Remotely install games via a pc

Discus and support Remotely install games via a pc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently asked this question on here and it was suggested to try Xbox Support but language barrier didn't help. How do I set it up so I can remotely... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DCFC734, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DCFC734
    DCFC734 Guest

I recently asked this question on here and it was suggested to try Xbox Support but language barrier didn't help.

How do I set it up so I can remotely install games via xbox.com, have followed the instructions but no luck,

this
    is the link for the instructions Ive followed

I used to get the option to install on my Xbox One on this screen when buying a game but now I don't, can anyone advise.

Have checked twice that the account I'm logged in on the Xbox is the same as the pc (only difference is Ive chosen a nickname to post on the forums than my Gamertag)

Thanks for your help.

Remotely install games via a pc [​IMG]

:)

DCFC734, Aug 29, 2019
  2. DCFC734 Win User

Yes I used to get an option to install on Xbox One on that screen Ive pasted into the reply but I don't get 1 now, I did at some point setup game sharing and Ive found instructions which say " removing this as my home Xbox to remove the designation" this
    apparently gets rids game sharing, have tried to follow said instructions, I get as far as the "Personalisation screen" and there's a message saying " Your home Xbox settings cannot be changed until we connect to this service".

How can I get the option back ?
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey DCFC

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to install games remotely onto your console.

Once you have configured your console to be your Home Xbox, you can alternatively install games remotely using the

Xbox app
    off a mobile device.

Once you find the game you are looking for in the Microsoft Store section of the Xbox app on your mobile device, you can select it, and you will see the option to
    install on your Xbox One.

As long as the console you are trying to install games on is your

Home Xbox
    , you should see the games in your Queue under your
    Games and apps.

Give this a try and let us know if this works of you!
  4. denis97g Win User

I'm afraid that's the only way to remotely install games. Did you change anything on your xbox?
  5. AhmadYamani Win User

Disney Fairies Hidden Treasures "This app does not work on your device."

I found a work around and that is to play the game on my laptop via a remote desktop connection to my desktop pc which has the full version installed. There is a bit of a lag, but better than no game at all. Microsoft Studios, please fix this!
  6. BSDGuru Win User

Xbox One Gets Windows 10 and Cross Platform features in 2015...

Yes.

Question is, will I be able to remote play my XB1 to my PC and Win tablet? I remote play my PS4 via my PS TV and smartphone. :)
Thema:

1. Remotely install games via a pc - Similar Threads - Remotely install games

2. Can't Remote Install Games on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Remote Install Games on Xbox: I don't know why I'm unable to remote install games. On both the web and on the Game Pass app, my xbox is not showing up. I've followed every step on the "Installing games remotely to your Xbox...
  3. game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app remote installation not working: I setup the allow remote installation, I change my setting for my home xbox and I set the power mode to instant on. when I try to download from the app it tell me to select your default x box but...
  4. 2019 NEW USPS Mini helicopter Radio Remote Control Aircraft Micro 3.5 Channel helicopter colorful Hi

in XboX Insiders
    2019 NEW USPS Mini helicopter Radio Remote Control Aircraft Micro 3.5 Channel helicopter colorful Hi: Remote Control Aircraft Fuel-powered remote-controlled aircraft are classified by engine category, also known as oil-powered helicopters, while fuel-powered aircraft are powered by engines such as...
  5. Xbox One remote install error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One remote install error: So I just recently purchased The Division 2 for Xbox One. I've redeemed my game code to my account and then press the "Install on my devices" button. It is at this time that I get an error stating...
  6. Remote installation on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote installation on Xbox: If am remotely installing a new game on Xbox lets say from my laptop do i need an internet connection on my xbox to install it. 2ef43cc1-539d-4245-a54f-2cdfe6115136
  7. Why does my DirectTv remote and setup no longer work fully after I have installed my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my DirectTv remote and setup no longer work fully after I have installed my Xbox One?: I just setup my xbox ONE and I routed my directtv reciever to the xbox one like instruted. I followed all of the setup instructions to make the Live TV work. Now I am unable to use my directtv...
  8. Remote Purchases, Ready to Install when i boot up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Purchases, Ready to Install when i boot up.: Hello, As the August update brought remote purchases done thought Smartglass or Xbox live webpage, I've run into an issue. Both times when Ive tried this the games are just in a "Ready to...
  9. Remote Install/Uninstall

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Install/Uninstall: Can you remotely uninstall games while away from your xbone, just like you can install games remotely. 5fe58744-cb54-4871-a3fb-02639ae933f8
  10. Remote Downloads: Only Download, no Installation?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Downloads: Only Download, no Installation?: I have a question about Remote Downloads on Xbox One. Both times ive tried it (at Work via Windows-8-Smartglass-App) the Games has been downloaded on the Xbox One at home but not installied....