Releasing old GT

Discus and support Releasing old GT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I am wanting to simplify my gamertag. The one I would like to switch to has 0 gamerscore and has only one game associated with it that was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hidden klmm, Sep 28, 2019.

1. hidden klmm
    hidden klmm Guest

Releasing old GT

Hi there,

I am wanting to simplify my gamertag. The one I would like to switch to has 0 gamerscore and has only one game associated with it that was sold in 2007 for Xbox 360. What are the chances that this would be released?

PS. I am aware of the recent GT changes with the numeric suffix; I am looking to acquire one without the suffix.

Thanks!

:)

hidden klmm, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Releasing old GT

As of August 30,2019, if a person does not use their Microsoft account for 2 years, it will be closed which should free up the gamertag as well. So it would still be a couple of years before it would be freed up by Microsoft. Otherwise, the person who
    owns the tag would need to change it to something else in order to free it up. Since the tag system is in use on other Microsoft services as well, there's really no way to know for sure how active a person is.
  3. Epic Louie Win User

Releasing old GT

They did a mass release of gamertags a few years back. Not sure if or when they'll do another.
  4. bowski477 Win User

Recycling period?

The old account with that GT will still exist unless you pay to change the GT on the old account. Accounts cannot be closed or deleted.

Or if you don't log into that previous account for 5 years the GT can be released.
  5. Smwutches Win User

GT Release

There is nothing you can do but wait. The gamertag will only be freed up if the original owner changes the tag to something else, or if they don't sign in for 5 years (starting in 2016) it will be released. Keep in mind that the tag system is in use on other
    Microsoft services, so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use somewhere else.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Xbox Gamertag Help

The enforcement team does not look at these forums. If a GT is already taken, regardless of the fact of inactivity, it cannot be chosen by another player. MS has released old tags in the past but they do not alert players when or what tags are released.
Thema:

Releasing old GT

1. Releasing old GT - Similar Threads - Releasing old

2. October 16th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (1911.191012-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    October 16th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (1911.191012-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  3. October 16th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (1911.191013-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    October 16th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (1911.191013-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  4. October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191011-2100)

in XboX Insiders
    October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191011-2100): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  5. October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (1911.191009-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (1911.191009-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  6. October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (1911.191012-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    October 14th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (1911.191012-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  7. October 11th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191010-0522)

in XboX Insiders
    October 11th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191010-0522): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  8. Help release the busy nickname from my old deleted account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help release the busy nickname from my old deleted account: My nickname "SanyaBlink" was registered to an old email account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** This account I deleted and registered a new one,but after...
  9. New release, old problems with Xbox One Controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New release, old problems with Xbox One Controller: This is a driver problem. I always had this problem with Xbox One Wired Controller. The driver installed when I plug the controller, doesn't work. The controller appears with the "danger" icon in...
  10. Releasing Old Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Releasing Old Gamertags: Hey xbox, I've found hundreds of inactive old gamertags. And I was wondering if you guys could release a lot of them... I've been searching for recycled ones, but I think they are all taken. I...