Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble

Discus and support Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had XBox Gamepass installed for Windows with a few games downloaded. I stored all games on my E: drive, not my C: drive. I had to do a windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GaryWattson, Oct 6, 2019.

1. GaryWattson
    GaryWattson Guest

I had XBox Gamepass installed for Windows with a few games downloaded. I stored all games on my E: drive, not my C: drive.

I had to do a windows reset which removed the XBox Gamepass from my C drive. I've reinstalled it but it doesn't recognize any of my previous downloaded games on my E drive. When I try to re download games to me E drive I have to change where new apps are
    saved to (HATE that about Gamepass BTW, just let just choose where games are DLed like every other launcher, not all apps) but it won't let me select the E Drive. It says:

Delete Other Apps?

This Drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue? Yes No

I select yes and I get this:

We couldn't set your default save location.

The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.

The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.

Long story short the XBox App won't recognize my previous DLed games and I can't access or delete my previous DLed games because I don't have permission to alter the old files (Thanks Windows!!).

So how do I either get the App to see the previous DLed games or delete the old "apps" (AKA games) on my E drive so I can re download my games onto that drive?

:)

GaryWattson, Oct 6, 2019
  2. GaryWattson Win User

3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. Mister Cizl Win User

Warum kann ich mich seit 3 Tagen nicht mehr einloggen?

Hey KaterHuerde67! Give a reinstall a try and see if it helps. Steps can be found

here
    . Post back and let me know how it goes!
  5. AWKW4RDxPANDA Win User

PC Gamepass

Every time I get an 0x80070005 code I had to uninstall the last Windows/Xbox Game Pass App update and reinstall. For some reason that always seems to do the trick for me. In fact I had to do it last night when it suddenly shut down My Time at Portia
    on me mid game. Every time I tried to relaunch the game it would give me the 0x80070005 error code or try to pull up a Microsoft store page. Once I did the uninstall and reinstall of the most recent update, it worked fine.
    You uninstalled and resintalled the windows update or the gamepass update?. I'm glad it works for you though.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Xbox one accessories app won’t create profile

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. Can you give us a bit more information about this issue? Are you having trouble creating a button mapping profile on the Xbox Accessories App? Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling
    the app itself? What kind of controller is it that you're trying to set up?
    How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
Thema:

1. Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble - Similar Threads - Reinstalled windows Gamepass

2. Reinstalled windows and now I cant get into my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled windows and now I cant get into my account: So after reinstalling Windows, I can't sign in to my old account. The "new" account displays my name correctly but my Gamertag isn't the one I used before. Also, I am missing the game for which I...
  3. Reinstalling all of the xbox applications on my windows 10 pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalling all of the xbox applications on my windows 10 pc: how can I reinstall the xbox applications on my windows 10 pc. I inadvertently uninstalled them and after the fact ran a registry cleaner so I don't have any vestiges of xbox on my pc at all....
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 and Install Forza 7 and the car i buy Gone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 10 and Install Forza 7 and the car i buy Gone: Hi , i reinstall Windows 10 ( Format ) and install Forza 7 again via Store, my progress is gone. The cars I bought disappeared Can you help me Thanks Best Regards Ricardo M...
  5. Unable to use or reinstall taptiles on windows 10 1703

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to use or reinstall taptiles on windows 10 1703: I am using windows 10 1703 and since the upgrade I have been unable to use taptiles. So today I deleted it and tried to reinstall it but it fails with Code: 0x80072F8F....
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition won't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition won't reinstall: Hi, I would like some help on this. I deleted Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for the latest update but when I went to reinstall it in my Library, the download button wasn't there?...
  7. Reinstall of Windows 10 lost my puzzle packs and unused points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reinstall of Windows 10 lost my puzzle packs and unused points: I gather this is a waste of time since MS doesn't seem to answer any questions here, but... MS tech spt reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. I reinstalled Jigsaw, but all my point and puzzle...
  8. reinstall minecraft windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    reinstall minecraft windows 10: I have previously purchased minecraft and now it some how has gotten deleted. please help 144ff958-35de-47c5-95bc-350e2475dc8d
  9. Reinstalling Halo 5 Forge after Windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reinstalling Halo 5 Forge after Windows reinstall: I have reinstalled windows on my PC and already have Halo 5: Forge downloaded on my PC. I can actually navigate to the folder it is installed to. When I go to the app store to try to reinstall it,...
  10. Deleted windows 10 games it was not responding, can't figure out how to reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted windows 10 games it was not responding, can't figure out how to reinstall: Went to windows store to reinstall, it says YOU HAVE THIS. How do I reinstall my games? b6a7ac92-0ab9-4479-acdb-21b5a23bd01b