Reinstall problem

Discus and support Reinstall problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe and it would not turn on, so I uninstalled it with the intent of a fresh install, but now the Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AugustineWhite, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Reinstall problem

I own Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe and it would not turn on, so I uninstalled it with the intent of a fresh install, but now the Microsoft Store will not let me do the install. It recognizes that I own the game and opens the dialog to choose the install location, I leave the location at default, then click install and nothing happens. The game was working just fine until 2 days ago.

PC: i5 intel, 16 gig ram, nVidia Geforce GTX 1660 (drivers current), 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD (cannot install to either disk - SSD is primary)

Windows: Ver 2004 (1904.804)

Thanks,

Augustine

:)

AugustineWhite, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Mister Mascot Win User

(PLEASE HELP) Reinstallation Problems

Hey there KluTcHxMoNSteRx,

Sorry to hear about the installation stopped error on the Xbox One console, let's have you try the steps on this guide

HERE
    and see if it helps.

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  3. Porschesgt10 Win User

XBOX App - Problems after reinstall

Hi and thanks for reaching out to us, after a quick search I have found this for you to try.

If the hard drive had windows installed on it, right click on the 'users' folder and select properties. If it is simply an external hard drive then right click on the root folder that contains all folders and select properties.

'Open the Security tab, remove all accounts apart from your own account and the 'administrators' account

Assign yourself full control

Under the 'advanced' tab select change permissions, select your account and select edit

Select clear all then select full control. Ensure the 'apply to' tab reads 'this folder, subfolder and files'.

Select the tickbox named 'apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only' and click ok

Make sure the box labelled 'include inheritable permissions from this object's parent' is UNTICKED and tick the box underneath saying 'replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object' and click ok

Apply these settings and exit out of properties. Then, within the advanced tab in security, select owner and 'replace owner on subcontainers and object'. Apply this and try to delete the folders again.

If this doesn't work, try making yourself the owner first and then applying these settings.

If still nothing, download something called unlocker for windows.

You can use this to delete certain folders that windows does not allow you to delete. Be aware when downloading this software it will ask to install other useless software, ensure that you only install unlocker.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/458456-unable-to-delete-folders-from-external-drive

From this site.

Give it a go and let us know

Zed
  4. Gausor Win User

XBOX App - Problems after reinstall

Thank you very much. I used the Tool you mentioned after i struggled to set all the flags right. Deletion happened after restarting the PC, but it works and that's fine. Just bad from MS, that you are not able to just set the folder in the XBOX App and
    get the installed Apps back.
  5. nickisullivan13 Win User

Forza 5 update and reinstall problem

Disconnect the internet, cancel installation and redo the disk install. once that's done, hook it back up to the internet and it'll prompt you to download the game update
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Forza 5 update and reinstall problem

Hey there vMissRawrr!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
Thema:

Reinstall problem

1. Reinstall problem - Similar Threads - Reinstall problem

2. Console reinstalling game that’s already installed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console reinstalling game that’s already installed?: I was trying to play call of duty and it wouldnt let me sign into their online servers. Then it said somthing about an update. I went to my queue and now its making me reinstall all 104GB.... are...
  3. Xbox Kinect sport rivals requires me to reinstall the game to make Kinect work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Kinect sport rivals requires me to reinstall the game to make Kinect work: Hi everyone my wife and i have to reinstall the Kinect sports rivals game before every play session or elder the Kinect won’t pick us up. After reinstalling Kinect works only for the first time...
  4. XBOX App - Problems after reinstall

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX App - Problems after reinstall: Hello, yesterday i had to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. As a result the XBOX App was uninstalled, but my Games, installed on other drives were still there. After i successfully reinstalled...
  5. Installation stopped reinstalling games from xbox library and download problem from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped reinstalling games from xbox library and download problem from...: My games are non discs but downloaded from Microsoft store. I have done everything to get my uninstalled games from my library to be installed. Even reset to factory settings and still the problem...
  6. have the problem that the games simply reinstall themselves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have the problem that the games simply reinstall themselves: The Games of my Girlfriend reinstall themselves without deleting... please help... ff92929e-5f24-453a-a20e-963d564ee020
  7. (PLEASE HELP) Reinstallation Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (PLEASE HELP) Reinstallation Problems: So there are a couple of games that I have on disc that I have downloaded and deleted and want to reinstall again. However for every disc I try to reinstall It just keeps saying "installation...
  8. Problems downloading/installaing/uninstalling to reinstall Zheros

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems downloading/installaing/uninstalling to reinstall Zheros: Have been struggling to download free games with gold Zheros for the xbox one. The game would not "play" ie. kept returning to the xbox main front menus... I thought to remedy this by...
  9. problem to reinstall skyrim's expansion pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem to reinstall skyrim's expansion pack: I had already installed this expansion pack and all it worked; then I unistalled everything, and now when I try to reinstall the expansion pack it says it requires an update, but immediately after...
  10. Problems with reinstalling 7 days to die

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with reinstalling 7 days to die: it says I don't own the game wich I do I go t the game on the 1 of July it's quite annoying could someone help me a70e4cd5-1f5e-4d56-a216-9db073afc127