Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble

Discus and support Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had XBox Gamepass installed for Windows with a few games downloaded. I stored all games on my E: drive, not my C: drive. I had to do a windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GaryWattson, Oct 6, 2019.

1. GaryWattson
    GaryWattson Guest

I had XBox Gamepass installed for Windows with a few games downloaded. I stored all games on my E: drive, not my C: drive.

I had to do a windows reset which removed the XBox Gamepass from my C drive. I've reinstalled it but it doesn't recognize any of my previous downloaded games on my E drive. When I try to re download games to me E drive I have to change where new apps are
    saved to (HATE that about Gamepass BTW, just let just choose where games are DLed like every other launcher, not all apps) but it won't let me select the E Drive. It says:

Delete Other Apps?

This Drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue? Yes No

I select yes and I get this:

We couldn't set your default save location.

The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.

The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.

Long story short the XBox App won't recognize my previous DLed games and I can't access or delete my previous DLed games because I don't have permission to alter the old files (Thanks Windows!!).

So how do I either get the App to see the previous DLed games or delete the old "apps" (AKA games) on my E drive so I can re download my games onto that drive?

:)

GaryWattson, Oct 6, 2019
  2. GaryWattson Win User

3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. Mister Cizl Win User

Warum kann ich mich seit 3 Tagen nicht mehr einloggen?

Hey KaterHuerde67! Give a reinstall a try and see if it helps. Steps can be found

here
    . Post back and let me know how it goes!
  5. AWKW4RDxPANDA Win User

PC Gamepass

Every time I get an 0x80070005 code I had to uninstall the last Windows/Xbox Game Pass App update and reinstall. For some reason that always seems to do the trick for me. In fact I had to do it last night when it suddenly shut down My Time at Portia
    on me mid game. Every time I tried to relaunch the game it would give me the 0x80070005 error code or try to pull up a Microsoft store page. Once I did the uninstall and reinstall of the most recent update, it worked fine.
    You uninstalled and resintalled the windows update or the gamepass update?. I'm glad it works for you though.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Xbox one accessories app won’t create profile

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. Can you give us a bit more information about this issue? Are you having trouble creating a button mapping profile on the Xbox Accessories App? Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling
    the app itself? What kind of controller is it that you're trying to set up?
    How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
Thema:

1. Reinstalled windows, XBox Gamepass giving me trouble - Similar Threads - Reinstalled windows Gamepass

2. I Can't Reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    I Can't Reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10: Hello, A few weeks ago I unrolled form the beta version of Minecraft Windows 10 and when I went to reinstall it it starts downloading until it hits 1.84mb the it says it starts installing then...
  3. I cant reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition on my new computer

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition on my new computer: As you can see I have Minecraft installed on my old computer [img] but when I go to the Microsoft Store installed tab it does not appear [img] To be clear I have purchased Minecraft...
  4. Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.: Hi community, I have reinstalled Windows by only formatting my C: drive. I had my XBOX ( BETA) games installed in my other drives but now the app tells me I have no games installed. How can I...
  5. Reinstall of Windows 10 and XBOX Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstall of Windows 10 and XBOX Beta app: I recently had to reinstall windows 10 (MBR corrupt on my C: drive) and with that, came a fresh install of the XBOX Beta application. Prior to the reinstall, I had numerous games installed on a...
  6. Rediscover games on Xbox beta app after reinstalling windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Rediscover games on Xbox beta app after reinstalling windows: Hi all. After a hardware upgrade I had to reinstall windows to fix some audio problems that happened from the upgrade. I have reinstalled most of my apps and softwares without much issue,...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10 worlds lost after reinstalling

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 worlds lost after reinstalling: A few months back, I had a cool Minecraft world that I started with a few of my friends. We had a lot of stuff in it and a bunch of memories too. But suddenly, my Minecraft had some problems, so I...
  8. Minecraft for Windows 10 Will Not Reinstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Will Not Reinstall: I got windows 10 edition of minecraft when it was a free beta. It stopped working today, so I uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall it, it didn't even try to install. Please help I'm just...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 edition - worlds disappeared after reinstallating the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition - worlds disappeared after reinstallating the game: After checking this forum, where I read that you could reinstall the game and not lose anything (unless you deleted things manually in the game, which I didn't), I uninstalled the game and then...
  10. Reinstalled windows and now I cant get into my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled windows and now I cant get into my account: So after reinstalling Windows, I can't sign in to my old account. The "new" account displays my name correctly but my Gamertag isn't the one I used before. Also, I am missing the game for which I...