Remote Play button configuration

Discus and support Remote Play button configuration in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, I have created a custom profile for the gamepad on my Xbox Series X. I needed to swap X button with Y button as I feel it more convenient this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by BoyanTodorov, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BoyanTodorov
    BoyanTodorov Guest

Hello,

I have created a custom profile for the gamepad on my Xbox Series X. I needed to swap X button with Y button as I feel it more convenient this way. When I play connected to the console all works fine.

However when I use Remote Play the buttons are not swapped and are like they are by default, which is very inconvenient to play.

Is there any solution to have the same gamepad configuration via Remote Play as it is created on the Xbox Console?

:)

BoyanTodorov, Jul 22, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

I understand, in this case, if you are on a mobile device, as I said, the remapping of the control will not work, as it does not have the accessory app for changing the buttons. Remapping will only work on your computer or your Xbox.
  3. BoyanTodorov Win User

Hi Mateus,

Thanks for the quick reply. I really meant a smartphone.

I understand it is not possible which is unfortunate.

Do you know if there will be Xbox Accessories app for smartphone/tablets on Android?
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Unfortunately, I don't have this information, but please stay tuned on our official Xbox news sites, like Xbox Wire, they are always updating us on new things coming to the Xbox ecosystem.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Matthew. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, I'm sorry for what's happening, if you're on a computer it's possible, in this case, you'll be using the accessories application, for that follow the procedure below.

To change configuration and remap the buttons on your Xbox controller, it is not mandatory to be done from the console. For players using their controls on the PC, remapping or profiling can be done directly on the computer. For that just:

Download or run the "Xbox Accessories" app;

Stick your control on the PC;

After being recognized, click on configure;

The next screen will be the same as if you were using the console;

Make your changes and save.

If you are on a mobile device such as a smartphone, it will not be possible, as it does not have the accessory app.

For more information about remote access please visit the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  6. digitalKiva Win User

Feature Request: Boot directly to Live TV.

I agree with this suggestion. Or atleast have a dedicated "button" that I could program in my remote to switch to live TV full-screen. I use a Harmony remote and would love to program something into the remote to put the XBox One in TV mode when I press
    the "Watch TV" button on my remote and have the XBox One goto the dashboard when I press the "Play Games" button on my remote.
Thema:

1. Remote Play button configuration - Similar Threads - Remote Play button

2. Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord: I’m trying to play on my iPhone with remote play through Xbox app while using Discord for audio chat. With Discord on background the audio from the Xbox app is no longer heard. How can I solve...
  3. Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting: Remote play was lagging 2 days ago and now is not connecting to my Xbox submitted by /u/rescuereli1 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play: Ok so I'm new to the remote play aspect. I have a Bluetooth controller and the Xbox app downloaded. I have gone thru the setup also. Where can I find which games are playable on my phone? So far...
  5. Xbox Remote Play - Directional buttons don't work?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Remote Play - Directional buttons don't work?: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a similar issue? For whatever reason the directional buttons (d-pad and/or left analog) aren't recognised as inputs when remote playing to my...
  6. Xbox button not working on iOS during remote play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox button not working on iOS during remote play: Currently on the latest beta firmware and the the Xbox button on the controller is not being recognized during remote play session. Currently using the latest ios 14.5 beta. The on screen Xbox...
  7. Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen: Here recently ive been battling with remote play, anywhere from it not connecting at all to the analogs and d-pad not working because I guess I needed to disable some accessibility settings? (...
  8. Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything: When i launch remote play i can move the controller around and thr selector moves through the menu as expected. When i press the A button, it shows the attempt to select but nothing launches. My...
  9. New Twitch app update - bad 15m auto dim & xbox remote control forward/play/pause buttons ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Twitch app update - bad 15m auto dim & xbox remote control forward/play/pause buttons ...: The new Twitch app update that I had to install last night has some major issues, that make the experience worse then it was before: - The screen dims after about 10/15 mins. - I can no longer...
  10. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.: As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I roll back this update or update the media...