my tv, but when i turn on my xbox, i have a black screen and on my xbox...
  5. Do you know if a regular Xbox One controller will work on an Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you know if a regular Xbox One controller will work on an Xbox One S?: Hello, I have this fairly expensive custom controller for my Xbox One, but I'm thinking about buying an Xbox One S. I was just wondering if i spent all that money and it's just going to go to...
  6. Can't connect regular controller to a Call of Duty: MW3 Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect regular controller to a Call of Duty: MW3 Console: My kids received a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - XBOX 360 Console for Christmas. It was bought from a Gaming Store, and had only one MW 3 controller with it. They were given a regular (plain...
  7. Will a Regular Black 3.5MM Xbox One Controller Work on Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Regular Black 3.5MM Xbox One Controller Work on Xbox One S?: I have just purchased the Xbox One S Gears Of War 4 Limited Edition and I purchased the Gears Of War 4 Limited Edition Elite controller for it as well. My old controller is a standard Black 3.5MM...
  8. Regular Xbox One Controller for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regular Xbox One Controller for Xbox One S: Hi, I ordered an regular xbox one controller for my Xbox One S, and I am having trouble connecting it. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks 121653a2-b214-4a69-8df0-4070a346ef5f
  9. ChatPad stopped working on Elite controller after update; never worked on regular controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    ChatPad stopped working on Elite controller after update; never worked on regular controller: I just got my ChatPad in the mail and it worked fine with my Elite controller, but connecting it to my regular controller (with 3.5mm jack) resulted in the orange LED flashing. I updated both...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Being Recognized as a Regular Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Being Recognized as a Regular Controller: Hello all, My Xbox One Elite Controller is being recognized as a regular controller and it will not update. In the Xbox system settings under devices it is listed as a "Xbox One Wireless...