Remote play and backward compatibility

Discus and support Remote play and backward compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know if or when it will be possible to stream backward compatible (original/Xbox 360) games with remote play? Would really like to get some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RickStalker, Sep 16, 2021.

1. RickStalker
    RickStalker Guest

Does anyone know if or when it will be possible to stream backward compatible (original/Xbox 360) games with remote play? Would really like to get some Xbox 360 games working on my phone. Or anyone at Microsoft know if this is in the works?

:)

RickStalker, Sep 16, 2021
  2. RickStalker Win User

I'm sure there is an explanation, I just found a list of old games that apparently work with remote play. I have never used xcloud but will look into it, although if it is not on mobile then it is not really related to my question as I can just play the old games on my actual Xbox.
  3. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you?

So far we still don't know if this will ever be possible.
  4. SamQY Win User

I'm not sure, there's no explanation for this, but it sure has some limitation. At least we can run some Xbox 360 games on xCloud.
  5. RickStalker Win User

Thanks for the prompt reply, doing well thanks. Struggling to understand why, is this a licencing issue? Or are backward compatible games being emulated to an extent that streaming would exhaust the processor? Upon launching remote play the backward comp games will remain open and playing for a brief moment and then close, making it seem as though it should be possible to an average user.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Games

Hey there!

There is many older games that you can play on your Xbox One S. Click on the following link for more information on backwards compatible games. There is a huge list of Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Backwards Compatible Games

For more information on Playing Backwards Compatible games go ahead and follow the link below.

Playing backwards-compatible games on your Xbox One

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Remote play and backward compatibility - Similar Threads - Remote play backward

2. Does anybody face the connection issue with xbox remote play on win 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody face the connection issue with xbox remote play on win 10?: Hi all, I wanted to give the remote play a shot for recording and streaming, both connected to 75mbps full duplex 5G , the connection strength is good on both the PC and the Xbox then again I'm...
  3. Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S): I try to connect to my console in my xbox desktop app, I have windows 10, I even tried to reinstall it, connect everything via ethernet wires, and nothing has worked, I tested with another...
  4. Latency with sound during remote play

in XboX Insiders
    Latency with sound during remote play: It’s seems that while input latency is noticeable, but decent, sounds are much more delayed, which kinda breaks the immersion, especially in f1 2020. Is this a known issue? submitted by...
  5. Remote play broke on Delta (again)

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play broke on Delta (again): Well, the new Delta update broke remote play (again). Had to reboot my xbox to get connected. But when you disconnect it won't reconnect. XBox app (windows 10) also reports the xbox not running....
  6. Remote play from my PC Only works when TV is turned on.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play from my PC Only works when TV is turned on.: I have XBOX series X connected to TV , and XBOX is connected with ethernet cable. in xbox setting remote play availability check says all green. when I tried remote play on my android phone or...
  7. Is it me, or is the remote play for the xbox series complete garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    Is it me, or is the remote play for the xbox series complete garbage.: It totally looks like it's like 640x480 not the 720p they're promising, even if it's 720p it looks blurry as all hecc. Why release a product that only support 720p.... What for phones?! submitted...
  8. Unable to add Xbox Series X to Xbox app for remote play features unless external HDDs are...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to add Xbox Series X to Xbox app for remote play features unless external HDDs are...: This one threw me for a loop today. I spent the majority of the morning trying to get my console to show up in the consoles section of the Xbox app. I tried all the mobile devices in my house and...
  9. Xbox Series Backward Compatibility for Remote Play

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Series Backward Compatibility for Remote Play: It still states on the Remote Play section of the Xbox Series website that backward compatible games are not currently able to be played when using remote play on your devices. Surely this is...
  10. Xbox Remote Play - Backwards Compatibility games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Remote Play - Backwards Compatibility games: Anyone know the current stance on backwards compatibility titles being available to stream via REMOTE play? Currently you can play these titles on the windows 10 companion app. Anyone know if this...