Removing Ownership of a Game (Not a Refund)

Discus and support Removing Ownership of a Game (Not a Refund) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to have ownership of a particular game or game version removed from my account. I am willing to take the loss of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by T2P, Jun 30, 2020.

1. T2P
    T2P Guest

I was wondering if it is possible to have ownership of a particular game or game version removed from my account. I am willing to take the loss of the expense, as I am far past any refund period. If possible I would like to have the "Digital Deluxe" edition
    changed into the standard edition of the game, removing all DLC ownership.

:)

2. T2P Win User

you can uninstall the DLC which would effectively leave you with just the standard version

go to Games and Apps

highlight the game and press the Menu button (3 horizontal lines)

select Manage Game and Add-ons

highlight the DLC and select Uninstall
    This will not work in my particular case. The DLC is forced onto you just by owning it, even if you have it uninstalled. The game in question is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The way the game works is if you own the DLC, even if not installed, then you pick
    up a friend, it will force you to play DLC maps.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hello T2P,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with a game you own and would like removed from your account. There is no way you or support can remove an entitlement from your account. Once the entitlement is credited to your account
    it can not be reversed besides a refund.

I hope this information helps.
  4. AridLizard Win User

you can uninstall the DLC which would effectively leave you with just the standard version

go to Games and Apps

highlight the game and press the Menu button (3 horizontal lines)

select Manage Game and Add-ons

highlight the DLC and select Uninstall
  5. T2P Win User

A refund would be the only way to have that happen. Outside of that, there's no way to have licenses removed from your account.
    So no one has that kind of clearance or what? Even if I permit them to do it? I would be happy just having the entire game license removed from my account and just repurchasing the standard version.
  6. Smwutches Win User

A refund would be the only way to have that happen. Outside of that, there's no way to have licenses removed from your account.
Thema:

1. Removing Ownership of a Game (Not a Refund) - Similar Threads - Removing Ownership Game

2. Uninstalled games from Xbox game pass PC doesn't remove the game from my ssd.

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstalled games from Xbox game pass PC doesn't remove the game from my ssd.: I uninstalled fallout 76 from my ssd at Xbox Beta PC, cause it didn't work, but its still occupying space in my ssd. 75gb! I tried to use treesize but I can't find the full path to try to delete...
  3. Xbox Live Gold 1 year membership option removed?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold 1 year membership option removed?: I have an Xbox Live Gold membership that's about to end. I was going to extend it, but the 1 year option doesn't show up. Has it been removed? I'm not sure if this is the reason why I don't have...
  4. how do you remove someone else's microsoft account from an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you remove someone else's microsoft account from an xbox one: I recently bought xbox one from a garage sale and it has an old account on it. I do I remove it 39b480c5-ccc7-46f3-bf45-b2cf2081e44a
  5. How do I remove the message request feature

in XboX Insiders
    How do I remove the message request feature: I would like to have all messages in one place if possible submitted by /u/DeVesta2 [link] [comments]
  6. Cant redeem code and remove payment method

in XboX Insiders
    Cant redeem code and remove payment method: It won't let me redeem my code it's pissing me off, I've got game pass code and Xbox live code and it says there is a problem with my bill on a card and won't let me renew any thing submitted by...
  7. Removing the sign-in option from a Xbox Account someone else uses. (It's hard to say it)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing the sign-in option from a Xbox Account someone else uses. (It's hard to say it): Hey everybody. So basically my aunt's daughter came over today and asked if she could log into my Xbox App via PC. I said sure, and she proceeded to add her account information in while I looked...
  8. Xbox Harassment by [mod removed-personal information] aka 100 others

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Harassment by [mod removed-personal information] aka 100 others: I'm a 17 year member of Xbox Live. I'm in the Xbox Preview Program & was amongst the 1st to get the Club Update nearly 5 years ago or so when it 1st launched for preview members. I created a Club...
  9. Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games: As the title suggests, Xbox Games Pass on PC isn't consistently removing games when you click the uninstall button. On the affected titles (Metro Exodus, Halo) the shortcuts disappear, and the...
  10. Can't remove The Surge, Xbox Beta app doesn't uninstall fully.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't remove The Surge, Xbox Beta app doesn't uninstall fully.: Been trying to fix this for about 4 hours now. I tried to uninstall the Wins 10 version of the game though the Xbox Beta app, but all it does it remove the shortcut from the app itself. Now the...