Remove "Skip Sign In" button

Discus and support Remove "Skip Sign In" button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We share our Xbox Series S as a family and I have set up my profile along with my 2 children. Both of them are in my Family Group with parental... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by coolpuddytat, Jun 24, 2021.

1. coolpuddytat
    coolpuddytat Guest

We share our Xbox Series S as a family and I have set up my profile along with my 2 children. Both of them are in my Family Group with parental settings.

When I turn on the Xbox, there is a "Skip Sign In" button. I have been told that the option appears so that we can play offline. However, it makes no sense that my kids can click on that and play whatever they want without signing it or without any parental controls.

I found out that the only way to get rid of "Skip Sign In" is to remove that Xbox as my "Home Xbox". However, does this mean that my children will no longer be able to play the games I downloaded? How else do I set it up so that we can all play the games we are allowed to play (through parental controls) without bypassing all that set up by having a "Skip Sign In" button conveniently located next to my child's profile button?

I don't understand the point of parental controls if they can skip it all just to play whatever they want by not signing in.

:)

coolpuddytat, Jun 24, 2021
  2. JohnnyElie Win User

Xbox drift and button skip

My xbox is up to date so i cant do this.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Johnny thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Without trying to sound repetitive, we have to suggest another reset of the console since
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps and with the controller plugged in to make sure the update goes through to the controller as well)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. If the issue persists the next step would be a Full Factory Reset (deleting everything). Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your response, if a soft factory reset did not resolve the issue, try out an Offline System Update. An Offline System Update will update your console with the latest and most stable version of the Xbox One's operating system. Here's a wizard with
    all the steps needed to complete the OSU: Xbox One Offline System Update

I hope this helps, thanks again!
  5. JohnnyElie Win User

well i just factory reset and as i set it up it still button skips and doesn't seem fixed so far. sorry for the wait.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Johny,

After reading through here it is understood that the camera view is set in a specific state, and we have some suggestions.

To start, it is recommended that if this is occurring on the Xbox One console to attempt a
    soft factory reset:

Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or
    apps. This will save you from downloading or reinstalling the large game files.

Note: This will remove profiles, so be sure to keep all information for signing into any/all accounts.

Try this for us and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Remove "Skip Sign In" button - Similar Threads - Remove Skip Sign

2. XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10: Hi, I have a series X controller that was working fine with windows 10 (Forza horizon 5 edition). I connected it to my phone for about 1 hour and the connecting it back is impossible and I cannot...
  3. [mod removed] Spam

in XBoX on Windows
    [mod removed] Spam: I make a post and there is someone using spam bots and my internet is freaking out too. I literally have to use my phone just to type this. It is affecting others and it's annoying, Please Help....
  4. Latest Skip Ahead Removed Sharing To Twitter

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead Removed Sharing To Twitter: I used this function ALL the time. Made it so much easier to share to twitter, use TweetDeck to download clips, and then make movies from them. WHY?? submitted by /u/dratsablive [link] [comments]
  5. Why did I get removed from alpha skip ahead/alpha???

in XboX Insiders
    Why did I get removed from alpha skip ahead/alpha???: I went and checked and said I can only go up to beta. What happened to my access to alpha/skip ahead? submitted by /u/Demonicdoom_64 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox store got removed after latest alpha skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox store got removed after latest alpha skip ahead update: [IMG] submitted by /u/kinghalo34 [link] [comments]
  7. XSX 120hz Option Removed (for now) -Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    XSX 120hz Option Removed (for now) -Skip Ahead: I’m sure it was for good reason. Maybe to address the dashboard bug, when in 120hz mode. As well as more tweaks behind the scenes. submitted by /u/Whetz47 [link] [comments]
  8. Alpha skip ahead have removed the recent achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead have removed the recent achievements: I quite liked it, knowing what you had recently unlocked and how much its worth, but now there's nothing there I hope its not permanent. submitted by /u/Shagwan257 [link] [comments]
  9. Achievement tracker gone ? Has it been moved or removed with the latest skip ahead update ?

in XboX Insiders
    Achievement tracker gone ? Has it been moved or removed with the latest skip ahead update ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Haydenwill9 [link] [comments]
  10. Avengers Endgame special features dont play without skipping. [Mod Removed - Profanity]?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Avengers Endgame special features dont play without skipping. [Mod Removed - Profanity]?: So i bought Endgame, and surprise surprise, it wouldnt play correctly till i downloaded it to the xbox. BUT, the special features dont play correctly even after download, even ON MY DESKTOP PC!!!...