Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything

Discus and support Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i launch remote play i can move the controller around and thr selector moves through the menu as expected. When i press the A button, it shows the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sterling_jb, Oct 27, 2020.

1. sterling_jb
    sterling_jb Guest

When i launch remote play i can move the controller around and thr selector moves through the menu as expected. When i press the A button, it shows the attempt to select but nothing launches. My work around is to switch to the phone app controller, press
    A on that, then switch back to remote play. My game has then launched and i can play. The A button appears to work fine in remote play. I jump just fine in Ori.

Has anyone encountered this? Im using a controller with current firmware and an iPhone X thats current. My games are launched from an external drive.

:)

sterling_jb, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Monsterbishi Win User

I need help with CoD Ghosts website

What's your problem? If it's related to anything even remotely difficult they won''t even reply, and their usual solution is to tellyou to re-install and then fob you off to the next support tech..
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

The heartbreaking Battle of Z deal that vanished right before my paycheck

Its not just that they won`t do anything, they simply won`t read anything you wrote here to even consider it.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

wild ticker kills,beast mode.

The problem when playing with randoms is they won`t let you,they just do what they want.
  5. RafinhaGamer21 Win User

My downloaded and installed disc's won't load what do I do?

I am having the same problem. FIFA 15 won´t open, AC:Unity won´t open and all the other games that I have won´t open!
  6. skys7 Win User

Should MS stop users from changing their gender or posing as the opposite gender?

I played with some that sang classical songs while playing Halo and other shooters and whenever they did sing, they won the match lol that was sick but funny.

No I won´t record them, IF I do, they won´t sing for me anymore :p
Thema:

1. Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything - Similar Threads - Remote play problem

2. Xbox Series X Remote Play Problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Remote Play Problem: Just recently got an Xbox Series X. Previously used an Xbox One X with the companion app to stream video to my PC for Twitch streaming reasons. Worked great! However, now that I have this Xbox...
  3. Remote Play problems on cellular

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play problems on cellular: I’m having problems using remote play on cellular 5G, everything works fine on WiFi but I get the “we’ve found your console but can’t connect” error while on cellular. Funny thing is it worked one...
  4. Problems with Remote play with Razer Kishi Xbox controller on Samsung S10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Remote play with Razer Kishi Xbox controller on Samsung S10: Here's my issue. The Kishi and my phone with the Xbox App worked great earlier in July, but after I got back from a bunch of vacation, it seems that the controller doesn't respond the way it...
  5. Remote play has some graphics problems

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play has some graphics problems: For me the remote play is extremely blurry, and only half the screen loads up, everything else works fine thou, when I take a screenshot wit the controller thou it comes out perfectly fine...
  6. Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller: I have broken my controller and I have no need to get a new one. I decided to try and use remote play and use my phone as a controller.. problem is you need a controller to sign into the account...
  7. Problems playing forza horizon 4 remotely (iPhone XS)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Problems playing forza horizon 4 remotely (iPhone XS): when i play forza horizon 4 remotely my controller wont respond with the buttons i hit, when i steer it changes the radio station can you please tell me how to fix this. * Moved from Community...
  8. Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon: When I use remote play I almost constant get the “your network my be experiencing problems” icon in the top left. I am using and orbi ac3000 mesh net work and my Xbox series x is hardwired into...
  9. Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional...: Whenever I try to remote play on my xbox console from my android phone the green rocketship pops up and it loads and then it says, "Unable to sign in, your account requires addition authentication...
  10. Why do I get "Your network may be experiencing some problems" on remote play on Android?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why do I get "Your network may be experiencing some problems" on remote play on Android?: I used to be able to play on my Android locally (same network) and remotely (in another city) without any problem. Now I get the message "Your network may be experiencing some problems" and the...