Remote Download - Default Xbox

Discus and support Remote Download - Default Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Have never had an issue downloading from the Xbox App or Game Pass App prior to this. Went to remotely download from Game Pass app but said I needed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaptCanary, Oct 7, 2019.

1. CaptCanary
    CaptCanary Guest

Have never had an issue downloading from the Xbox App or Game Pass App prior to this.

Went to remotely download from Game Pass app but said I needed to select a default Xbox in setting, but none to select from. Message said to sign in an an Xbox to make it default.

Signing in again on Xbox did nothing. Deleted and reinstalled app did nothing. Changed settings back to energy saving, no remote downloads and not set as home Xbox, turned off, changed back to correct settings, turned off and back on, still did nothing.

Cleared persistent storage, removed profile and relogged in hasn’t worked either.

Now tried remotely downloading from normal Xbox app and desktop website and also says no default Xbox, but it is listed as my devices and the Xbox app is also linked to it perfectly fine.

Have tried across Android and iOS too.

Online support unable to offer assistance as said a reset not fixing it shows it isn’t a console issue?!?!

Any other suggestions?

:)

CaptCanary, Oct 7, 2019
  2. CaptCanary Win User

After leaving it unplugged at the wall overnight and turning on again in the morning, the console was listed again on the app for remote downloading.

Strange that resets and turning off didn’t produce the same results. Coincidence perhaps?

Either way, at least it is ok now.
  3. CaptCanary Win User

Hi - yes, did the power cycle using that method when changing the settings each time.

The fact that the device is on my Xbox app and listed amongst all my MS devices on my account shows it's recognised, so not sure where the issue stems from to stop it being listed as able to download to. Its like the system settings aren't recognising that
    the permissions are all set up correctly.

Seems to be reported by other people across the MS forums and Reddit, but no answers on how to resolve.
  4. L Dubs89 Win User

Hmm, when you turned your console off did you do a Power cycle, by holding the power button down for 10 seconds?
  5. CaptCanary Win User

Sorry but these are all steps I tried and mentioned in the original post, which didn't work.
  6. CaptCanary Win User

Afraid this didn’t work either.

Posters on other forums have tried a full factory reset, which also didn’t do the job.
Thema:

1. Remote Download - Default Xbox - Similar Threads - Remote Download Default

2. I can not download games remotely on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not download games remotely on my xbox one: The console is well configured but it does not appear when I want to download a game from the web in my work. My PC appears and I can download games remotely but in my xbox does not. I don´t know...
  3. Check download progress remotely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Check download progress remotely: In my settings, there is a setting to view download progress on my xbox from my phone or ther device. How dp i do that? 1c5c1020-7e47-4781-b355-babb05d82d31
  4. Remote downloads not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote downloads not working: I recently entered a code for COD WW2 onto xbox.com and despite all the settings being correct on my Xbox One S the game didn't automatically download nor did it appear on my Ready To Install tab...
  5. Can't remote download a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't remote download a game.: Hello, Xbox website happily informs me I haven't got a payment option on record so I can't start a remote download of a game I'm after. However, the game is free, it costs no money. Clearly...
  6. Automatic downloads remotely via app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic downloads remotely via app: been having problems with remote downloads I purchase via app not installing to console they just go to ready to install. But when I restart Xbox one s the downloads will start. Also I can never...
  7. Remote purchases not automatically downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote purchases not automatically downloading: Hi all, Sorry if this has been discussed before but i've done a search and nothing relevant turned up. I was under the impression that if i bought games, content, etc remotely ie: from...
  8. Smart glass Remote download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smart glass Remote download issues: i am having the same issue my question is though, is when i go to the xb1 store it shows the game i bought on the app isnt purchased. will i be charged for the game again if i just download it to...
  9. Smart glass Remote download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smart glass Remote download issues: Hello, I have attempted multiple times to download games and demos using the Xbox smart glass app -- however it never turns my Xbox on and automatically downloads despite having all the options...
  10. Remote Downloads: Only Download, no Installation?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Downloads: Only Download, no Installation?: I have a question about Remote Downloads on Xbox One. Both times ive tried it (at Work via Windows-8-Smartglass-App) the Games has been downloaded on the Xbox One at home but not installied....