Removing account and keeping the items it has downloaded

Discus and support Removing account and keeping the items it has downloaded in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I want to remove an account from my xbox and want to keep the games it has downloaded - is this possible? I don’t want to attempt to remove it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PetraLol, Dec 30, 2020.

1. PetraLol
    PetraLol Guest

So I want to remove an account from my xbox and want to keep the games it has downloaded - is this possible? I don’t want to attempt to remove it and then all my games go with it. I thought id ask before I try to remove it. Any help is appreciated Removing account and keeping the items it has downloaded :)

:)

PetraLol, Dec 30, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Unable to update World of Tanks (or any game) on XBox 360 as I get kicked out of X Box live

Hello SignalTuna06,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The article Diego provided contains steps on how to remove and download an account on an Xbox 360. We recommend deleting the profile only. Do not delete the profile and items. Storage devices include the internal storage
    unit or any external storage unit. The internal storage unit is where items get downloaded by default. We hope this helps!
  3. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

TMNT Arcade games gone?

It does not matter if a game has been removed from the Arcade library.

You can re-download any purchase made on your account using your
    download history

(Everything you have purchase on this account will be listed, just click the item and select 'download again'.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Download History Missing Things!

Items in your download history are not removed (even if they are removed from the marketplace). Perhaps the games were downloaded from a different account.

However, you can double check past purchases at commerce.microsoft.com
  5. onyxishere Win User

Psychonauts on Xbox Live

The OP did try to download it from their history.

OP - sorry to tell you but it seems as though the game has been removed from their servers. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it. I myself have been the victim of game/dlc removal.

I now try to keep all items that I want on a hard drive or usb port to prevent this in the future.
  6. WPAK Win User

License Tranfer question

Hi there,

-

if a item is removed from xbox live, then I'm afraid that you won't be able to redownload it again (even after a license transfer, that only transfers licenses and not the download)

But if your account has the license and you still have the download made by that account, you should still be able to use that download. Just dont delete it from the console, since you won't be able to download it again.
Thema:

1. Removing account and keeping the items it has downloaded - Similar Threads - Removing account keeping

2. Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta: We registered an account for the Beta version of Minecraft (Windows 10) but now cannot remove beta, as the account is registered to a child and cannot access Insider Hub. Is it possible to get...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 removed from library/account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 removed from library/account?: I haven't played FH4 in a couple of months and wanted to play it again but I can't because the game is no longer in my account/library. I have to pay for it again, I bought it somewhere in 2019. I...
  4. Game removed from my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game removed from my account: Alright so last year (around August) I bought RDR2 with a discount from gamepass (50 bucks rather than the full 70), today after not playing on my xbox for a while (been a couple months) I went to...
  5. Does my Xbox remove clips, saves, screenshots, accounts etc. when I press ‘Reset and keep...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Xbox remove clips, saves, screenshots, accounts etc. when I press ‘Reset and keep...: Ive been wondering this for a while and could not find the answer on the internet f3d45979-16b0-4ecd-a078-353db7465eae
  6. Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?: I went to try to change my offline xbox 360 account (which on Halo Reach had 5000000+ credits that i reduced down to around 200 or so credits) to an online account. I had specifically reduced my...
  7. My son can't sign in an error code 0x80a4001a keeps coming on I've seen about removing account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't sign in an error code 0x80a4001a keeps coming on I've seen about removing account ...: Do yo have to delete account to clear this error . And if we have to delete account will all progress be lost 174aef69-fd83-429c-95a5-be59f72f894c
  8. Keeping games from removed account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeping games from removed account: Hey I just bought my cousins old Xbox One since he got the X, it’s still logged into his account and he wants it removed since everytime I log in it goes through his account and signs him off...
  9. I would like to remove my Xbox account, but I wanna keep my email

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to remove my Xbox account, but I wanna keep my email: Hello, I would like to remove my Xbox account "" due to me not using it anymore. However, I would still like to keep my actual email attached to this. Would that be possible? I just don't want...
  10. Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content: I am looking to purchase an Xbox One console. I currently have an Xbox 360 4GB console with an additional 120GB slim HDD that I am wanting to sell. I have about 7 games I have downloaded to this...